Just off the Dawn- What a great cruise!

DH, DD (10) and I cruised the Dawn last week. I am sitting here in NH watching the snow and thinking about what a great time we had and how fast the week went by. This was our fifth cruise and may have been my favorite so far. I am going to write a review of the cruise later but I wanted to tell anyone who is about to sail this ship that everyone I talked to on the ship was having a great time and hope you do, too!

Barb

Very glad to hear you had a good cruise and am looking forward to reading your review. Is there a chance that you are able to share the dailies? I'm on the Dawn in April and I would like to figure out when to make restaurant reservations so that we don't miss any of the shows. Thanks.

Pat

Very glad to hear you had a good cruise and am looking forward to reading your review. Is there a chance that you are able to share the dailies? I'm on the Dawn in April and I would like to figure out when to make restaurant reservations so that we don't miss any of the shows. Thanks.

Pat

Sorry- I didn't bring the dailies with me.

Barb

Pat

There is a link to the Dailies (and more) from the 2/14/09 sailing of the Dawn in the bottom right of my signature. Enjoy!

Will be looking foreward to your review. Lately I have been reading alot of good things about the Dawn and have come to the conclusion that we just HAVE to book a cruise on her. The poll that is going on now about "your favorite ship" has the Dawn as one of the front runners. I think this will be on my next cruise list really soon.:p

Regarding your comment about how fast the cruise went - maybe it's time to try a longer cruise. For years we only cruised 7 days because that was all the time we could take off. And it was wonderful unpacking on a Saturday and knowing you were in paradise for an entire week! Then, once, we did a repo cruise of 10 days. It was amazing to have 3 whole days on the ship before our 7 day cruise started! Then we upped it to a 14 day repo, then 12 days in the Baltic. Then back to 7 days on the Star - which flew by! While 7 days is wonderful, 14 is heaven! If we ever retire, there is a month long cruise on our list - just not sure what the itinerary is. I'm glad you had a great time!

Regarding your comment about how fast the cruise went - maybe it's time to try a longer cruise. For years we only cruised 7 days because that was all the time we could take off. And it was wonderful unpacking on a Saturday and knowing you were in paradise for an entire week! Then, once, we did a repo cruise of 10 days. It was amazing to have 3 whole days on the ship before our 7 day cruise started! Then we upped it to a 14 day repo, then 12 days in the Baltic. Then back to 7 days on the Star - which flew by! While 7 days is wonderful, 14 is heaven! If we ever retire, there is a month long cruise on our list - just not sure what the itinerary is. I'm glad you had a great time!

I suggested a longer cruise to DH but he says he likes leaving the ship wanting more rather than getting tired of it. Maybe I can clip in a longer cruise sometime to try it out.

Barb

There is a link to the Dailies (and more) from the 2/14/09 sailing of the Dawn in the bottom right of my signature. Enjoy!

Hey Preds!! I am trying to access the dailies for the Dawn in your signature but the webpage will not load without an error. Any suggestions?? I noticed that you were in rooms 10230 and 10730...My family will be in those next month. What can you tell me about them? Do you have any pictures up yet?

Thanks in advance,

KT

Hey Preds!! I am trying to access the dailies for the Dawn in your signature but the webpage will not load without an error. Any suggestions?? I noticed that you were in rooms 10230 and 10730...My family will be in those next month. What can you tell me about them? Do you have any pictures up yet?

Thanks in advance,

KT

Hmm. I'm not sure what to tell you. Others have downloaded today without issues, and the page comes right up for me. Here's a direct link:

http://www.box.net/shared/66opdu5y5k

As for cabins 10230 and 10730, we LOVED them! The interiors are typical balcony cabins (which don't connect unfortunately), however, the outside balconies are HUGE and make all the difference! They're just under 100 sqft each, and our stewards left the dividers open for the week since we had both cabins, giving us nearly 200 sqft of balcony space, and in the end, connected cabins via the balcony. It was awesome! The Stewards (Manuel and Vincent) were excellent, and we ended up tipping them additional since they did such a great job of meeting our requests and whatnot. We saw them all the time and they were always quick to meet our requests. They were by far our favorite cabins ever.

As for pics, I haven't had time to do anything with them yet. They're all sitting on my pc at home! Heck, I haven't even had time to write my review (and I promised it to the Hotel Director Dwen within a week... oops)!

So glad to read all the great reviews of the Dawn. I've read some negative ones and have ignored them! We are sailing March 21/09 - getting closer now! It's our first time, and I'm sure if we like it, we will hopefully take a 9 or 10 day one next year. I'm just afraid of getting "seasick", but I'll take something for that. These boards have provided me with alot of good info. for first timers.

Hmm. I'm not sure what to tell you. Others have downloaded today without issues, and the page comes right up for me. Here's a direct link:

http://www.box.net/shared/66opdu5y5k

As for cabins 10230 and 10730, we LOVED them! The interiors are typical balcony cabins (which don't connect unfortunately), however, the outside balconies are HUGE and make all the difference! They're just under 100 sqft each, and our stewards left the dividers open for the week since we had both cabins, giving us nearly 200 sqft of balcony space, and in the end, connected cabins via the balcony. It was awesome! The Stewards (Manuel and Vincent) were excellent, and we ended up tipping them additional since they did such a great job of meeting our requests and whatnot. We saw them all the time and they were always quick to meet our requests. They were by far our favorite cabins ever.

As for pics, I haven't had time to do anything with them yet. They're all sitting on my pc at home! Heck, I haven't even had time to write my review (and I promised it to the Hotel Director Dwen within a week... oops)!

Thanks Preds for the info on those cabins!! And I did get the link to work after...it must've been my computer so I switched and I got them no problem. Thanks again.

Was there much of a walk to the elevators from the cabins? My father is travelling with us and has limited mobility..just a little slow in his step?

Thanks again.

I am sorry I didn't write a review of the Dawn when I sailed in August of 2007, but I loved that ship and loved the entire experience so much that I am going again in August 2009. I tried to book a cruise with another cruise line and my daughter who is in the airforce now, but who was a teen during the last cruise, demanded to go on the Dawn again. So take that for what it is worth (A satisfied TEENAGER????).....it worth a lot in my book:):):)

These were taken in St Thomas where I saw a friend I hadn't seen in 30 years, with her friend Senator Dowd at the Legislature Bldg. (We both lived there in the 60s and 70s. I left after 7 years and she stayed). The street scene is Main Street. Note the huge metal doors for the stores. The stores were once warehouses for pirates. We tendered in, so there's a photo of the tender, and one from afar watching the tender. The first one is just for fun on board.

18.jpg.3e060d5729444d9ee66b43fe5eda8e30.jpg

19.jpg.632f626aa6de9eb34eaa88063937855c.jpg

31.jpg.eb6e7e1c51f021a9ac76ee4aa26ab265.jpg

48.jpg.c65d89ca0fd5276ca52a6fdae43d34ee.jpg

63.jpg.b382092ff9e7bfdbe555ea9b4700f156.jpg

Archived