kind of a silly question about lounges/bars

vbecky

Might sound kind of silly, but was wondering I can't remember are kids allowed in the lounge/bar areas and if so are they only allowed at certain times? I thought when I was on the carnival cruise some bars kids were ther until i thought 10 pm?:confused:

I always take DD10/11 to the piano bar in the evenings before bed (sometimes in her jammies). The bartender on the Sun last summer would have "her drink order" ready for her (Gingerale). My DD thinks of the piano bar as one of the most important parts of cruising as she, of course, is too young to be in a piano bar here at home. Without a single exception, she has been warmly welcomed by the entertainer and guests. (She takes music seriously and is often more attentive to the singer than many guests-- hence, they tend to fall for her and spend breaks chatting with her......) I usually have her in bed well before 11.....

She plans to sing on cruiseships (or win Canadian Idol) when she is older!

This is a great story, and to me, what family cruising is all about. I hope this will be the case when we sail in a few weeks. A few years ago my 19 yr old son grabbed my hand and took me to cocktail lounge where classical music was being played and on the same trip my 14 yr old daughter wanted to go to the club, ("disco" to me, a 50 something) early on in the evening so we could dance.

I always take DD10/11 to the piano bar in the evenings before bed (sometimes in her jammies). The bartender on the Sun last summer would have "her drink order" ready for her (Gingerale). My DD thinks of the piano bar as one of the most important parts of cruising as she, of course, is too young to be in a piano bar here at home. Without a single exception, she has been warmly welcomed by the entertainer and guests. (She takes music seriously and is often more attentive to the singer than many guests-- hence, they tend to fall for her and spend breaks chatting with her......) I usually have her in bed well before 11.....

She plans to sing on cruiseships (or win Canadian Idol) when she is older!

This is a great story, and to me, what family cruising is all about. I hope this will be the case when we sail in a few weeks. A few years ago my 19 yr old son grabbed my hand and took me to cocktail lounge where classical music was being played and on the same trip my 14 yr old daughter wanted to go to the club, ("disco" to me, a 50 something) early on in the evening so we could dance.

I love stories like these. My parents were not much for traveling, yet they did take us on one real vacation (other than like camping, visiting relatives, etc etc) and that is one of the fondest memories I have from my childhood. Maybe why I love travel so much now.

Archived