St. John Eco -Hike and Beach tour

jocan

My husband and I did the tour last June and both enjoyed it. The snorkling wasn't great, but I thought the tidepools were interesting (and a nice photo op there), and the kayaking was fun, nice scenery. I'm not sure it would be good for young children, there are no facilities once you start. Occasionally the guides would stop and have a nature talk. Take a waterproof camera, or you can buy the dvd of your trip from the guides for $40. I regret not buying it, as my camera malfunctioned and we only got 3 pictures:( It was a nice afternoon in nature away from the crowds, tho.

On our Jan. cruise on Emerald Princess we did the St. John Eco Hike.

We took a very rough ride on a ferry type boat over to St. John and met up with our guide Scott. The hike was nice and informative, but I felt for $84 we should possibly have had water supplied and a snack.

Honeymoon Beach was beautiful, which is where the hike led to, and my husband found a little area where snorkeling was pretty good.

We had an hour at the beach and then walked a bit more to a resort area which is where we thought our botanical tour would be, but that did not happen, and we immediately caught a cab back to the ferry for a calmer ride back.

We had fun, but of all the tours this was our least favorite.

I felt the tour description was not the tour we had. There was no DVD made of our Eco Hike. Possibly because only about 10 people total were on it.

I would not recommend this excursion! Way over priced!

My husband and I did the tour last June and both enjoyed it.* The snorkling wasn't great, but I thought the tidepools were interesting (and a nice photo op there), and the kayaking was fun, nice scenery. I'm not sure it would be good for young children, there are no facilities once you start. Occasionally the guides would stop and have a nature talk. Take a waterproof camera, or you can buy the dvd of your trip from the guides for $40. I regret not buying it, as my camera malfunctioned and we only got 3 pictures:( It was a nice afternoon in nature away from the crowds, tho.
...this tour was on St. Thomas, not St. John. Sorry about that!

Archived