Whatever happened to new CC perks?

Cruise Vanessa

Remember last spring X was talking about changing Captains Club perks? I even got a survey from them asking for my opinion. I suggested a Concierge Lounge like RCCL has, better cabin upgrades/discounts and one hour free internet for Elites. The changes were supposed to take place in fall 2008. We were on the Summit in Nov. CC hostess said the new perks were coming soon. Has anyone heard any news?

I heard they changed the coupons and that some were even less favorable than before - such as doing away with the $15 bag of laundry for Elite and replacing it with a small percentage off a cleaning order. I guess we'll see in 10 days! Either way it won't make nor break our cruise but it would be nice if these were meaningful.

Remember last spring X was talking about changing Captains Club perks? I even got a survey from them asking for my opinion. I suggested a Concierge Lounge like RCCL has, better cabin upgrades/discounts and one hour free internet for Elites. The changes were supposed to take place in fall 2008. We were on the Summit in Nov. CC hostess said the new perks were coming soon. Has anyone heard any news?

No new perks (improved ones) have been issued.

I have sailed twice since that statement was made......

there is no news.

Hi,

We just did a B2B on Solstice. The coupon sheet was no different than that which we had on Millennium in September.

My suspicion.... The downturn in the world economy put the brakes on any changes they may have been considering.

CM

Sorry to be a downer, I highly doubt we will see any added perks in this economy. Even RCI has been considering restricting their past passenger perks (such as limiting who goes to their concierge lounge, which has many fans up in arms), so I doubt we will see Celebrity start to add benefits. It's unfortunate, because as we all know, the program could be much, much better than it is. But, again, I cruise Celebrity because I love Celebrity, not their perks. Hopefully they'll keep the suggestions under their hat and use them when the time is right.

Sorry to be a downer, I highly doubt we will see any added perks in this economy. Even RCI has been considering restricting their past passenger perks (such as limiting who goes to their concierge lounge, which has many fans up in arms), so I doubt we will see Celebrity start to add benefits. It's unfortunate, because as we all know, the program could be much, much better than it is. But, again, I cruise Celebrity because I love Celebrity, not their perks. Hopefully they'll keep the suggestions under their hat and use them when the time is right.

what do you mean by this - is there a thread you can reference? thanks.

what do you mean by this - is there a thread you can reference? thanks.

I misspoke slightly, my apologies - it's been a long time since I saw the thread. Apparently some cruisers have experienced sailings where the Concierge lounge has been (temporarily?) removed.

Here is the thread, it's a long one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=913392

It makes Celebrity look unprofessional to float the new and improved CC would be coming and then do nothing. I think CC is a bit of a joke to most people on this board. By not following through with the hype, it just reinforces that opinion.

We leave in a week on our first cruise as Elite. We're not expecting much --- but we will enjoy the T pool on the Mercury!

I misspoke slightly, my apologies - it's been a long time since I saw the thread. Apparently some cruisers have experienced sailings where the Concierge lounge has been (temporarily?) removed.

Here is the thread, it's a long one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=913392

thanks I remember that one - there was also another but it was purely speculative and not based on any announcement / press release. I enjoy the concierge lounges on RC and would obviously enjoy seeing the same on Celebrity!

Let's face it, the Captain's Club perks are pretty much a joke & have been for some time. I just read a report from Galaxy yesterday saying that the free T pool is no longer a perk for Elite members, only from 6-8PM & on port days. All other times it's $22 PP. Couple that with the rescinded $15 laundry perk & the "new, improved" non coupons requiring you to spend to save & it's an indication of how they feel about repeat cruisers. I don't think the economy has anything to do with it. The CC perks have been eroding for some time now.

Let's face it, the Captain's Club perks are pretty much a joke & have been for some time. I just read a report from Galaxy yesterday saying that the free T pool is no longer a perk for Elite members, only from 6-8PM & on port days. All other times it's $22 PP. Couple that with the rescinded $15 laundry perk & the "new, improved" non coupons requiring you to spend to save & it's an indication of how they feel about repeat cruisers. I don't think the economy has anything to do with it. The CC perks have been eroding for some time now.

I couldn't agree more.... Most perks cost very little or nothing for Celebrity, but would gain a more loyal following.

Archived