Royal Champions

Admin

Having read just about every Post on this including a lot of the "pulled" ones" I have a suggestion.

Since we do not appear to have an independant Chairman at this meeting can I attempt to sum up , as I understand it, we have two polarised factions.

One believes that RCL did nothing wrong, that CC handled the initial disclosure well and that NO RC can be bought.

The other believes that RCL were less than honest, that CC didn't cover itself in glory and that NO RC can ever be trusted again.

Therefore people why don't we all agree to disagree, wind up the meeting and all go out for a well earned Dram ?

Luv

Cy:)

What about me? I think RCL and CC messed up in creating the program (because look at this crazy thread...), but I don't believe it influences the RCs any more than the C&A influences us all. Where do I fit in this whole thing?? I guess I agree with no one!! :D

For me it will be a Yuengling at bowling this evening, thank you very much. 6.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the first wave of RC's were in the summer of 2007 -- perhaps you read my post where I wondered if it was a coincidence that the viral ad program started just before the fuel surcharge.

No, what I have said repeatedly here, is that RC's need to be identified by a special avatar or near their avatar -- many of us, as I have repeatedly said, have no desire to have our experience cluttered with sig lines and block them. What many of us have called for here, is tranparency, that's all. I believe our anger was about cc's complicity in a viral ad campaign by not making it known to the other members, and by taking affrimative steps to prevent others from learning about it. (I have not expressed anger at RCCL or the RC's). Transparency via identification of RC's takes fixes the problem.

You are wrong. It is posted many times in different postings on this thread.

You are not reading them very well are you?

I will not change my avatar for you or anyone else. That has been my avatar for years and it will stay my avatar.

I will not be branded by you or anyone else.

Read my signature. It is in there! Very clear and in the open.

And read it better than you have read these past posts on when the Royal Champions took effect.

After reading this entire thread, I give you a great deal of credit for sticking it out this long going back and forth but I do hope that you realize that one cannot match wits with the unarmed.;):rolleyes:

Yeah it is like trying to tell a blind man what an elephant looks like, you describe it and then you try again when they get it wrong. The worst part is I have been trying to do it for a few weeks. I have decided it is impossible a long time ago, but I do so enjoy watching them going and going like regular Energizer bunnies. I figure it will help all of us in the future as they self-identify themselves and remove all doubt.:D

jc

As someone who doesn't post often on the RCCL board and just heard about this...

My issue is more with CC than anyone else.

I don't blame RCCL for trying a new marketing technique, as a businessperson I think it's pretty creative.

I don't blame the RC's because I can't say that I wouldn't do the same for one of my favorite cruise lines.

IMO CC should have been the policeman in this scenerio. RCCL wanted to influence customers. Whether or not everyone took them up on it, the RC's were offered a compensation "in kind" from RCCL.

It is up to CC to keep the threads free from advertising of any kind and I have to say that knowing this program was facilitated by CC makes me lose my faith that CC is an unbiased place for users to post opinions.

I know there are travel agents out there who post, but they can't advertise their travel agency. Anyhow, maybe I'm naive but I didn't think that anyone was getting a direct compensation for opinions posted on these boards....now I know better I guess.

I'm curious to see whether other lines will institute a similar program here on cruise critic.

Jealous lol lol

Let me set the record straight - good luck to the Champs get as much out of RCCL as you can !!

Not once have i criticise Champs for their perks or even being picked by RCCL.

My Beef is the underhanded way it was done and the fact that their are number of members who's views might unduly influence new members.

Its a bit like going for indepented financial advice and finding the person giving you it isn't impartial !!

All i ask for is Transpency - highlight the Champs avatar or something !!

jj.......

I am a Diamond level Crown & Anchor member. Do I cruise on RCCL for the perks?... YOU BET!! I take advantage of everything I can, such as the $200.00 off of my balcony cabin, entry to the Concirege Lounge, priority boarding & disembarkation, Diamond level discount books, etc. :D

Should my avatar be highlighted because I get those "perks"? In my book, those are far more powerful influencers than a 1 or 2 day cruise to nowhere. ;)

Those "perks" have never prevented me from providing honest first hand information and reviews on these boards, both positive as well as negative.

By the way, I am also Platinum level on both Carnival and Princess. I guess my avatar should reflect that also?? :rolleyes:

IMO CC should have been the policeman in this scenerio. RCCL wanted to influence customers. Whether or not everyone took them up on it, the RC's were offered a compensation "in kind" from RCCL. .

What compensation??? As the poster cruiserccl said, all that has happened since last year is they asked folks to confirm their information if they were still interested. Nothing has been offered. They did not ask anyone to slant their posts, nothing. They said they may use the group for polls or opinions, or whatever.... its just a focus group.

What exactly do you mean when you say "compensation "in kind"", can you back this up? Im feeling sorry for RCL and all the untrue rumors being started.

I did ask and was told no. Except, a couple of years ago at the D/Plat luncheon on the Brilliance, I got the drink, but paid for it.

I take that "please" as being derogatory and condescending.

No one believes me on here, so I do have to ask that. Sorry if it insults you.

It hurts me to be insulted hundreds of times in several days time by sarcastic people also.

Did you eat any of the foods that no other passengers get but the people in that room?

So again I ask, be honest. ;) I am not judging you. I am merely pointing out what some do not see

as the same treatment.

Should my avatar be highlighted because I get those "perks"?

No is RCCL bribing you to influence your posts or are you gaining perks by you repeatedly spending your hard earned cash with them ????????

jj.....

It seems that what we have here is a group of people who are jealousAgain, some of the posters on this board wallow in misery and seem happy to do it. Sad.

That's how it comes off to me too. In fact I dont come to the RCL threads or post very much here, even though its my cruiseline of choice, because there are so many dang gone whining threads, I didnt get this, I didnt get that, Im entitled, because Im diamond, wah wah wah. Its not people who want to ask a question posting, its so many whiners, I usually just walk away.

Having read just about every Post on this including a lot of the "pulled" ones" I have a suggestion.

Since we do not appear to have an independant Chairman at this meeting can I attempt to sum up , as I understand it, we have two polarised factions.

One believes that RCL did nothing wrong, that CC handled the initial disclosure well and that NO RC can be bought.

The other believes that RCL were less than honest, that CC didn't cover itself in glory and that NO RC can ever be trusted again.

Therefore people why don't we all agree to disagree, wind up the meeting and all go out for a well earned Dram ?

Luv

Cy:)

Hey there is a middle ground here. We can't all be lumped together on one side or another or on any side at all here.

Some people who are or are not RC's understand that there was some poor communication here by RCL & CC. If one travels on RCL often and/if one is an RCL stockholder than RCL business decisions are our business. The RC program is part of the RCL business. If we are interested in finding out more about the program why is that necessarily a bad thing?

Why do people who question certain things on CC get labeled negatively? Why do others feel the need to try and stifle people who have questions about any cruise line? Why is an online Club formed on CC to try and label people as "whiners & moaners" and to attempt to "stamp out" these people? What part of that behavior is acceptable (or even allowed on CC)? Why is that thread still around? Is there anyone (RC or not) who really wants to defend a club that has as its intent a mission to "stamp out" certain CC posters?

But I do agree this "sticky" certainly seems to have run its course.

Colleen

Jaxon,

So...What's REALLY bothering you? I mean...you've got to have some real problems somewhere in your life...I count over 40 posts by you so far in this thread alone...You really do like to protest and complain a lot, don't you? Yeah, I went back and checked on your posts on other threads as well...You seem to have some issues...

Did Royal Caribbean treat you poorly on some cruise? Or do you just enjoy being negative? How about the many Royal Champion posters on this site? Aside from your rather fertile imagination, do you have some specific issues where any of them have done you wrong? Mislead you?

You want us all to be somehow tagged so you will know who we are...What did you have in mind? A yellow star on our coats? No, that's been done before...Hmmmmm.....

While we're at it, how about a special avatar identifying the whiners?

I mean, jaxon, if you only had a REAL issue...But, don't you think you've hammered on this one enough? Do you , maybe, have other issues that might be a better use of your time?

Enough already...

Post count on this thread so far....

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 525

User Name Posts

xpcdoojk 40

jaxon41 40

coxswain 36

glgolfer 33

Ocean Boy 31

Ladylouwho 28

Alexis 23

pcur 15

Elizanessie 15

Toddcan 14

5waldos 14

Admin 14

BecciBoo 13

Goldryder 10

cruisenfever 10

Catnip 9

beachbuzzard 8

bilyclub 7

Arizona Laura 7

Cruiserccl 6

ChristieNJ 6

Ladder55 6

Bruin Steve 6

benicehavefun 6

critterchick 6

Schplinky 5

The Grumpus 5

cruisinMike 4

LauraS 4

HorrorFan 4

cruzendude 4

temple1 3

rool 3

wolfganghowell 3

megr1125 3

PeterPan 3

oysterdam 3

Bruins14 3

rian90 3

nanfromatlanta 3

MrPete 3

FireIce0010 3

Davey Interweb 3

tha sista 2

TexasAnn 2

akcruz 2

petesweet 2

crusinmama06 2

firefly333 2

kenevenpar 2

MAZANDSTEVE 2

Pumbaamd 2

Rancher Dave 2

wrp96 2

GXmanDC 2

pbhunt 1

jlmza2350 1

emmy 1

vickiw0318 1

Atomica 1

ancldaca 1

JSnow789 1

Merion_Mom 1

tejmar 1

seasearider 1

SargassoPirate 1

cruisingator2 1

ChevyCruiser 1

cyukuk 1

bickee 1

silentbob007 1

flames 1

SteveB48 1

14 Days or Longer 1

runnerandme 1

CruiseLiz 1

Brad1185 1

ruskatab 1

Chicagobob 1

cruiserbryce 1

Grandiva 1

SwingChickie 1

missbear 1

AudioFilly 1

stlwaterbaby 1

erin_cruisers 1

Happy ks 1

booze brothers 1

Micki Dee 1

reallyitsmema 1

cruiseloverandagent 1

Show Thread & Close Window

###

EXACTLY!!! Any of us who accept this are guilty as charged. I have come to that conclusion as well. We have all been duped so to speak. But if being duped means I get access to the CL and a diamond balcony discount, I guess I am willing to take it.

So now that we have established what I am, I guess all we have to do is haggle on price.

So here goes RCL:

I want to be able to combine my stockholder benefit with my balcony discount just as I used to do so prior to 1/1/09; and

if you send me any additional C & A coupons I would like to be able to combine them as well (same as before); and

I would like a "special" menu in the MDR that is free of any advertising of food items for sale for those of us who request such a menu; and

I would like to see a Voyager or Brilliance Class Ship sail out of Galveston year round; and

I DON'T want to see ANY more cuts to the C & A program or cuts to the coupon books; and

last, but not least....Where is my invitation for the "free" pre-inaugural for the Oasis????

I have an even better idea. Since Royal Caribbean is assuredly following this thread, they should find a way to invite all of us posters to the same Oasis pre inaugural. Now THAT would be interesting. It would definately provoke some very interesting face-to-face conversations.... :D:D

By the way, I am very serious about that suggestion.... ;)

I have an even better idea. Since Royal Caribbean is assuredly following this thread, they should find a way to invite all of us posters to the same Oasis pre inaugural. Now THAT would be interesting. It would definately provoke some very interesting face-to-face conversations.... :D:D

By the way, I am very serious about that suggestion.... ;)

Hey you go girl!!! Good idea! Only if I'm on a cruise I won't have time to be discussing stuff like this, LOL!!!!!

Post count on this thread so far....

Who Posted?

Total Posts: 525

User Name Posts

xpcdoojk 40

jaxon41 40

coxswain 36

glgolfer 33

Ocean Boy 31

Ladylouwho 28

Alexis 23

pcur 15

Elizanessie 15

Toddcan 14

5waldos 14

Admin 14

BecciBoo 13

Goldryder 10

cruisenfever 10

Catnip 9

beachbuzzard 8

bilyclub 7

Arizona Laura 7

Cruiserccl 6

ChristieNJ 6

Ladder55 6

Bruin Steve 6

benicehavefun 6

critterchick 6

Schplinky 5

The Grumpus 5

cruisinMike 4

LauraS 4

HorrorFan 4

cruzendude 4

temple1 3

rool 3

wolfganghowell 3

megr1125 3

PeterPan 3

oysterdam 3

Bruins14 3

rian90 3

nanfromatlanta 3

MrPete 3

FireIce0010 3

Davey Interweb 3

tha sista 2

TexasAnn 2

akcruz 2

petesweet 2

crusinmama06 2

firefly333 2

kenevenpar 2

MAZANDSTEVE 2

Pumbaamd 2

Rancher Dave 2

wrp96 2

GXmanDC 2

pbhunt 1

jlmza2350 1

emmy 1

vickiw0318 1

Atomica 1

ancldaca 1

JSnow789 1

Merion_Mom 1

tejmar 1

seasearider 1

SargassoPirate 1

cruisingator2 1

ChevyCruiser 1

cyukuk 1

bickee 1

silentbob007 1

flames 1

SteveB48 1

14 Days or Longer 1

runnerandme 1

CruiseLiz 1

Brad1185 1

ruskatab 1

Chicagobob 1

cruiserbryce 1

Grandiva 1

SwingChickie 1

missbear 1

AudioFilly 1

stlwaterbaby 1

erin_cruisers 1

Happy ks 1

booze brothers 1

Micki Dee 1

reallyitsmema 1

cruiseloverandagent 1

Show Thread & Close Window

###

Not sure about your point here, other than you must have a lot of extra time on your hands unless there is some automatic way to count posts I'm not aware of.

I do notice that of the top 10 most frequent posters 5 are RC's and 5 are not.

Don't take it out on me. I get enough of that from the wife......

I've been tarred and feathered on CC before by the Brilliance followers. Its only the internet and it only hurts it if you let it...

Yes, I've had some of the food. I've been in the middle on this. Like I have posted, RCL needs to go up not down for me to be happy.

-0.15 (-2.14%)

Mar 11 - Close

Well if you think we're "bought" then you have a LOT more than hangups....you have problems accepting the truth and that you are WRONG.

Are you saying that there were no "perks" of any kind extended to you when you accepted the RC title? None?

Boards need to be accepting of different opinions. That is why consumers enjoy reading them. We want to hear both sides of the story. I would hate to think that when I look through the posts at Cruise Critic I am only seeing threads that have been "Approved".

If a professional marketing company was hired by RCL to sway "Customer Comments" on a travel board that doesn't impress me. RCL should focus on customer service and let the customers speak for themselves.

We all know that some posters will promote their point of view for any number of reasons. Some just love their favorite Cruise Line or Hotel or even Destination, some may even work for the company. These posters have insight and will often as not tell you the good with the bad. But, if you are getting perks only to post POSITIVE comments, IMHO that is just wrong.

Boards need to be accepting of different opinions. That is why consumers enjoy reading them. We want to hear both sides of the story. I would hate to think that when I look through the posts at Cruise Critic I am only seeing threads that have been "Approved".

If a professional marketing company was hired by RCL to sway "Customer Comments" on a travel board that doesn't impress me. RCL should focus on customer service and let the customers speak for themselves.

We all know that some posters will promote their point of view for any number of reasons. Some just love their favorite Cruise Line or Hotel or even Destination, some may even work for the company. These posters have insight and will often as not tell you the good with the bad. But, if you are getting perks only to post POSITIVE comments, IMHO that is just wrong.

We have fairly completely established that is not happening.

Unless you want to call all of the RCs a liar.

jc

It seems that what we have here is a group of people who are jealous,

I have to disagree. There are some of us that are NOT "jealous" by any stretch of the imagination, but still find this whole concept disturbing. And yes, I think if any cruise line is giving certain chosen posters "perks", then that should be acknowledged. It seems that most of the RCers are happy to have been hand picked by their favorite cruise line and proudly display their title of RC in their signature.

That is exactly why I found the function a couple of years ago, now, to omit them, and it is why I have never seen an RC designation, and it is why that some of us think that transparency would be served by a special avatar, or id by an avatar. I would then be able to read the posts from RC's with knowledge that they are recruits for a viral campaign, and judge those posts as I see fit. I have said before, I am a whole lot less bothered by those who post positive things by RCCL -- my own last review was glowing, in fact -- but when the "ganging up" starts, as I have seen very often on hot issues -- I'd like to know if an RC is among the "thugs."

Even though Ocean boy thinks the RC's integrity has been impugned, on this thread I have seen poster after poster declare the issue is not about the RC's integrity, most of whom were already avid repeat customers, but about the concept and cc, and what has been a lack of transparency.

Jaxon, last night the posts calmed down and many said they did not mean to attack the RCs. There are plenty of posts that did attack their integrity, accused them of being paid or being a schill. In deleted threads some posters were vicious.

I know the long signatures get annoying, but turning them off actually kept you in the dark. You would know their status had you left it on. I find the information in the signatures useful for many reasons.

Archived