Mariner of the Sea

cweed

Leaving this Sunday on Mariner. What should we know about this beautiful ship? It is soooo big we don't want to miss anything. Please give us some tips and pointers. A week doesn't seem like it will be long enough to see everything! Thank you

Relax and take your time taking it all in. Take lots of pictures of this beautifly appointed ship. Do not miss the ice show, the game "quest", Love and marraige game, Enjoy the dining room, it's beautiful. Try CHops Restuarant, fantastic food and service. We enjoyed Portofino as well. The art is amazing and it is everywhere. The Latin Band in Boleros was awesome. Some of the vocalist in the shows were also amazing. The parades were lots of fun and full of high energy so do not miss them and get there early to stake out your spot. Too many things to mention so I'm sure others will fill in what I failed to mention. Just have fun. Don't forget your Johnny Rocket malt (YUM)

Agree re ice show etc.. Also IMHO the "adult" but hilarious QUEST and Liars Club shows (both in the same place as ice show) are late night and not to be missed.. unless you are easily offended.. they are not "dis"-tasteful IMHO. We were surprised at how easy it was to find a deck chair in Sept and the ship was full.. really full.. there never seemed to be anyone desperately looking for a seat!

Liked Chops but didn't love it.. maybe the entree I chose wasn't cooked right but wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be although I'd go back with a group. The buffet area is a little frenetic when it's crowded.. Love the Asian restaurant up there.. great sushi in the evenings.

If you are going to Eastern Carib hopefully they have the disembark in St THomas worked out.. we were late due to medivac the day before and that was a total disaster.. took forever for folks not on tour.

Don't forget to check out the 'peek a boo' bridge and also the helipad area on deck 5. To get there go all the way forward on deck 4 and then climb the flight of stairs to deck 5.

Peek a boo bridge is on deck 11 or 12 I think

Also the parades down the Promenade on the first night aboard and the last night. They are at about 10:30 - 11 pm

Emmy :)

There are a bunch of us who have signed up for the meet and mingle for the Mariner this Sunday. We also have a roll call board. Would love for you all to join us.

Be sure to check out or roll call board and sign up for the meet and mingle on the ship.

Here are some links. If you would like more info or have any questions.. feel free to email me Glassygal00@aol.com

Meet and Mingle sign up page...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/meetandmingle.cfm

Roll Call page

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=15694

P.S .. Some of us are going to also meet up at Grills on Sat at 3:30pm. The more the merrier!

tAKE SOME TIME AND GO UP AND DOWN ALL STAIRWAYS TO SEE SOME VERY INTRESTING ART WORK!

Portofinos and chops are great and I agree about The Quest..also Kareoke is a hoot!

I have been twice so far and can't wait to get back on board as there is still so much to see and do!

Oh...the gym is awesome also!

Agree with all of the above comments. We were on the Mariner's 11-14/21-04 cruise. First time on a Voyager class for us and the ship was awesome. Because we had been to Nassau numerous times, we stayed on board at the first port of call and just explored the ship. Perfect time, as most passengers were ashore and the ship almost deserted. It allowed us to learn the layout at a leisurely pace. The Mariner is so big, you really need to take it in small bites to appreciate everything without being overwhelmed.

Two must see things in our opinion are, the ice show, and Matt Yee in the Schooner Lounge. He's a hoot! Also, if Bowser from ShaNaNa is onboard for a show, don't miss it.

You will love the Mariner and don't be surprised if it spoils you for future sailing on other ships.

Happy Cruising

Tanker

Archived