Price decrease

teachones

I first booked my cruise with Princess to get the 2 for 1 captain circle price. Princess then told me to transfer the booking over to my TA. I called my TA and asked if I could get the on board credit that the TA was offering with this cruise. He said yes, but then after I transfered my cruise he said it was a promotion and couldn't do it. Today I got on my TA web and they are offering the 2 for 1 captains circle promotion along with on board credit. I am going to call my TA, but would like some imput on what I should say first in case he refuses to give me the on board credit. If I cancel my cruise with them, I get charged a fee.

I first booked my cruise with Princess to get the 2 for 1 captain circle price. Princess then told me to transfer the booking over to my TA. I called my TA and asked if I could get the on board credit that the TA was offering with this cruise. He said yes, but then after I transfered my cruise he said it was a promotion and couldn't do it. Today I got on my TA web and they are offering the 2 for 1 captains circle promotion along with on board credit. I am going to call my TA, but would like some imput on what I should say first in case he refuses to give me the on board credit. If I cancel my cruise with them, I get charged a fee.

If Princess offered you a better deal, why would you want to transfer your booking to a TA?

Our June Celebrity cruise has dropped $1000 per person since August as well. We check with our TA every month.

Based on comments on this site, I found a price drop on a Celebrity cruise I have booked for June. Called my TA and she adjusted the price. She said at the time, I would not be eligible for any other price drops. Since then, the price has dropped again. I have paid the deposit but not the full amount. Does this sound right? Should I guestion the price when I call to make my final pymt this week?

Our TA has given us 2 price reductions on our June Celebrity cruise so far. But with that said, we have gone from a $250 OBC and paid gratuities, to no gratuities and only $50 OBC. The difference in price is well worth it though. I will keep checking prices and if they go down again, I'll be calling her again and expect that she will again honor the latest price reduction. I would question your TA as to why you can only get one reduction!

TYTY- yes it was RCCL cruisetour #15. I continually check the RC site at least once a week and since booking in Aug. we have had 3 price drops. When I see a drop I immediately call my TA and she gets us the new price and sends a new confirmation. When checking the price I do it like a new booking and click the cuisetour option, find the cruisetour for the date we booked and proceed from there. I was surprised the first time I saw a reduction because I thought the same thing you did...they never reduce a cruisetour, but apparently it happens.

Archived