I Received My Compass Rewards

Whippets

I received my Compass Rewards today it was right...I only ended with 107 points they sent me two one CAT. upgrade certificates..Don't think it will be useful to me though.

It amazes me 100 points equals to a $10 upgrade?

And you can only use it on the same category upgrade. So you cant go from Inside to Ocean view or Ocean view to Balcony.

After opening my letter today...it was CORRECT. Two five hundred certicates and one upgrade certificate. I praised Jesus and immediately logged on to report here.

coka

Thanks Coka-you've provided a ray of hope into an otherwise depressing thread

mbisson, I now join the club in receiving the wrong amount.:eek:

Was expecting a $500 cert. and a 100 pt. upgrade as I ended up with 664 or something like that. I called the number on the B of A card and the rep wanted to transfer me right to World Points but I said I was calling about Compass Rewards.

She said my a/c showed redemption of 500 pts. back in Aug. and was having a hard time understanding that I was talking about an addl. 500 earned since then....nothing shown.

I was given the resolution address and details and I suppose I will have to join the queue.:eek::rolleyes:

Monte, I hope you have better luck.

mbisson' date=' I now join the club in receiving the wrong amount.:eek:

Was expecting a $500 cert. and a 100 pt. upgrade as I ended up with 664 or something like that. I called the number on the B of A card and the rep wanted to transfer me right to World Points but I said I was calling about Compass Rewards.

She said my a/c showed redemption of 500 pts. back in Aug. and was having a hard time understanding that I was talking about an addl. 500 earned since then....nothing shown.

I was given the resolution address and details and I suppose I will have to join the queue.:eek::rolleyes:

Monte, I hope you have better luck.[/quote']

DAMN! Now I'm depressed again. Maybe I'll get some good news in the mail today (or maybe bad news)

On the bright side though---even if they screw up mine...it's a long time till I'll need to redeem them so hopefully it'll be all fixed in time :D

DAMN! Now I'm depressed again. Maybe I'll get some good news in the mail today (or maybe bad news)

On the bright side though---even if they screw up mine...it's a long time till I'll need to redeem them so hopefully it'll be all fixed in time :D

I wouldn't expect much good news. Sadly, but not unexpectedly, I just received mine today and I received a $100 upgrade but not my 2 $500 certs. Letter said I had earned 17 points. Those are the points I earned between Dec 5th and Dec 31st. I earned 987 as of my Dec 5th statement. I should have received $1000 in rewards certs plus the rounded-up $100 upgrade for my remaining points. Just another victim of BOA's incompetence. :( Looks like I'll be busy this weekend documenting everything and writing my resolution letter. With so many conflicting answers from both BOA and NCL, I don't want to wait a few more weeks just to discover that they can't get it resolved without our documentation. After this mess, frankly, I don't trust either corp.

I wouldn't expect much good news. Sadly' date=' but not unexpectedly, I just received mine today and I received a $100 upgrade but not my 2 $500 certs. Letter said I had earned 17 points. Those are the points I earned between Dec 5th and Dec 31st. I earned 987 as of my Dec 5th statement. I should have received $1000 in rewards certs plus the rounded-up $100 upgrade for my remaining points. Just another victim of BOA's incompetence. :( Looks like I'll be busy this weekend documenting everything and writing my resolution letter. With so many conflicting answers from both BOA and NCL, I don't want to wait a few more weeks just to discover that they can't get it resolved without our documentation. After this mess, frankly, I don't trust either corp.[/quote']

Bummer! Only thing I may differ about with you is that even if mine come in wrong (I'm expecting they might) I don't think I'll be blaming NCL for a BoA screwup.

Bummer! Only thing I may differ about with you is that even if mine come in wrong (I'm expecting they might) I don't think I'll be blaming NCL for a BoA screwup.

i had 551 pointas in dec, i only got a 1 cat upgrade,never got my 500 certificate, i called and they said they r working on it, yea sure they r help me anyone larry. if u have any numbers or adress to write or call let me know

hey could i get that adreess please, i am feeling like they are trying to rip us off

hey could i get that adreess please, i am feeling like they are trying to rip us off

Sorry Larry. Personally, I can't vouch for how well it they work, but a couple addresses have been given by others earlier in this thread.

Like you, I'm a 'little' suspicious of how BoA has done this. :eek:

And other than being short 2 $500 certificates everything is fine.

Such a wonderful company BoA is!!!

Although I haven't cancelled them YET, I have removed 2 BoA credit cards from my wallet. The cancellation will occur as soon as I get the correct certificates

Obviously from all the posts most, if not all of us, have used this program before. I know we have. I pretty much cashed out our points last August for our Alaska cruise which left us with about 100 +/- points. I guess my question, statement, is.....since B of A/NCL notified us in plenty of time that "they" would be closing out our accounts and sending us whatever certificates we had coming......why didn't those of you that had accumulated over 500 points cash them out yourself? 100 points really isn't worth all that much, but 500!!! That equates to $500 in savings!! Perhaps this is a lesson learned....don't let "big business" handle your affairs when you can. I'm sure that you'll all end up getting your corrected points, but in the mean time YOU are the one getting upset and YOU will be the one who will be doing all the work to set "them" right. Just a thought IMHO.

Got mine today--big surprise, it was wrong! I had 530 points as of my December closing date plus another $150ish card through the end of December and I got one lousy $100 cert for an upgrade. Says my Final Compass Rewards balance as of 12/31/2008 was 13 points.

Obviously from all the posts most, if not all of us, have used this program before. I know we have. I pretty much cashed out our points last August for our Alaska cruise which left us with about 100 +/- points. I guess my question, statement, is.....since B of A/NCL notified us in plenty of time that "they" would be closing out our accounts and sending us whatever certificates we had coming......why didn't those of you that had accumulated over 500 points cash them out yourself? 100 points really isn't worth all that much, but 500!!! That equates to $500 in savings!! Perhaps this is a lesson learned....don't let "big business" handle your affairs when you can. I'm sure that you'll all end up getting your corrected points, but in the mean time YOU are the one getting upset and YOU will be the one who will be doing all the work to set "them" right. Just a thought IMHO.

Well, I'm sure people have different reasons, but we didn't cash ours out early because 1) We trusted that what was promised would come to fruition (and it probably will, just might take a little longer; 2) We are not cruising until December, so there was no rush; and 3) the certs to be mailed after the switch have a longer expiration date, meaning since we expect $2500 total, we can use $1500 on our cruise this year, book one for 2010 before the end of the year, and still have $1000 in certs to use on that cruise.

There are others who "waited" because points were supposed to be added until December 31st and they wanted to try to get to the next level for another $500 cert.

OCLadies, I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you the reason I didn't cash mine out sooner. Those who called to request their certificates had to abide by the old expiration date. When redeeming rewards, you have to sail within one year of the date of the cert. However, since BOA is ending the program, they decided that the certs would be good for an additional year. So instead of having to sail by 12/31/2009 as I would have had I requested my certs, I don't have to sail until 1/31/2011. Since I've already made my vacation plans for this year, I needed the extra year.

You are correct that most of us have requested certs in the past. I've gotten quite a few of them and never had a problem. I don't recall reading complaints from others, either. They even managed to switch the program from MBNA to BOA with no loss of point. There was simply no reason to suspect that these certs would be incorrect.

As with most every one else, our's were not correct either. We expected $1500.00 but got 2 $100.00 certs. Doug just got off the phone with them (BoA) and they show that we were issued the correct certs but will rec've them next week by Friday. God knows I don't believe them, but thought I would post here too.

I accumulated 1332 points on the old program and yesterday received a letter from BOA. The letter said the certificates were enclosed. On the second page of the letter there was a statement that I earned a one category upgrade. Printed below that, where the certificate should have been was the words "intentionally left blank". I called BOA and they said that they were sending out the upgrade certs first and that the 2 -$500 certificates should come in a week or two. I told the rep that I would give them 2 weeks and then would call again:mad:

We got our letter today--can anyone guess right? or wrong? amts. WRONG< WRONG<WRONG:mad: Suppose to get 2 $500.00 certs and got one cat. upgrade! That just doesn't work when you book suites. We didn't ask for our certs early either as we are using them for SA in 2010.

I'am going to go back over the posts to see what I'am suppose to do now. I know someone posted a # or an address. I feel for those who needed them right away. At least we have awhile to get this straightened out! What a SCREWED up mess and I'am being polite with my wording!!

I am not sure if I feel GRRRRRR:mad: or BOO HOO:(! Got mine yesterday. 1 upgrade certificate for what they had as 71 points. Have just finished printing December 23 statement showing 990 points, and January statement showing $2459.85 in purchases which would equate to 74 compass points. I simply can not fathom how this could have occurred.

My background is computers so I am TRYING to figure out what MIGHT have gone wrong. No luck. I am sending to the address one of you was kind enough to post. PLEASE anyone who gets this ugly mess rectified and actually receives what is due to them, post! This $1000 was the reason my DH agreed to a Bermuda cruise in 2010--and the reason my kids had such a good Christmas, I kept charging away figuring it was all for a good cause!

I am so happy for all of you for which the accounting was correct. I had held out hope I would be one..... Oh well if this is the worst that happens to me in 2009 I will consider myself lucky!

Today when I talked to an NCL representative, she told me that the program started under MNBA and then when Bank of America took over the Compass Rewards program didn't make a smooth transition. However, she said that Bank of America really has nothing to do with this and it is not their responsibility. She said that it is fully NCL's responsibility. At first they were telling everyone to write to the NCL Compass Rewards Dispute Resolution address but once they realized the magnitude of it they started taking information from everyone over the phone and telling them that an NCL supervisor would call them within 3-5 days to try to rectify the problem.

I was calculating what I thought my exact points should be and figured out what happened at least in my case. We have two NCL mastercards. When I calculated just the amount of points for the purchases from our December statement date to December 31, it was the amount of points showing on the letters for each account (3 and 48). It was like they forgot to add the balance to the final portion of time. We'll see what happens when we actually get the call.

Does anyone know if they would be using the "transaction date" or the "posting date" for making the calculation of points? We had some significant purchases that we made on 12/31 so on the statement it shows a "transaction date" of 12/31 but the "posting date" was 1/02. If they use the posting date, we'll probably be screwed even though the final letter said that we would get certificates for the purchases through December 31st. I guess we all just have to see how it all works out in the end.

Hi Barb,

Sorry for jumping on your board but I wanted to let you know that I finally booked a cruise. Im taking Rob for his 21st birthday on the Gem. Email me if you get a chance. I havent had time to check the boards to see what you have been up to but Im sure its been alot. Would love to catch up.

Joanne

Archived