Ship Bus Shuttle in Med Ports?

chrismch

Dear Terri:

Can you tell me where the bus let you off in Florence and where you had to go to get it to return to the ship--and about how much time you had there on your own?

I'm not Terri, but our transfer bus dropped us at Piazza Piave, two long blocks east of Santa Croce church - intersection of Lungarno Della Zecca Vecchia and Viale Della Giovine Italia. As best as I recall, we got there around 9:30a and gathered in the Piazza Santa Croce for the return trip about 4:00p.

I'm not Terri, but our transfer bus dropped us at Piazza Piave, two long blocks east of Santa Croce church - intersection of Lungarno Della Zecca Vecchia and Viale Della Giovine Italia. As best as I recall, we got there around 9:30a and gathered in the Piazza Santa Croce for the return trip about 4:00p.

Thanks so much for this helpful advice!!

Gratefully,

Mary-Lou

Went to katakolon on zuiderdam in sept and the re is a small main street of shops to walk down to the railway station that takes you to Olymmpus.No need for a shuttle.

monte carlo is tender in if there is another ship in port as happened to us, we berthed in the afternoon when the other ship left. The dock is right in the harbour across from the tunnels you see on the grand prix.

Its walkable but very hot around the harbour into town

Dear Terri:

Can you tell me where the bus let you off in Florence and where you had to go to get it to return to the ship--and about how much time you had there on your own? We dock at 7 am and depart at 8 pm, so I'm hoping we'll have time to enjoy Florence again next week when we use HAL's transfer from our port stop at Livorno.

THANKS for any info,

Mary-Lou

The bus left us off about 5 minutes away from the Santa Croce church. The guide on the bus walked us all over to Santa Croce and showed us where to wait for her. She then walked us all back to the bus. If I remember correctly, we left Florence about 4 pm in plenty of time to get back to the port. It is a long ride but a very comfortable bus. It took almost 1 1/2 hours each way.

I am glad we did it that way. It saved a lot of time.

Santa Croce is near all the attractions. Everything was in walking distance in Florence. Our only problem was that we were there on a Monday and all the museums were closed. We had a great day there anyway.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Don't miss Santa Croce itself as the tombs of Galileo Gallilei and Machiavelli and the tomb of Michaelangelo Buonarotti are inside to name just a few as its Italys equivalent of westminster cathedral with notables being interred there.

Archived