Bayonne NJ Resident will help with FAQ

hazeleyes

Hi everyone! Wanted to start a board to be able to help people who are comming to my town. Figured the best thing to do was post this and take it from here.

I am a Bayonne New Jersey Resident and I love cruising. I'm sure others out there have a million questions that they cant find answers to, and I'm willing to help.

So ask away and i'll find out the answers for you and post them here.

Happy sailing!

Hi thanks to both of you for offering help! I have a question for you. I will be flying in to Newark on Porter on a Friday around noon. I hear there is a bus that takes you right in to NY that you can get from the airport. Could either of you tell me where in the airport I can find the bus, what the bus is called and where I should get off (I am staying at the Marriott Time Square 114 West 40th St.). Thanks!

We just booked EOS 03/19/2010 and will be coming by Amtrak train to NJ. We plan on coming the day before and looking for a hotel near Penn Station NJ. Any suggestions?

Also should we take a cab or a car service to the pier?

Thanks for your help.

I think there is a Hilton at Penn Station...check their website. We have booked http://www.blackexecutivecars.com/index.html for the transfer from Newark Penn Station to Cape Liberty after recommendations on CC...$45 +tip.

Simon

When we crised out of Bayonne 1/08 they were doing a lot of construction near the port...Can you tell me what they were building, and if any of it is complete?

THX!

They are building condos there it's suppose to be done this Spring..it's coming along great....I heard rumours of a hotel right in that area which would be nice! I would so work there. :D

Hi everyone! Wanted to start a board to be able to help people who are comming to my town. Figured the best thing to do was post this and take it from here.

I am a Bayonne New Jersey Resident and I love cruising. I'm sure others out there have a million questions that they cant find answers to, and I'm willing to help.

So ask away and i'll find out the answers for you and post them here.

Happy sailing!

1)Many years ago when I lived in Jersey City,it was necessary to have a special passport to get into Bayonne. Is that still the case?

2)Does Bayonne still have more bars per square mile than a cruise ship?

3) Is Judike's Bakery still open? Is it still as good? I loved the Half Moon cake,all the doughnuts,and the onion filled rolls.

What memories I have of Venice Pizzaria,and Uncle Miltie's!

Debbie,

Do you have any experience with the Hudson Plaza Motel? The few reviews I am seeing are not positive and my impression is that this a motel that might not suit folks about to depart on a cruise.

Most of the folks seeking a motel room for the night before the cruise are from abroad or live more than 4 hours away. They are unfamiliar with the Newark/Bayonne/Jersey City area and are overwhelmed by the many choices. Typically a brand name hotel (3* or more) at Newark Airport will be satisfactory and there are often excellent deals. I have seen the Holiday Inn offered at $56 in the last few weeks. It becomes more complicated if they want easy access to NYC or a place to leave their car while cruising.

Hi thanks to both of you for offering help! I have a question for you. I will be flying in to Newark on Porter on a Friday around noon. I hear there is a bus that takes you right in to NY that you can get from the airport. Could either of you tell me where in the airport I can find the bus, what the bus is called and where I should get off (I am staying at the Marriott Time Square 114 West 40th St.). Thanks!

I've never taken the bus into NYC but ill see if i can find out for you the information. I'll get back to you by today.

We just booked EOS 03/19/2010 and will be coming by Amtrak train to NJ. We plan on coming the day before and looking for a hotel near Penn Station NJ. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

So your looking at hotels in the Newark area then correct?

Thanks for your help.

Here is a good link for Penn Station Newark.

I'll get back to you in a few with information on hotels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Station_(Newark)

Hilton - Phone - 973-622-5000

1 Gateway Center, Newark NJ

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/EWRHGHF-Hilton-Newark-Penn-Station-New-Jersey/index.do?WT.srch=1

Best Western - Robert Treat Hotel 973-622-0118

Ste 100, 50 Park Place, Newark NJ

http://www.rthotel.com/

Hotel Carlton 973-642-7100

24E Park Street, Newark NJ

No web site for that one

Broad Street Hotel 973-242-2520

882 Broad Street, Newark NJ

No web site for that one

Ramada Hotel 201-824-4000

US Highway 1 & Hayne, Newark NJ

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/home