Help! Beach ceremony in afternoon...

Cruisintink

Ok I need help. Anyone out there have or planning to have a beach ceremony in the afternoon? Seems like the planners recommend mornings and we have to have it later like around 3 or 3:30. Would love Magen's but worried about the crowds... don't expect the beach to be deserted but don't want it to be body-to-body either. Considering Magen's, Lindberg, Lindquist, or Bluebeards (if they allow them on Tuesdays). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you planning on getting married during a cruise? If so, earlier in the day is probably better. We were married while in port in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and our ship was set to leave at 5 p.m. We all had to be back to the ship by 4 p.m. which meant finding a taxi around 3:30. Our ceremony was suppose to begin at 1 p.m. but due to unforeseen circumstances it was pushed back to 1:45 p.m. We were super rushed after the ceremony to have cake, champagne, and take pictures.

We are planning a vow renewal ceremony. I had it planned and booked 11 months ago but thanks to Carnival dry-docking our ship we had to pick a new date (Nov. now) and the wedding planner I booked already has a ceremony for the AM so that leaves us the afternoon. Whew, long story! We so love Magen's Bay but know the morning there would have been better. Don't know what/where to have it in the afternoon. Do we go ahead and have it at Magen's where we really wanted it or someplace else?

I am getting married at Bluebeard's in 8 weeks, and on a Tuesday. Initially I had to book the ceremony for Secret harbour because my WC told me that Carnival "blacks out" all Tuesdays and you can only get married at Bluebeard's on a Tuesday if you use Carnival's WCs. Luckily, after the first year of our planning process my WC was able to book Bluebeard's for us. I like it there because I like the grassy area with the palm trees for the ceremony itself, versus sand. As far as Magen's goes, my WC recommended that we stay away from there as it is very crowded, particularly on Tuesdays (apparently that tends to be busy cruiseship day there). I know when we are docked there there are a total of 4 major cruiseships docked there at the same time, and many of those folks go to Magen's. I knwo someone who got married at Lindquist and she said it was very private and her pics were beautiful! Good Luck!

I am getting married at Bluebeard's in 8 weeks, and on a Tuesday. Initially I had to book the ceremony for Secret harbour because my WC told me that Carnival "blacks out" all Tuesdays and you can only get married at Bluebeard's on a Tuesday if you use Carnival's WCs. Luckily, after the first year of our planning process my WC was able to book Bluebeard's for us. I like it there because I like the grassy area with the palm trees for the ceremony itself, versus sand. As far as Magen's goes, my WC recommended that we stay away from there as it is very crowded, particularly on Tuesdays (apparently that tends to be busy cruiseship day there). I know when we are docked there there are a total of 4 major cruiseships docked there at the same time, and many of those folks go to Magen's. I knwo someone who got married at Lindquist and she said it was very private and her pics were beautiful! Good Luck!

Esbie11, may I ask who is your WC? I've been told that Bluebeard's has some beach party on Tuesdays so weddings were out...maybe that changed in 2009. I have an email in to my WC about it already. Thanks for the help. Good luck on your day!! Will watch for a review and pics.

My WC is Leslie from Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. We began working with her in the Summer of 2007, and at that time she told us that we couldn't do Bluebeard's because of Carnival's "blackout" on Tuesdays. However she continued to check into for us periodically, and about 8 months ago she told us that it did become available, so we changed our plans to Bluebeard's. Sorry, but I don't know how or why it became available for us:confused: What WC are you working with? There are many that have great reputations in St. Thomas (thankfully).

My WC is Leslie from Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. We began working with her in the Summer of 2007, and at that time she told us that we couldn't do Bluebeard's because of Carnival's "blackout" on Tuesdays. However she continued to check into for us periodically, and about 8 months ago she told us that it did become available, so we changed our plans to Bluebeard's. Sorry, but I don't know how or why it became available for us:confused: What WC are you working with? There are many that have great reputations in St. Thomas (thankfully).

Hey Esbie, what time of day are you getting married? My WC is Janelle of Island Bliss and she is going to check into Bluebeard's for us. She has been great. Thanks.

The ceremony is at 11am. (the ship docks at 8am). The ceremony will be about 20 minutes long, followed by pictures until noon, then from 12-2 we are having a luncheon reception at the open-air restaurant on-site. We can stay there as long as we want, it is just that after 2pm, our WC leaves and we are pretty much on our own at that point. We have to be back on the ship at 4:30, so I am not sure yet what we'll do between 2 and 4:30. We may hang out at Bluebeards or we may just head back to the ship (and nap!:D) before dinner.

Edited by esbie11

Hey

I would say, figure out what you want in a beach before you choose. I chose Lindquist because it's almost deserted. I wanted that feel like the whole beach was mine for my wedding lol:o. But I also had to give up the idea of having my beach on a grassy area facing a beach because this is not doable at Lindquist.

Question: Is Bluebeard's and Limetree the same beach because I was told that Carnival has a beach party on Limetree beach on Tuesdays as well. They're just taking over all the beaches :rolleyes: lol.

Hey

I would say, figure out what you want in a beach before you choose. I chose Lindquist because it's almost deserted. I wanted that feel like the whole beach was mine for my wedding lol:o. But I also had to give up the idea of having my beach on a grassy area facing a beach because this is not doable at Lindquist.

Question: Is Bluebeard's and Limetree the same beach because I was told that Carnival has a beach party on Limetree beach on Tuesdays as well. They're just taking over all the beaches :rolleyes: lol.

Yes Limetree is the same as Bluebeards. I just looked at a Port Timetable and on the particular Tuesday that we will be there, there is only 1 Carnival cruiseship docked there that day, whereas when I looked at the following Tuesday, there are 3 Carnival ships docked...so maybe I was allowed to have my wedding there since there is only one ship docked as opposed to the usual 3? I will email my WC and see what she says. All I know is that when I originally booked my wedding in the Spring of 2007, she told me that I could not have it there because Carnival "blacks out" that beach on Tuesdays, but she told me that that may change and my date may become available as the wedding gets closer. Then, in the Spring of 2008 she contacted me to tell me it was available for my day, but didn't say why. I am curious myself though, so I will ask and let you ladies know:)

Ok, so I just heard back from my WC. She told me that there may be other weddings there after mine (we are there from 11am-2pm), but that there are no other beach parties/events there that day. So I guess we may have just hit a lucky Tuesday:D As I said in my last post, it seems as though there is usually more than one Carnival ship docked there on Tuesdays, but for whatever reason on my day there is only one, and, apparently, they have nothing going on at Bluebeards that day. Phew!

Well, thanks Esbie for all the info. Enjoy your lucky Tuesday and good luck on it all! I know it will all be wonderful for you.

Thanks to Fungirl and Prettyhazardous for the advise too. We chose Lindquist but have another option we are considering...so who knows!

We are getting married Tuesday in Cozumel at Playa Uvas Beach Resort... Our wedding is schedule for 11am and should have no problems... Our WC is Fiona Lomax with Something Special... Everything has been totally taken care of and we cant wait... Good luck with planning

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter was married at Lindquist Beach this past Jan. She was married at 2:00 and the ship left at 6:00. It was a Tues. and was not crowded. Her wedding planner was Janelle. Janelle and Stewart were awesome. We had booked Sunny Liston to get us to the beach. Awesome also. Have fun!

If you get married in the afternoon in St. T, remember that they do not observe daylight savings. Most ships stay on Eastern Time throughout the cruise which means the time is an hour different in November. We were married at sunset (which is quite early in November in St. T). We had to make sure we timed everything to get all of us back to the ship in time.

• 2 weeks later...
We are getting married Tuesday in Cozumel at Playa Uvas Beach Resort... Our wedding is schedule for 11am and should have no problems... Our WC is Fiona Lomax with Something Special... Everything has been totally taken care of and we cant wait... Good luck with planning

Hi, I was just wondering how the wedding went? I am actually planning my wedding in July in Cozumel and was also having Fiona Lomax as our wedding planner. I was hoping to get some feedback from people aside from the testimonials she lists on her webpage. Thanks.

Hey Chenoa Are you having a reception? We plan to do so but can't find a place to accommodate the group. How many ppl do you have in your group?

Is anyone else having a reception in St Thomas. We want an open air rest too but the wedding is on Lindquist beach so there's nothing close by. We are also being transported by Sunny Liston. We'll have a full Island tour in between the wedding and reception, so we're not really stuck in the area of Lindquist Beach. Any ideas would be helpful.

Hey Chenoa Are you having a reception? We plan to do so but can't find a place to accommodate the group. How many ppl do you have in your group?

Is anyone else having a reception in St Thomas. We want an open air rest too but the wedding is on Lindquist beach so there's nothing close by. We are also being transported by Sunny Liston. We'll have a full Island tour in between the wedding and reception, so we're not really stuck in the area of Lindquist Beach. Any ideas would be helpful.

Hey Ashley,

We have a MUCH smaller group than you...only 10 of us with the possibility of a couple more. We are just having the beach ceremony with champagne and cake following and pics of course. We do plan to do an island tour and are also looking at Sunny Liston but have not booked it yet. Have you looked into Oceana Restaurant for the reception? If you haven't already checked into them, Janelle has photos in her shutterfly link. It's on the beach, open air, and they say they can acommodate large groups. Good luck and let me know what you end up doing!

Chenoa

• 9 years later...