L Shaped cabins on Conquest Class

sunlover5

I have searched and found little info/pictures. We are booked in port side aft 9A wrap.(7454 Carnival Dream) My sister can get cabin 7448 (L shaped) or the aft right by ours directly in back.

I have read conflicting threads about the balcony dividers. What pictures I have found it seems the L shape would be better to open the dividers as it looks like it will not block the doors to the cabins.

Does anyone know or stayed in either and opened the dividers???

Thank you and sorry to post here....but tried in the cabin section and not much luck!

I have searched and found little info/pictures. We are booked in port side aft 9A wrap.(7454 Carnival Dream) My sister can get cabin 7448 (L shaped) or the aft right by ours directly in back.

I have read conflicting threads about the balcony dividers. What pictures I have found it seems the L shape would be better to open the dividers as it looks like it will not block the doors to the cabins.

Does anyone know or stayed in either and opened the dividers???

Thank you and sorry to post here....but tried in the cabin section and not much luck!

sunlover5,

Dream's aft cabins may be different than Conquest Class.

We've had both combinations of aft beside wrap & starboard beside wrap in the L shaped cabin and would choose the starboard L shaped cabin over the aft. (We even had both on the same cruise B2B on Liberty) The balcony dividers open to both aft and starboard from aft wrap on Conquest Class and neither blocks cabin doors. The advantage of the L shaped cabin is cabin size, balcony size, and a much better breeze than aft. The advantages would be outweighed by aft view if you didn't have the aft wrap to go with it. ;)

I must again add that the info above is based on Conquest Class, and not on Dream Class; Dream may be entirely different.

ps; You can use the picture below as a guide for which aft balcony dividers do not open. The solid walls that don't open are circled in red. Your cabin choices on Conquest both open;

2904910240065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

My webshots Freedom and Liberty albums from 2008 have lots of pics of the aft wraps and cabins beside them on deck six. Deck 7 pics are also there somewhere....I think in Liberty.

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!! I know and since the Dream doesn't sail till Sept. we are just guessing!! The starboard side on the empress deck was already booked. She booked the L shaped cabin so we are going to stick with that since we have the aft wrap!! Thank you again!!!:)

Do the L-shaped cabins have a sofa??

TIA

I just booked 6450 on the Freedom in June, and it looks like from the posts on these cabins that I was able to find (not many) that on the Conquest class they do not have a sofa.

Although, I do like to have a sofa, I figured the trade off for the bigger balcony was worth it. I'll just sit on the balcony instead of a sofa!:)

I just booked 6450 on the Freedom in June, and it looks like from the posts on these cabins that I was able to find (not many) that on the Conquest class they do not have a sofa.

Although, I do like to have a sofa, I figured the trade off for the bigger balcony was worth it. I'll just sit on the balcony instead of a sofa!:)

Thanks!

Same here....I'll trade the balcony for the sofa any day!

Do the L-shaped cabins have a sofa??

TIA

That was the primary complaint that we had heard about the L shaped cabins before we had 7434 on Freedom a month ago.

After the cruise the lack of a sofa was the most ridiculous thing I could ever see anyone complain about.

Unless you are cruising through some bad weather, I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would rather be in my cabin on a sofa, or outside enjoying by double length balcony.

If a sofa is that important, enjoy the pleasures of a regular balcony....:rolleyes:

Bill

We never missed the sofa in our aft balcony on the Liberty either.

Our TA called this evening. She was advised by Carnival that the 9A wraps dividers cannot be opened on the Dream. :mad: So much for that!!

We will not give up the 9A so dear sister will just have to chose what cabin she now wants!!!!

Thanks for all the replies!!!!!!!!

Archived