Can you tell me what is provided on Mariner?

Hi folks, this is our first cruise on RCI and we are going on the Mariner. I'm sure my questions have answers spread out all over but can we sum it up what is provided in the cabin and what do we need to bring.

1) Does the shower have shower gel in the stall or packets or what?

2) Soap bars or gel for bathroom vanity

3) Is the shower decent size like Carnival or tiny like Princess (if you haven't traveled on both Carnival provides gel and shampoo in containers in the shower and you can bend over to shave your legs and Princess you are lucky to turn around and not much place to place your gel and shampoo - they provide bars and cardboard shampoo containers).

4) Is there a refrig in the room?

5) Bathrooms in the room or can you request them?

6) Do they offer a laundry special of one bag that you get back to use during the cruise?

7) How are the beds in comfort? Princess you need to ask for an eggcrate and Carnival is wonderful.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. If feels so strange trying a different line and not knowing anything.

Hi folks, this is our first cruise on RCI and we are going on the Mariner. I'm sure my questions have answers spread out all over but can we sum it up what is provided in the cabin and what do we need to bring.

I'll try....

1) Does the shower have shower gel in the stall or packets or what?

Unless you are in a suite, you will get a wall dispenser of all-in-one shampoo and body wash.

2) Soap bars or gel for bathroom vanity

As I recall you get bars of soap.

3) Is the shower decent size like Carnival or tiny like Princess (if you haven't traveled on both Carnival provides gel and shampoo in containers in the shower and you can bend over to shave your legs and Princess you are lucky to turn around and not much place to place your gel and shampoo - they provide bars and cardboard shampoo containers).

I can't compare to Carnival, but the bathrooms on Mariner are a decent size. In a junior or grand suite you get a shower/tub combo. Owners suite has a separate tub

4) Is there a refrig in the room?

Yes but it just cools things mildly, doesn't get them really cold.

5) Bathrooms in the room or can you request them?

I assume you mean bathrobes. They come in suites or if you're a Platinum or higher member of the Crown & Anchor Society (loyalty program). Otherwise, ask and ye may receive, although it depends on your cabin steward and availability.

6) Do they offer a laundry special of one bag that you get back to use during the cruise?

They did in March - stuff a bag with T-shirts, shorts, socks & undies. No pressing.

7) How are the beds in comfort? Princess you need to ask for an eggcrate and Carnival is wonderful.

I think they're fab, but some find them too hard. Nice duvets. Bedding was upgraded fleet-wide starting in 2006.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. If feels so strange trying a different line and not knowing anything.

I understand! We're trying the Carnival Paradise on Friday, first time for us after 25 cruises on the Monarch.

I'll try....

I assume you mean bathrobes. They come in suites or if you're a Platinum or higher member of the Crown & Anchor Society (loyalty program). Otherwise, ask and ye may receive, although it depends on your cabin steward and availability.

I understand! We're trying the Carnival Paradise on Friday, first time for us after 25 cruises on the Monarch.

LOL....yes I meant bathrobes. :p Glad you could read my mind.

Thanks so much for the info. That helps out alot. We are in the Promenade Cabin. I hope you enjoy your Carnival cruise. We just recently took our first older Carnival ship and was pleasantly surprised.

Archived