I have Questions about booking inside guarantee?

dixie54

1. Have you ever been assigned a cabin # and then they changed it prior to sailing? Or once they assign it, that is the cabon you keep?

2. On a Voyager class ship would you prefer your inside cabin to be in the 7200's or the 7400's

Thanks for any info and advice!

What they give is what you get, you can't be picky with a GTY. Ours have usually been assigned shortly after booking. After assignment our cabin has stayed the same with only one exception. On a Voyager class ship, I would prefer midship however with a GTY you don't get that choice.

I was changed from my initial assigment; and luckily enough it was an upgrade.

On AOS I booked an inside GTY and was later assigned an Oceanview stateroom. When I checked my reservation a couple weeks later the assignment had been changed to a Balcony! Of course most of the time people do not luck out like this with GTY's, but there is a small chance of your stateroom being changed after the initial assignment.

I can only give you my experience. We have always booked gty's when they are available in the category we want and we have "usually" been upgraded to a higher category. For example, we are currently booked on the Explorer. We booked a D-2 balcony and were assigned to a forward JS. I am very happy as it would have cost big $$$ to pay for a JS on this sailing. Our cabin is forward, but I would do it again.

On the same cruise, we booked our two adult kids in an "N" gty and they were upgraded to a Cat "H" outside handicapped cabin, very midship. However, we are on deck 9 and they are I believe on deck 2. No problem for us, but everyone has different needs...

I always take the gamble! ;)

We always get an inside guarantee and it really is a crap shoot. We've gotten everything from a standard inside on the lowest deck to a "deluxe" inside on an upper deck and once were bumped to a balcony. It's always interesting to see what you'll get. Just be sure to guarantee whatever you know you will be satisfied with in the likely event you don't get an upgrade. DH and I are fairly low maintenance and just need a place to sleep and bathe so we're OK with whatever. Happy Cruising!

Archived