Another tipping question

Does anybody know if the 15% added to bar tabs actually goes to the bartender? The reason why I ask is I work in a hotel and we charge a delivery fee and a 22% gratuity in room service, however the service only get 77% of the 22% gratuity.

Also when you decide to put the tips for waiters and room attendants on you cruise account what do you do on that last night, tell them that you did so?

Does anybody know if the 15% added to bar tabs actually goes to the bartender? The reason why I ask is I work in a hotel and we charge a delivery fee and a 22% gratuity in room service, however the service only get 77% of the 22% gratuity.

Also when you decide to put the tips for waiters and room attendants on you cruise account what do you do on that last night, tell them that you did so?

When you charge your gratuities on your SeaPass, you receive envelopes and vouchers. You give those directly to your waiter, assistant waiter, headwaiter and cabin attendant. Feel free to add more cash if you believe that their service merits more.

The bartab has the server's name (or employee #) on it, so I would imagine they will get the 15%.

We find that 15% is more than adequate for "popping a beer" or a regular drink....we'll tip more for a really good "fancy" cocktail.

And, if we frequent 1 particular bar the entire week, we'll give the bartender who's been serving us an additional tip on the last night--in cash--that way, we KNOW he gets it!

I mean, when you tip a server in a restaurant, they have to split their tips with the busboy and usually the host!

For room service, tip the delivery person (cash) a couple of bucks, depending on how much they have to carry.

We prefer the cash method, so that those who serve us can keep or pool their tips as they see fit. (When they get cash, it's up to THEM to claim it!)

As to the former question, I doubt anyone knows the correct answer unless they work for the cruise line. With regard to your latter question, you will receive vouchers and envelopes for the last night. Slip the appropriate voucher into an envelope and hand it to your waiters, room attendant, etc.

the bar checks u sign each have an employee code and the 15% goes to that person. The bartenders keep real close tabs on their tabs..no pun intended. If we fancy 1 bartender or bar all week we will give some cash but dont wait till the end.. A 20 at the beginning of the week gets you some really good drinks all week if u know what I mean..:rolleyes:

Archived