What Train do i take

My TA told me to take a train from the docks to london.. so ive been looking at

all these train sites and im getting really confused as to what to do.

My HAL cruise line arrives at harwich at 7 AM. Now I guess i need to know

how long does it take to get off the ship and how far is the train station

I've been told to stay around the victoria train statoin which is fine.. but not sure how to

accomplish that..

any suggestions would be great!

icon_confused.gif

jeff

Hi Jeff,

The train station at Harwich is just a short walk,however trains from Harwich arrive in London at London Liverpool Street and not London Victoria(trains from Dover arrive at London Victoria),so somewhere like the Tower Thistle Hotel may be a good choice to stay. Go to WWW.nationalrail.co.uk for journey planning on all UK train companies.

Mike

I think that the train company is planning to operate special trains this summer to meet cruise ships arriving at Harwich. The trains will go straight to London Liverpool Street station. Unfortunately, the franchise has changed hands and there's a new website up so I can't find the details immediately. What's the date of your arrival in Harwich?

Thanks for the info everyone! Well it looks like it leaves at 930 AM. Man I hope i can get off the boat by then because we hit the port at 7 AM. How long does it take to get off the boat and get your luggage. Sorry for all the questions..

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffpcox:

Well it looks like it leaves at 930 AM. Man I hope i can get off the boat by then because we hit the port at 7 AM. How long does it take to get off the boat and get your luggage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The ship will try to organise disembarkation to fit in with everyone's arrangements. When they do this towards the end of the cruise, make sure they know that you are getting the special train. As the train's been laid on specially for the ship, you'll be far from the only person to be needing to catch it.

As for the hotel question, which I'd overlooked before, why has the Victoria area been recommended to you? Are you flying out of one of the London airports after your stay? If so, which one? Victoria would be convenient for catching the train to Gatwick airport, so would still make some sense even though your train from the ship will go to Liverpool Street. But if you're flying from Heathrow or another airport, there may be better ideas.

Archived