Bernard Tours ?

hopelea

I sent Bernard Tours an email Sunday & Today, Monday to see if he had any openings for our upcoming trip......how long does it usually take for him to respond?

We are sailing in 18 days. If he has room, I need to cancel my DCL excursion, quickly!!!

Would you keep emailing him??

I sent Bernard Tours an email Sunday & Today, Monday to see if he had any openings for our upcoming trip......how long does it usually take for him to respond?

We are sailing in 18 days. If he has room, I need to cancel my DCL excursion, quickly!!!

he usually responds by the end of the business day. try sending it again & if you have any signatures on your e-mail reomve them on the e-mail. Maybe it's sending them into a spam folder

Bernard is off Island till Tuesday.............He left Sunday morning. I'm sure he will reply to you Tuesday evening/Weds morning.

I am in touch with him via email and know he would be away then. He usually answers his emails at night.

I'm sure he will do all he can to accomodate you and you will love his tour!! We loved it back and April and have still stayed in contact!!

Hang in there.....he will reply!

I recieved an email confirmation from Bernard's Tours!! It says that he will meet us at the Yellow building (information Center)......Okay I was just there in November but cant remember a yellow information building.....some one help me....where is it. I remember the water taxi on the left as you walked into that shopping area.......but after that, I am blank!! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
I recieved an email confirmation from Bernard's Tours!! It says that he will meet us at the Yellow building (information Center)......Okay I was just there in November but cant remember a yellow information building.....some one help me....where is it. I remember the water taxi on the left as you walked into that shopping area.......but after that, I am blank!! :rolleyes:

Hi,

The yellow building is at the end of the pier. You can't miss it. Someone will be there with a sign & the name of the people in the group you are going with. We did this last April with his right hand man John. Bernard took ill & contacted him mid tour to speak to our leader to make sure we were all happy. It was a FANTASTIC Day. You will be served all the cold drinks you want during the entire tour. Everything from water, soda, beer & of course a rum punch. If you want something else that too would be bought. You made a GREAT decision booking with Bernard.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Our party of nine had John too (Bernard's right hand man) it

was a memorable tour. We had our own van with John.

Bernard drove the big bus type van with lots of cruise passengers.

You really cant miss them at the pier. They are right by the St.

Maartin sign and they are wearing bright YELLOW shirts holding

Bernard's tour signs. John/Bernard make a mean rum punch, so make

sure you try it!! Have fun!!!!

We have a group of 20 going on this tour at the end of April. After reading all the positive posts can't wait to go. One question: How much time was there after the tour to shop.... I have some die hard shoppers in my group. We are starting at 9AM and the ship leaves at 5:00

We have a group of 20 going on this tour at the end of April. After reading all the positive posts can't wait to go. One question: How much time was there after the tour to shop.... I have some die hard shoppers in my group. We are starting at 9AM and the ship leaves at 5:00

When we toured with Bernard the end of March, we did a stop at Rima's, lots of souvenir stuff, and beach coverups, etc. Also, there's a lot of little shops by the pier to shop at when you return from the tour. Front Street would have been interesting, but there just didn't seem to be time to do that with everything else. We did find some guavaberry liquor in the shops near the pier, and plenty of everything at Rima's.

Just decide how much time you want to allow for shopping in Philipsburg and tell your driver to have you back by a certain time. This will guide him for how much time he can allow for your stops like Marigot or Orient Beach. Getting back to the ship from the town of Philipsburg is easy, so once you are back there, no problems. Most of these island tours are advertised to be 4 1/2 - 5 hrs. We got back around 2pm. If it is hot when you are there and you are already tired from the walking with shopping, do not try to walk back to the ship. Take the water taxi. The ship map will show where to go for it.

When we toured with Bernard the end of March, we did a stop at Rima's, lots of souvenir stuff, and beach coverups, etc. Also, there's a lot of little shops by the pier to shop at when you return from the tour. Front Street would have been interesting, but there just didn't seem to be time to do that with everything else. We did find some guavaberry liquor in the shops near the pier, and plenty of everything at Rima's.

We found some of Rima's souvenirs as little as just 1/3rd the price of the other stores. Make sure you stop there first. If you are going with Bernard Tours, they will stop there. BTW, Bernards Tour was excellent. I highly recommend it.

We LOVED Bernards tour in St. Maarten. We arrived from the Carnival Liberty on March 25th. Our driver was JR and he was wonderful. :D We had a group of 32, so we had the entire bus. The Rum Punch, beer, bottled water, pop, and juice were running freely throughout our excursion. The time flew by so fast that we kind of lost track of it, so we did not have enough time to shop in downtown Phillipsburg. Our group was having so much fun at both beaches that we had to give up something, and that was the downtown area. We did have alittle time at the port shops but most everyone did alot of their souvenir shopping at Rima's in the beginning of the trip. If you have your heart set on the great shops downtown, manage your time more wisely then we did. Did I mention the delicious rum punch? Now you understand why we did not care about time!!

Anyway.....do not hesitate to use BERNARDS as he gave us the most memorable day of our entire cruise. THANKS SO MUCH.

Jan from Soleil !;)

Ah yes, that rum punch of Bernards....lots of rum, punch for color :D We really enjoyed his tour, we had plenty of time at Rima's, a good place to get souvenirs, lots of shell necklaces 2/$5, and probably every beach coverup available. We would have liked to see the downtown shopping area, but there are only so many hours in the day. Guess that means another cruise!

We did the Bernard Tour and it was wonderful. I was a little disappointed because we did not get to stop at Rima's. There was one group that was on our tour that was late and we waited for them. That threw us a little off schedule. Other than that, it was all we expected and more. The rum punch is STRONG!!!! and Bernard is very nice and knowledgable.

I can't recommend Bernards enough. We were there on the March 29 sailing of the Solstice. Slim was our driver and a great personality, we met on the pier at 9:00 am and spent the most enjoyable 6 hours we have ever had. We were taken to Rimas's to do some shopping (1/2 hour) and then off we went to the beaches. Slim also stopped at a small beach where a native showed us spiny sea urchin's and other spiny creatures and we all got to hold them and yes they were alive. Then it was off to Orient beach for 2 hours and it is beautiful, the water is clear (i was in up to my neck and could still see my feet) the water was warm and the waves enjoyable. If you walked down the beach you would have seen the nude beach but where we were there was a few topless ladies. From there it was a tour of both sides of the island on our way to Sunset Beach where we were for about 1-1/2 hours, did not go in the water as the main attraction was the planes coming over the beach about 10 feet above your heads and a great little restaurant on the beach where you could eat and drink and watch, they also had a board with a schedule of plane landings so that you could plan your stay, from there he took us back in the direction of the ship and dropped off those who wanted to shop in town and took the rest of us back to the ship about 3:45 pm, he then returned after one hour to pick up the shoppers. All the time the rum punches and beers were flowing freely, there were 22 people on our van and we all had a great time yes it was air conditioned. All this for the price of 35$ per person. Cannot say enough good things about this company.

P.S. I accidentally left my ship towel on the van and I called Slim on his cell phone and he returned to the pier to return it to me so I did not have to wind up paying for it.

I can't recommend Bernards enough. We were there on the March 29 sailing of the Solstice. Slim was our driver and a great personality, we met on the pier at 9:00 am and spent the most enjoyable 6 hours we have ever had. We were taken to Rimas's to do some shopping (1/2 hour) and then off we went to the beaches. Slim also stopped at a small beach where a native showed us spiny sea urchin's and other spiny creatures and we all got to hold them and yes they were alive. Then it was off to Orient beach for 2 hours and it is beautiful, the water is clear (i was in up to my neck and could still see my feet) the water was warm and the waves enjoyable. If you walked down the beach you would have seen the nude beach but where we were there was a few topless ladies. From there it was a tour of both sides of the island on our way to Sunset Beach where we were for about 1-1/2 hours, did not go in the water as the main attraction was the planes coming over the beach about 10 feet above your heads and a great little restaurant on the beach where you could eat and drink and watch, they also had a board with a schedule of plane landings so that you could plan your stay, from there he took us back in the direction of the ship and dropped off those who wanted to shop in town and took the rest of us back to the ship about 3:45 pm, he then returned after one hour to pick up the shoppers. All the time the rum punches and beers were flowing freely, there were 22 people on our van and we all had a great time yes it was air conditioned. All this for the price of 35$ per person. Cannot say enough good things about this company.

P.S. I accidentally left my ship towel on the van and I called Slim on his cell phone and he returned to the pier to return it to me so I did not have to wind up paying for it.

thanks for the info; we're going with Bernard's next week and have been a little anxious and nervous. but i haven't heard anything bad...like getting back late! we are so looking forward to this!

Is there something else that one can do while the others are at Orient beach? We are not really beach people and 2 hours just seems more time than I would want. Is there any type of shopping nearby?

I really chose Bernards tour for the ride to Maho Beach to watch the planes.

Archived