See you on Saturday!

gargoyle999

DW and I will be visiting Key West this coming weekend. Have never been before but really looking forward to it. We'll be driving down on Saturday after we spend Friday night (actually Saturday morning since our flight arrives around 11:45pm) in Ft Lauderdale. Spending 3 nights at the Nassau House then heading back EARLY Tuesday for our cruise on the Miracle.

Have lined up parasailing, a ghost tour, tickets for the trolley and sightseeing for Sunday and the day trip to Ft Jefferson on the Yankee Freedom on Monday.

Weather is looking good Sat - Tuesday. I won't complain if it is a little warmer than forecast but DW thinks low 70's is perfect.

I really can't wait to get there! :)

Made it to Key West today! :D After settling into our room, we walked over to Catherine St and had dinner at El Siboney which was DW's pick as she likes Cuban food.

Bit of a long drive down here from Ft Lauderdale. About 6 hrs drive time, many slow spots or stopped traffic. But it was nice to enjoy the warm sunshine on the way down. Have rented a convertible and had the top down the whole way! It was sooo nice after all the below temps we've had at home this winter.

Because we arrived later than I had hoped didn't make it to BO's Fishwagon for lunch. So I'll have to cut out something else on Sunday or Monday as I really want to check it out.

Archived