$19.99 mask/snorkel at Target?

jan6182

Thanks that's a good idea. If we would only get some nice weather around here.

I called Eddie Bauer and they said if I am not completely satisfied with them even after I have tried them I could return them. I bought two other sets for family members. I think I will test one set out just in case it doesn't work out I can return them.

about leisurepro.com.

Their warranties on items may not be honored by the manufacturers.

I do not want to go into specifics regarding what brands, but be especially careful to compare what the brand name offers as a warranty and compare it against what this web site offers.

Bernadette

I have a twin valve shotgun 2 ScubaPro snorkel & mask.

http://www.scubapro.com/americas/english/scubapro-products/snorkels

I decided to go all out and add in scuba optics. since I wear glasses for distance, felt I wanted the same vision underwater....

they are totally amazing!

Can't wait to use them!! on my cruise.

Bernadette

I have bought from LeisurePro several times in the past and have returned items that I did not like. I have never had a problem. I have also bought from diversdirect and have been in their Florida stores. I have always been satisfied with the products they sell.

I second the idea of paying your local dive shop a visit. They will assist you in picking out a suitable mask, snorkel and fins. The other suggestion is to go to a swimming pool and try the equipment out. A leaking mask or one that is too small is no fun. The same for an ill-fitting snorkel. Their are differences just like there are differences in peoples faces. Some faces are round while others are more oval, etc.

If you have never snorkeled before, it is a good idea to use the equipment in a pool first where there are no waves or other impediments. You need to get comfortable with using the equipment and learn how to use it correctly. You can also try it out in the ship's pool (the one without all the kids of course).

I just said to be careful.

Let me see if I can explain.

Regulators need yearly service to maintain the warranty.

If you buy from leisurepro and try to not present a valid ScubaPro dealer proof of purchase, to a dealer, they will not work on your equipment.

No maintainence= no warranty.

There is a notice about this issue. I'll try to remember to copy it if I am in the dive shop tomorrow.

Hence the lifetime warranty goes kaput.

Now this was why I did NOT say never buy from leisure pro cause so many dive items are not large ticket items that you would be worried about a warranty on....

So- be careful!!!!

http://www.scubapro.com/americas/english/product-support/warranty-and-repairs/warranty-information

I hope I explained this correctly.

Bernadette

Some of the kits you buy at Walmart/Kmart etc, are made of plastic. The problem with plastic verses silicone is they do not hold their shape and lose a seal quicker. The best mask out there is the one that fits your face. If it is wrapped, you can usually pop it open to try it on. There is nothing worse than snorkeling with a leaky mask. I believe in the semi-dry snorkels and/or a basic snorkel. When you get into the more complicated ones, you are buying something that can malfuction at one time or another which makes it useless. Hope this helps!

I have a twin valve shotgun 2 ScubaPro snorkel & mask.

http://www.scubapro.com/americas/english/scubapro-products/snorkels

I decided to go all out and add in scuba optics. since I wear glasses for distance, felt I wanted the same vision underwater....

they are totally amazing!

Can't wait to use them!! on my cruise.

Bernadette

The shotgun 2 is IMO the best snorkel on the market. Water drains from it as fast as it comes in. I am just sad that last week in Coz, doing a cenote snorkel, I jumped in and it broke off and sank. I guess I made my sacrifice to the Mayan underworld this trip.

All I can say on the subject is that you get what you pay for. Only advice I can give is that a mask that doesn't fit properly will wreck a trip. I also disagree on dry snorkels. I personally prefer one that is open on top with a good purge valve to help you clear it and nothing that will obstruct your breathing. Good skin diving skills go much farther than equipment.

As for leisurepro, great company, but beware of buying stuff that you may want a warranty for.

Archived