Anyone been to SEAVEY'S DOG TOUR ANCHORAGE

Maureen4

I emailed them and this is what they told me:

Experience all 1,049 miles of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race in one action-packed, laugh-out-loud, dog-powered performance in downtown Anchorage! Unlike anything else you will see in Alaska, this show offers 50 minutes of non-stop dog action going through all aspects of dog mushing. The Seavey family guides you through the history of sled dogs - from transport to sport – telling their real stories from the trail, and demonstrating the incredible power and athleticism of their Iditarod champion sled dogs, in this hilarious family oriented show.* The highlights of the show include:

• Cheer on your favorite musher as they compete head-to-head in our action-packed sled dog race. The musher with the fastest dog team, best trained lead dog, and quickest checkpoint routine will win this fast-paced event.

• Watch as Dallas Seavey guides his prize Iditarod lead dog through our obstacle course using only voice commands.

• Witness a 16-dog Iditarod team pull a 10,000 pound truck from a stand still.

• Marvel at Anchorage’s favorite Malamute, Buddy, as he performs his one-of-a-kind stunt.

• Cuddle our adorable husky puppies and meet Hugo, one of the stars in Disney’s “Snow Buddies”.

And this is just the show! Join us for the dinner show and get so much more. Eat dinner with Dallas Seavey, the youngest musher to ever run the Iditarod. Enjoy the entertainment while you feast on the best roast beef dinner in Alaska! Each day we start with choice New York Strips seasoned with our house made spices and slow cooked to insure a tasty and juicy roast beef dinner. *Along with the roast beef, there is also herb-baked chicken breast rolled in olive oil, fresh herbs, spices, and baked to perfection. Your side dishes include Alaska grown potatoes and fresh vegetables prepared daily, and sourdough rolls. After the main course, select from a variety of cakes on the dessert table and enjoy a hot cup of whole bean brewed coffee or iced tea. The staff and cooks at the WildRide Sled Dog Rodeo are dedicated to serving the highest quality meals, stylish presentation and a rustic atmosphere. We pride ourselves on cooking from scratch, and using the finest ingredients Alaska has to offer.

Matinee Show (1hr) – Time: 3:00pm daily / Price: $19.00 Adults & $9.50 Children (2-11)

***Lunch available for additional charge.***

Evening Show (1hr) – Time: 7:00pm daily / Price: $24.00 Adults & $12.00 Children (2-11)

Dinner Show (2hrs) – Time: 6:00pm & 8:00pm daily / Price $55.00 Adults & $27.00 Children (2-11)

***Dinner is served at 6:00pm & 8:00pm, but show portion is at 7:00pm for both. Alaskan brewed beers and assortment of wines may be available for additional charge***

Open May 23rd, 2009 through September 7th, 2009

Located in downtown Anchorage at 185 East Ship Creek Avenue next to the Comfort Inn and Ulu Factory

This was my guest event at a conference we hosted last year. They didn't have the dinner then. But everyone seemed to enjoy it. Especially the interaction with the puppies.

Susan in Anchorage :)

This is right next to my motel, so I'm definitely going to do this.

Not sure about the dinner though, there are so many good restaurants that Susan and others have mentioned, but the 7pm time seems good.

I was checking out pictures from the race on ADN and when I saw the Seavey name it got me very excited.

This is right next to my motel, so I'm definitely going to do this.

Not sure about the dinner though, there are so many good restaurants that Susan and others have mentioned, but the 7pm time seems good.

I was checking out pictures from the race on ADN and when I saw the Seavey name it got me very excited.

Three Seaveys running this year. Mitch (Dallas' Dad, has the kennel in Seward), Dallas (who runs the show here in Anchorage) and Jen (a rookie, Dallas' wife and part of the show here too).

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you need reservations? And how far is it from the Anchorage Marriott?

Thanks.

According to Yahoo Maps it's about a mile. Wouldnt' be a bad walk down but the hill back up to 3rd Avenue could be a little dainting.

Did this as a guest even on a conference we held last June and they loved it.

Do you know if you can catch a cab or is their a bus system or maybe the hotel has transportation there???

Just checked and the People Mover (our bus system) doesn't go down that way. To my knowledge the downtown Marriott doesn't have a shuttle. So looks like your only option would be a cab. Shouldn't be a problem to get one at the hotel but you might want to get the phone number from the cab driver so that you could call one to come and get you after the show.

The Seavey show is great...although it is NOT a tour of their dog kennel, nor do you go on a cart ride...It is a show that is designed to make you laugh and teach you a bit about Iditarod. It is a family run business and it is a great family. You sit on bleacher seats outside and the show takes place in an arena like structure. Go, You will laugh a lot. Last summer there was a shuttle funded by the Wild Berry farm that went by several hotels and then stopped at the ULU factory which is not far from there. I bet it will runn again this year also.

This is the info I received from Heather of Seaveys.

We strongly recommend reservations, especially if you want the

6:00pm dinner service. We do not have a shuttle service that we provide, though there is one that goes around downtown Anchorage and drops off near us (at the Ulu Factory). This is a free shuttle that the city of Anchorage

provides. They run about every 30 minutes and the closest pick up spot to you is the museum at A street & 6th (just 2 blocks away).

Sincerely,

Heather Dunbar

Office Manager - IdidaRide Sled Dog Tours

(907) 260-3139

This sounds really good! Has anyone had the dinner? Is it worthwhile to add it to the show? My husband, 2 kids(11 and 14) are staying at the Comfort Inn and haven't made dinner plans. We will have already turned in our rental van so this sounds like a convenient option for us.

Archived