Triumph Upper Deck Extended Balcony ??

KittyKat4

We recently booked an extended balcony on the Triumph, Cabin #6424. This is an aft cabin near a stairway. Looking at the deck plan it looks like the room is "L" shaped and slightly larger than other balcony cabins.

Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin like this and what are the pros/cons? We're also concerned because we are above the Club Rio and are worried about noise. How is this type of cabin for someone who might experience a little vertigo/sea-sickness?

This will be our first trip on Carnival (5 day to Canada in June). Our only other experience with cruising is a CTN on NCL.

Thanks for any input.

We recently booked an extended balcony on the Triumph, Cabin #6424. This is an aft cabin near a stairway. Looking at the deck plan it looks like the room is "L" shaped and slightly larger than other balcony cabins.

Has anyone ever stayed in a cabin like this and what are the pros/cons? We're also concerned because we are above the Club Rio and are worried about noise. How is this type of cabin for someone who might experience a little vertigo/sea-sickness?

This will be our first trip on Carnival (5 day to Canada in June). Our only other experience with cruising is a CTN on NCL.

Thanks for any input.

My husband and I had this cabin last February and would defintly book it again, the bed is only a queen but that is what we sleep in at home. There is more room in these cabins due to the layout, it also had a small couch and an extra closet near the balcony doors. We heard no noise from the stairway next to it, since it is only used for muster drill and by the crew or from the club below. We did not notice any problems with movement either, hubby has a queezy stomach and he had no problems. The opposite wall from the sofa, where the extra closet is, is also where the bathroom is located sorry no pic of that.

These cabins book fast. Would we book this cabin again YES IN A HEARTBEAT!! here is a link to pictures of it click on the pic and it wil take you to more pictures. AT one time we had 13 people on the balcony :D Dont worry the guy in the closet didnt come with the room, he did go home with his parents lol that is the extra closet near the balcony door, we used it to store our luggage in.

2794742200097654989S425x425Q85.jpg

We had a similarly-shaped cabin on the Destiny in 2005 (but it might not be exactly the same as the cabin you're referring to on the Triumph). To us, the cabin did not seem as spacious as a regular balcony cabin. It just didn't seem to have as much open floor space. , but the balcony is definitely longer. I think the only thing I found with our particular cabin that I did not like was that instead of the bathroom being right inside the cabin, we had to walk down the "hall" in the cabin to the windows, turn right, and walk past the bed to get to the bathroom.

(After looking at hockeyluver's pics, our cabin was set up differently. Looks like the head of their bed was against the balcony wall so to speak, where the foot of our bed was parallel to the balcony so if we sat up in bed and looked straight ahead we were looking out the window onto the balcony.)

Would we book it intentionally again? Probably not if there was a significant cost difference. It was nice to experience a different cabin set-up however.

Hockeyluver,

DH and I just viewed your photos of Cabin 6424. We are thrilled that someone had pictures of the actual cabin we booked. Thank you sooooo much for sharing! I can't believe the size of the balcony. Our only experience is a regular balcony on NCL which was nice but small. There would be no way to get 13 people on it. :)

Thanks for the info regarding the stairs, closets, etc. This is the kind of info that a TA just doesn't have. We got a great deal on this cabin and the extended balcony is what sold us. I think we picked a good room.

We're new to Carnival.......do you have any other useful information regarding the Triumph? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks, again, for sharing your photos!!!

Archived