Just off Imagination

dmance

I got home yesterday from a 4 day Bahama cruise. Overall the cruise was great, just a few comments for other to comment on.

-Not Anyones fault but it was about 65 and soooo windy in Nassau. If i was planning an outdoor day i woul dhave been very dissapointed. However I planned a tour of the Atlantis Aquarium with my 10 year old so it was great.

The ship was great, staff was ok, not the friendliest I have ever has but they were ok. It did seems there was less staff around.

I must say I found the Horizon Buffet area terrible. The tables were always full of dirty dishes. I am used to the staff being there the minute folks got up and cleaning table , not this time.. I cleared tables so we could sit and then had to do the silverware hunt... The rest of the ship was very clean...

The best thing about this trip was JOSH the cruise director. He was the assitant director when I took the cruise to nowhere in OCt and I was so happy to see him on this cruise. He is funny and entertaining... He is younger and has younger humor so some seniors may not "get" him.

Overall we had a great time and I will begin shopping for my next cruise today. I think I may try RCL this time again as I really like the openess of those ships instead of the neon and low ceilings... BUt carnivals food is much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back. Chris and I were on the Imagination a couple of years ago and found the food and staff both to be wonderful. I sure hope this was just an off week for them and not their new standard. But either way, sorry the "off" week was on your vacation! Hope you had a great time otherwise.:)

Kim

I was on her this past August and found the staff and service to be wonderful - better than our 2006 cruise on the Miracle (which wasn't bad by any stretch, but I felt the Imagination staff and service was even better).

We did not experience what you did in the Horizon - tables were cleaned off right away, and new tableware was set. Extra tableware was also easily available.

Hopefully it was just an off week - sorry it was your week.

Will be back on Carnival in 2010 - just waiting for the Summer 2010 NYC schedule to be released.

Archived