Price drop and groups

funtimex2

I am booked with a TA in a group - not a true group because there are only 6 cabins booked - and the price drops on the RCCL website - I am supposes to be able to get that price drop? The reason I am asking is I noticed that an oceanview was only $10 more than an inside on our sail date. I notified the TA and asked her to switch all of us to an OV if there was only a $10 difference. She said she called group reservations at RCCL and they was told that it was not available for groups....:confused: Can anyone shed some insight on this.

Also if you are a stockholder with RCCL can I get the stock OBC or has that been axed.

if you are part of a group you are probably getting some sort of discounted rate, or possibly a free berth..(1 free berth for each 8 double occupancy cabins......)

Thus...since you are already getting a "special" rate, you can't get the price drop since you are technically part of a group....(if that makes sense...it makes sense to me in my brain....:confused::D)

if you are part of a group you are probably getting some sort of discounted rate, or possibly a free berth..(1 free berth for each 8 double occupancy cabins......)

Thus...since you are already getting a "special" rate, you can't get the price drop since you are technically part of a group....(if that makes sense...it makes sense to me in my brain....:confused::D)

Not correct at all..... Even if in a "Group Booking" TA's can get the fares lowered as long as the new lower fare does not have the "For New Bookings Only" language in it. Even if in a group, each stateroom will have an individual reservation ID.

Being a retired TA, I know it can be done w/out a problem... the question is, will the TA' be willing to lose the comission by adjusting the fares to the lower rates ?

Travelntreats Thanks, that is what I was thinking from what I have read on here. I am going to email the TA and ask her to try it again..... and I am going to do my research and see how many cabins are available at that rate.

megr - we are getting no "free" berth as stated in OP we are only a group of 6 cabins not 8

Not correct at all..... Even if in a "Group Booking" TA's can get the fares lowered as long as the new lower fare does not have the "For New Bookings Only" language in it. Even if in a group, each stateroom will have an individual reservation ID.

Being a retired TA, I know it can be done w/out a problem... the question is, will the TA' be willing to lose the comission by adjusting the fares to the lower rates ?

That is not entirely true either. If you are looking at guarantee OV then no, you can't be moved. If there were no cabins in your original group booking in the category you are now looking at, you also cannot get the change.

I've pulled people out of groups before (with their blessing) to get them a much bigger discount than had they stayed within the group and just gone for th amenities.

I would definitely call your travel agent and ask/push for the reduction in rate. I am booked on the FOS, and my suite rate went down (more then $600) and I was able to get a refund.

I also got a refund on my 2nd cabin - D1 cabin - for just over $300.

GOOD LUCK!

We are in a cat. N which is an inside... when I looked at the outside oceanview (not oceanview guarantee) cat. I it is $10 more and that is what I would like to be exchanged to.

Then just ask your TA to pull you out of your group. She can do that but you would not receive the GAP gifts. If it's an OBC for your GAP points (if you have GAP points) then you have to decide which value is more inportant to you. If you have no GAP amenities then just tell her to pull you out of the group.

I would definitely call your travel agent and ask/push for the reduction in rate. I am booked on the FOS, and my suite rate went down (more then $600) and I was able to get a refund.

I also got a refund on my 2nd cabin - D1 cabin - for just over $300.

GOOD LUCK!

This isn't the same thing. She is looking at a different category.

I am booked with a TA in a group - not a true group because there are only 6 cabins booked - and the price drops on the RCCL website - I am supposes to be able to get that price drop? The reason I am asking is I noticed that an oceanview was only $10 more than an inside on our sail date. I notified the TA and asked her to switch all of us to an OV if there was only a $10 difference. She said she called group reservations at RCCL and they was told that it was not available for groups....:confused: Can anyone shed some insight on this.

Also if you are a stockholder with RCCL can I get the stock OBC or has that been axed.

What type of cabin do you have. Do you have the NC res special or senior special they have both on the May 4 Freedom if that is what you are booked on.

We are in a cat. N which is an inside... when I looked at the outside oceanview (not oceanview guarantee) cat. I it is $10 more and that is what I would like to be exchanged to.

We are booked on the Radiance for September 4, 2009

Just thought to share my experience. I too am part of a "group" - six D1 cabins sailing IOS March 7th. We booked this cruise March 2008 with a travel agent and have enjoyed a couple of price drops - too which all six cabins had the benefit. I would push your TA for another go at it. The only caveat would be if the lower price is for "new bookings only" (as another poster has already stated.)

Good luck! :)

Archived