Just returned from the Voyager Today!

We had a great cruise. We met some very nice people.

We coordinated our dinner table with some people on our Roll Call that we had never met. We were all in the same age category. It was a great group! We had linked our reservations numbers linked prior to the cruise by calling Crown and Anchor. However, when we went to check on our table none of them were sitting together. So, It took a while to get that straightened out.

We left Lake Conroe ( north of Houston) at about 8:15 arrived in Galveston and were onboard by 11:30.

Eric is a great cruise director. He is really funny. So, is Tracy!

The shows were good. Really enjoyed the ice skating show and the 70's show.

Disembarking really took a while! I think we were in line over an hour and 1/2. If you are taking your own luggage off you will be fine. We needed a porter, and the line for that was very very long.

We didn't purchase any liquor to be taken off. But, I heard people talking in line... that the liquor was not delivered to their room and they had to go get it and he spent an hour and 45 minutes in that line.

Food that was very good:

smoked salmon at breakfast

Lots of fresh fruit

cooked salmon at dinner

Coconut cookies

Sugar free coconut cake

Lobster

chocolate brownie dessert

scallop rissoto

If anyone has any questions, I will try to answer them!

Glad to hear you had a great Cruise!! Thanks for the tip on dining. I also linked a bunch (18) of us so we will all sit together. I will check when we get on the ship!!! Only 2 more weeks and we SAIL!!!! :D

To avoid the problem getting the booze, it is likely best if buying on the ship to grab it on the last evening when you can carry it straight away to the cabin. That allows you to pack it in your luggage or carry on if local stay/residence allows you to forego the hassle of air travel.

Glad you had a good cruise!

Were there any mechanical problems this week and did you make all of your ports?

Patti

We had mechanical problems on the sailing before 2/22/09. There was an engine problem, something with the propulsion. We didn't leave Roatan until almost 10pm and the next day in Costa Maya we arrived an hour late and left late after 8pm. They changed our itinerary, we had 2 sea days at the beginning. By that time, they had the problem fixed, but in Cozumel we did leave a couple behind. We watched the whole thing unfold on our balcony.

Archived