Anyone use ShoreTrips? Experience?

Valeri8806

I'll second the poster above. A fellow cruiser turned me on to them and they are highly reputable, reasonably priced, and have connections in most cruise ports. You can often book through them and get the same excursion the ships offer for a lot less.

I always begin my shore excursion shopping by checking out both the cruise line excursions and ShoreTrips. They both contract with local tour companies, so often they are offering the exact same excursions at very different prices.

This past cruise, I found the same excursion on both the list from the cruise line and on ShoreTrips website. I dug further and discovered that both were offered through a small resort, and that it was a far better deal to book directly with the resort and take a cab there myself!

When I first started cruising, I always booked ship excursions. Later, I discovered ShoreTrips. Now, I use both and also book on my own. Reviews on this site can steer you in the right direction, so you don't get in trouble booking independently. ShoreTrips is a sure thing - no worries.

I just had my first experience, and wasn't totally satisfied... but... I don't want to put them down, because I think they were trying to do what they could under the circumstances, and as a result, we didn't get to do any of the things that were on the original tour we chose. *sigh*

We selected the "Nature Lover's Tour of Cozumel," which included snorkeling, a ruins visit, a lighthouse, and a trip through a lagoon. Choppy waters prevented the lagoon tour and the snorkeling, so they put us on the "Jeep Tour," instead. They said we'd be getting a partial refund for the difference, but did not specify how much that would be. They also did not offer a full refund of any kind if we did not want to do the Jeep Tour (which, as I mentioned, included NONE of the original plan). I felt kind of forced into the Jeep Tour.

Nature Lover's Tour:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=CZM&tcode=004573

Jeep Tour:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=CZM&tcode=000898

We basically made one stop at a cenote, and got a five-minute talk about what one is. Then we went to El Cedral, with one small ruin that was a fertility temple. After that we zipped along at about 50mph along the coast to ONE beach stop for some chips, salsa, and drinks (I don't drink), and a little swimming time. The current was pretty rough... glad I had ocean swimming experience from the Jersey Shore. LOL! After that, we had lunch at a small local restaurant, which was tasty.

Considering what we planned to do, and what we were basically forced to do (at least it felt that way at the time), I don't think a $4 price difference was really appropriate, since they were not at all similar. I'd rather have gotten the refund and found something else to do -- maybe go to Chankanaab for the afternoon, or just explore Punta Sur on my own. I don't know.

But, I don't want to fault them entirely for something they can't control -- mother nature. They deemed it unsafe to snorkel, and did not want to put us at risk. I had other friends who did go snorkeling, though, and they said it was a little rough, but manageable. But, under the circumstances, I think a bigger refund should have been in order. We made the best of it, and our guide was nice -- he stopped long enough for me to TRY to get a picture of the lighthouse, since we couldn't visit it -- but it was not anything remotely close to what we had wanted to do on Cozumel.

Still and all, I still hear great things about this site, here and other places, so I definitely invite you to give them a go, and form your own opinion.

Can anyone guide in the right direction in trying to find

anyone sailing on celebrity equinox departing from southhampton on 8/8 would like to know if anyone can tell me how i can arrange a private tour to paris from lehavre including admission to the eiffel tower?

I've used them and found them very good. However, if I was looking for Stingray City in Grand Cayman, I would book with Captain Marvin. Its a two minute walk from the dock, and I believe they have about as good a price as anyone. We have done it twice with kids and it was a great experience with Captain Marvin, both times.

lfd,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are a few things you can do to make your cruise enjoyable. First join your fellow sailors on the Equinox Roll Call/Meet and Mingle board. Just scroll down to the Celebrity notaton and click on and then you will be directed to the fleet, select the Equinox and search for your sailing by date.

To get specific recommendations for the tour to Paris go to the Destinations/Ports of Call Board and click on Europe. There will be many posts with the information you seek.

When and if you have any more questions you can post here for general information, you can choose Celebrity Cruises threads or you can seek information on the Roll Call board for your sailing.

Have a great cruise on a beautiful new ship!

We're looking at booking some excursions through Shore Trips. Have any of you booked there before? How are they?

I used them last November in Guadeloupe. Their tour was outstanding!! I had a wonderful guide,there was only six of us total in my tour group and the highlight was having lunch at a local home overlooking the ocean. I would use them again for any of my ports!!

Now I would suggest that you check out the port of call boards for each of your port stops. The ports tha you are going to have quite a few popluar tour guides that get rave reviews week after week.

Happy sailing!!

I've used them and found them very good. However, if I was looking for Stingray City in Grand Cayman, I would book with Captain Marvin. Its a two minute walk from the dock, and I believe they have about as good a price as anyone. We have done it twice with kids and it was a great experience with Captain Marvin, both times.

Are you sure you don't mean Captain Bryan of the Bucaneer Catamaran excursion?

You can book that through:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

I just had my first experience, and wasn't totally satisfied... but... I don't want to put them down, because I think they were trying to do what they could under the circumstances, and as a result, we didn't get to do any of the things that were on the original tour we chose. *sigh*

We selected the "Nature Lover's Tour of Cozumel," which included snorkeling, a ruins visit, a lighthouse, and a trip through a lagoon. Choppy waters prevented the lagoon tour and the snorkeling, so they put us on the "Jeep Tour," instead. They said we'd be getting a partial refund for the difference, but did not specify how much that would be. They also did not offer a full refund of any kind if we did not want to do the Jeep Tour (which, as I mentioned, included NONE of the original plan). I felt kind of forced into the Jeep Tour.

Nature Lover's Tour:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=CZM&tcode=004573

Jeep Tour:

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=CAR&lcode=CZM&tcode=000898

We basically made one stop at a cenote, and got a five-minute talk about what one is. Then we went to El Cedral, with one small ruin that was a fertility temple. After that we zipped along at about 50mph along the coast to ONE beach stop for some chips, salsa, and drinks (I don't drink), and a little swimming time. The current was pretty rough... glad I had ocean swimming experience from the Jersey Shore. LOL! After that, we had lunch at a small local restaurant, which was tasty.

Considering what we planned to do, and what we were basically forced to do (at least it felt that way at the time), I don't think a $4 price difference was really appropriate, since they were not at all similar. I'd rather have gotten the refund and found something else to do -- maybe go to Chankanaab for the afternoon, or just explore Punta Sur on my own. I don't know.

But, I don't want to fault them entirely for something they can't control -- mother nature. They deemed it unsafe to snorkel, and did not want to put us at risk. I had other friends who did go snorkeling, though, and they said it was a little rough, but manageable. But, under the circumstances, I think a bigger refund should have been in order. We made the best of it, and our guide was nice -- he stopped long enough for me to TRY to get a picture of the lighthouse, since we couldn't visit it -- but it was not anything remotely close to what we had wanted to do on Cozumel.

Still and all, I still hear great things about this site, here and other places, so I definitely invite you to give them a go, and form your own opinion.

I had used them(Shore Trips) and found them in my opinion, less than reputable.

I had also found that using ideas from their web-site you can book directly with the provider with the same or better prices.............voltdoc

Are you sure you don't mean Captain Bryan of the Bucaneer Catamaran excursion?

You can book that through:

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

Definately Captain Marvin - he is in his nineties, and if you are lucky he will be on your excursion!

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Grand Cayman is so well organized, I think most tours would be reputable!

I had used them(Shore Trips) and found them in my opinion, less than reputable.

I had also found that using ideas from their web-site you can book directly with the provider with the same or better prices.............voltdoc

i'm anxous to know what was not reputable with them, ive never heard anything bad about them.... and i agree with above poster Capt Marvins is the best for sting ray....

My daughter and I want to try the zip-line tour in St Lucia this June. We have looked into the ship's excursion and shorelines.com. Has anyone used them for zip line/canopy tour in St. Lucia? Your opinion is appreciate. If not then, any other vendor?

Can anyone guide in the right direction in trying to find

anyone sailing on celebrity equinox departing from southhampton on 8/8 would like to know if anyone can tell me how i can arrange a private tour to paris from lehavre including admission to the eiffel tower?

You might want to checkout this website:

http://www.europeportreviews.com/ParisFrance.htm

Keep in mind that Paris is over 100 miles from Le Havre. It is roughly a 2-hour drive, but throw in high traffic congestion and you will quickly eat up you day in port. Depending on the amount of time you have in port, 4-6 hrs of travel time doesn't leave time for much else unless you are taking a helicopter to get there.

Archived