Radiance-class end hump cabins--balcony size and furniture?

allisons

It's a hump cabin right next to the elevator. It looks to have a big balcony. I'm interested to know if the balcony is as big as it really looks? :confused:How's the cabin, same as any other D1? We're sailing to Panama soon on her! Any pictures or info would be terrific! :D

Thanks!

Jan

...often think alike!!!

LAURA I have stateroom 9092 on the Radiance booked for my 11 night Aculpaco MR cruise Jan 11, 2010. We'll have to correspond after your cruise for you share the pros/cons of this location.

In addition, I have stateroom 9094 booked for my Ultimate Alaska cruise on board the Serenade OTS this September. My son has 9076 booked, so we are both jazzed for what appears to be fantastic balconies to take in the beautiful Alaskan scenery.

How funny is this??

Our friends have 9076 booked for the Sept cruise.

We can tell you about both of those cabins.

I'll tell you what. I am going to hide a note in the cabin for you and you can see if you find it in January.

Will take pics of both cabins for you.

We'll talk for sure.

Laura

9576 is AWESOME. We had it in 2008 and have it booked again for 2010. The balcony is oversized at an angle and has great covering. You can sit out there in virtually any weather and stay dry and the wind is not bad either.

The balcony had a lounger and two regular chairs along with a small table. You could see forward but not aft. Also the location was spectacular - very quiet and convenient to everything.

How funny is this??

Our friends have 9076 booked for the Sept cruise.

We can tell you about both of those cabins.

I'll tell you what. I am going to hide a note in the cabin for you and you can see if you find it in January.

Will take pics of both cabins for you.

We'll talk for sure.

Laura

And we have Radiance 9092 booked for our May Alaska cruise. I sure hope this great cabin doesn't get worn out from all the use.:p

Have fun and enjoy!

We had 8086 on the Jewel last week (see picture attached). It was 2 over from the centrum elevators, on the beginning of the hump facing forward. We sat out and had a perfect view of the Panama Canal. It had 2 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and a table.

848787160_Jewel-2009009.jpg.854d7765a9ccb9e25dfc6e35e6b3a8c4.jpg

We'll throw on a fresh coat of paint before we leave. Any color preferences?:D

Don't care what color as long as it matches the bedding.

You are just too considerate..thanks.

Good thing we don't know you better. May just have asked for some other cabin changes also.

Laura

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread. We are in 8102 on Serenade on 2nd May, re-positioning from San Francsico to Alaska. The balcony looks great. We have had aft cabins with huge balconies before and this looks almost comparable, but nearer the stairs.

Thanks for this thread. We are in 8102 on Serenade on 2nd May, re-positioning from San Francsico to Alaska. The balcony looks great. We have had aft cabins with huge balconies before and this looks almost comparable, but nearer the stairs.

I'm just off the Jewel (Panama Canal cruise) and had the good fortune of being in cabin #8102.......I love this class of ship and now I fear this cabin has spoiled me forever!!! Enjoy every second of your cruise.

...often think alike!!!

LAURA I have stateroom 9092 on the Radiance booked for my 11 night Aculpaco MR cruise Jan 11, 2010. We'll have to correspond after your cruise for you share the pros/cons of this location.

And yet another coincidence ... we have 9092 on the cruise right before yours! (And on March 12). Sounds like a great cabin. We'll leave it in great shape for you!

Jan

I have just returned from 8102 on Brilliance. Greta cabon location and nice balcony although, as someone else has said, not as big as first appears.

It wasn't a balcony for sunbathing though as unless the sun is low it doesn't get more than a foot or so inside the balcony due to the full length ceiling. I got nice brown ankles.

We also had a problem with smoke from the next door balcony. I was convinced before sailing that any smoke would flow along the ship away from our cabin but this wasn't the case. I ften sit in a confined space with a smoker (my mother :D) and it never seems to be overpowering and our neighbour couldn't be described as a chain smoker, anything but, but within seconds of him lighting up the balcony would reek of smoke and we would have to go in and shut the door. The guy was perfectly entitled to smoke on his balcony but I don't understand why the effects of the smoke were so bad.

I was on the Serenade Of The Seas in October in cabin 8088 and to be honest I wasn't that impressed by it. The balconey is large, two chairs, a small table, and two loungers. I thought the balconey was "cavelike". Conversation seemed to echo and we didn't get that much sun on it. Also, every night a band played in the Centrum until midnight and the sound seeped into the cabin. In November we're back to the Radiance but this time we're confirmed into one of the favorite aft cabins, #1104 so we'll see how that goes..

Good, if you guys prefer the aft, then we might have a better chance of getting the hump! :D:D We had 8088, 9076, and a forward 7 on Serenade. I don't really mind the cave like aspect. We enjoy the loungers. We are on Radiance Nov. 7. :):D

• 1 month later...

We booked room 7594 but there are several E1's available towards the aft(7152-7170 & 7652-7670) It looks like the aft E1's will have a much bigger cabin than our current 7594. I know that the aft E1's do not have a full divider. Does anyone have any more knowledge of these two cabins.

• 10 months later...

Archived