YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

We're home from out Middle East adventure. Thanks for the very nice comments. I glad you are enjoying my videos.

Dubai was awesome - the amount of wealth is unbelievable. It was everything you've read about and more.

Muscat, Oman and Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt on the Sinai Peninsular were two more very interesting port calls. Muscat was the hub of the frankincense trade going back to biblical times. Sharm is mainly a rich, Red Sea, resort town on the southern part of the Sinai. We were disappointed that the port call for Luxor was canceled, but we did enjoy our day in Sharm.

The Suez Canal transit was the most interesting sea day that I've experienced. This was a real treat.

And of the course the Pyramids did not disappoint - they were spectacular.

It will take me a couple of weeks to compose the videos from this trip. I will upload them as soon as possible.

The Brilliance of the Seas sails from Barcelona to Dubai in January 2010. I highly recommend this trip. It also includes a stop at the port for Petra, Jordon.

Thanks again for you comments and stay tuned for more videos. I will post a note on this thread when the videos from the Middle East have been uploaded to youtube.

Ron

Thanks, I can't wait to see the videos. We would love to do the Jan. trip but I'm a teacher and we can't get away in January. Perhaps some day when I retire...

The first installment of my Middle East videos has been uploaded to Youtube. The first episode highlights some the more interesting tourist spots in city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. These include: Dhow and Abra stations along Dubai Creek; the Gold Souq; Spice Souq; Palm Island; Burj Al Arab and Atlantis Hotels; Mall of Emirates and Ski Dubai; and a Desert Dune Bashing Safari.

To view this video click on the link below or go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – cruzertoo – into the search box. This will bring up the entire list of videos that I have uploaded.

Enjoy,

Ron

The first installment of my Middle East videos has been uploaded to Youtube. The first episode highlights some the more interesting tourist spots in city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. These include: Dhow and Abra stations along Dubai Creek; the Gold Souq; Spice Souq; Palm Island; Burj Al Arab and Atlantis Hotels; Mall of Emirates and Ski Dubai; and a Desert Dune Bashing Safari.

To view this video click on the link below or go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – cruzertoo – into the search box. This will bring up the entire list of videos that I have uploaded.

Enjoy,

Ron

Amazing! Love the ski pictures!! There is so much to see in this world...so little time...

We just completed a northbound transit of the Suez Canal from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea on the Royal Caribbean, Legend of the Seas. This was a really unique adventure. Go to www.youtube.com and type my user name - CruzerToo - into the search box to see a video of our adventure just click on the link below:

Enjoy,

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

videos are Very impressive .. This is really useful information for the planning of excursions..

James,

Thanks very much for the nice comments. I'm happy my video are serving the purpose for which they were intended. I believe that a picture is worth a thousand words and actually seeing some of the sights is so much better than any description that anyone could possibility write. I would have liked to have had this information before we visited many of these sights to guide my shore excursion decisions.

Happy Cruising,

We have recently returned from a magnificent cruise from Dubai to Rome. A video of the shore excursion from the port of Alexandria has been posted to youtube. The Royal Caribbean shore excursion included a visit to the Pyramids of Giza, the Mosque of Mohammad Ali, and a Nile River luncheon cruise.

Click on the link below to enjoy this video:

I just visited your youtube page and quickly looked at two of the videos. Nha Trang and Rhodes/Santorini.

The Vietnam you filmed is not the Vietnam I knew 40 years ago (thank God!) with the exception of the people, especially the kids. I so dearly remember those beautiful little children.

And then Santorini . . . . . . . ahhhhhhh. We were on a land vacation there in 2003. What a spectacularly beautiful island.

Thanks for the memories.

Oh, why am I in trouble. The wife already accuses me of spending too much time on the computer . . . . . you have dozens upon dozens of videos to view . . . . take it from there. :D

I just visited your youtube page and quickly looked at two of the videos. Nha Trang and Rhodes/Santorini.

The Vietnam you filmed is not the Vietnam I knew 40 years ago (thank God!) with the exception of the people, especially the kids. I so dearly remember those beautiful little children.

And then Santorini . . . . . . . ahhhhhhh. We were on a land vacation there in 2003. What a spectacularly beautiful island.

Thanks for the memories.

Oh, why am I in trouble. The wife already accuses me of spending too much time on the computer . . . . . you have dozens upon dozens of videos to view . . . . take it from there. :D

Doctor John,

Thanks for the note and your nice comments regarding the videos.

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the Vietnam pictures. I can't possibility imagine the HELL you went through in Vietnam and I want to personally thank you SO much for your service to our country. The Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC was a long time in coming, but it is now one of the most somber and beautiful memorials in our nations capital.

You are right about the children with their big dark eyes being really precious. I know what you mean about the wives - mine thinks the computer is my life. Maybe see is right.

Thanks again and all the best.

Happy Travels,

Ron

Very ROMANtic. Nice music. Thanks for sharing. We are going there next month.

Sjc,

Thanks for the nice comments on the video. Have a wonderful time in the "eternal city" and enjoy a Gelato for me.

Ciao,

A Romantic Walk in Rome has been post on Youtube. Click on the link below to take this walk.

Thank you so very much, we were there two years ago for our 50th anniversary. Your travel video brought so many great memories back to us to remember and enjoy!:)

Morty & Dorothy

Boynton Beach, FL

We have recently returned from a magnificent cruise from Dubai to Rome. A video of the shore excursion from the port of Alexandria has been posted to youtube. The Royal Caribbean shore excursion included a visit to the Pyramids of Giza, the Mosque of Mohammad Ali, and a Nile River luncheon cruise.

Click on the link below to enjoy this video:

Great video. what software did you use to create it?

Great video. what software did you use to create it?

Thanks for the nice compliments. I used Ulead VideoStudio 11 (www.ulead.com) to create all of the videos on my Youtube channel. Ulead, a subsidiary of Corel Corporation, is a Taiwanese computer software company. The program has been upgraded several times and the latest version is called VideoStudio Pro X2. It is a very versatile program that is easy to learn and to use. I was a rank amateur when I first started using Video Studio. They make another product called DVD Movie Factory 6 that sounds very similar, but I am not familiar with this product.

Many thanks to all who have taken the time to comment on my youtube travel videos. I have received many wonderful comments including one from a Cruise Critic member who owns a travel agency. Here are just a couple of examples of the comments that I’ve recently received.

Thanks for sharing your youtube videos. I thoroughly enjoyed them. You did a fabulous job, I have to show my son your work, he went to Film school ($65,000 later) he doesn't do as good a job as you. So thank you. Didn't see them all, but if I get bored I will tune into your videos instead of the travel channel.

Donna

Thanks so much for the link -- we have just spent an hour watching some of your vids (some more than once). Didn't get to look at those for this cruise but rather spent time reliving past visits. After awhile, need something like these to recall that we even enjoyed things more than we remembered. Thanks again!!! I shall return!!!

Paul

Thus far, these videos have been viewed by almost 40,000 people since they were originally posted this past February.

Thanks again to those that have taken the time to watch and to comment on my videos.

Fellow Cruise Critic Members:

I have produced over seventy videos using digital photographs from my travels in Central America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Australia and the South Pacific.

Northern European excursions include the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Iceland.

The photographs were edited using Ulead Video Studio 11 – a program that allows the user to add motion to still photographs; captions and titles; and a sound track to create a motion picture effect.

If you are interested in viewing any of these videos go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – CruzerToo – in the search box.

In the lower right hand portion of the screen is a link that allows you to select to view in high quality. Clicking on this link greatly enhances the quality of the picture. In addition, in the lower left hand portion of the viewing screen, registered users of YouTube (it’s free) can rate the quality/content of the videos.

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Great videos!! They are very interesting to look at. I have also used Ulead Video studio and generally it works great but occasionally it hangs up my computer but it is lots of fun to make the videos and a great way to show friends and family where you have been. Being able to add music and motion makes the videos much more interesting. You are very creative a nd your videos on youTube ate fantastic!

I have produced over seventy videos using digital photographs from my travels in Central America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Australia and the South Pacific.

Northern European excursions include the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Iceland.

The photographs were edited using Ulead Video Studio 11 – a program that allows the user to add motion to still photographs; captions and titles; and a sound track to create a motion picture effect.

If you are interested in viewing any of these videos go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – CruzerToo – in the search box.

In the lower right hand portion of the screen is a link that allows you to select to view in high quality. Clicking on this link greatly enhances the quality of the picture. In addition, in the lower left hand portion of the viewing screen, registered users of YouTube (it’s free) can rate the quality/content of the videos.

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

I must be a nimcompoop because I can't figure YouTube out. I want to see your videos but am unable to find where to put "user name". In the search box I pull up all kinds of stuff but I'd like to narrow it down. Can you help?

Gail

I must be a nimcompoop because I can't figure YouTube out. I want to see your videos but am unable to find where to put "user name". In the search box I pull up all kinds of stuff but I'd like to narrow it down. Can you help?

Gail

Hi Gail,

Type "CruzerToo" in the search box and it will bring up the entire list of videos on my youtube channel.

Enjoy,

Ron

Just found your link and love all your videos. We are sailing on the Ruby Princess Sep. 13 and would love to have you post your link on our roll call..(I found you on the Sep. 25 roll call;) It always pays to be well educated prior to traveling don't you think? Happy journeys and keep up the great work.Chris

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Thankyou Ron.

This was really great to watch ... all of them : )

I caught your message on the Mediteranean/Italy board.

I'm going on the Carnival Dream, leaving Oct. 3/09.

I've made presentations like that too but usually for weddings

and other occasions. I'm looking forward to doing it with my

pictures when I get back. It will be like taking the trip all

over again. You did a wonderful job and I enjoyed them very much.

Thankyou for sharing : ) I'm really excited : ))

Wishing you many more happy trails.

Thankyou Ron.

This was really great to watch ... all of them : )

I caught your message on the Mediteranean/Italy board.

I'm going on the Carnival Dream, leaving Oct. 3/09.

I've made presentations like that too but usually for weddings

and other occasions. I'm looking forward to doing it with my

pictures when I get back. It will be like taking the trip all

over again. You did a wonderful job and I enjoyed them very much.

Thankyou for sharing : ) I'm really excited : ))

Wishing you many more happy trails.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your wonderful comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos.

I have recently uploaded Baltic Sea Treasures to my Youtube Channel. This video shows highlights of the shore excursions on our Baltic Sea cruise in 2004 and includes pictures from Copenhagen, Denmark; Stockholm and Visby, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; and Oslo, Norway. To view the video go to www. youtube.com and type my user name – CruzerToo – in the search box or click on the following link:

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Thank you so much for sharing. What beautiful videos. I can't imagine how much work went into them. I love your music choices as well.

Julie.