Cruise Critic Community
12B@C

How did you create a web site where you show cruise pictures?

We use webs.com for our site. We offer news and advice on Royal Caribbean. We also share our cruise photos too. Webs lets you create a photo and video gallery on your site. Its quick, easy and looks professional. Check out our site, to see if this is what you are looking for.http://www.rcifans.com

I am trying to find a good way to collect info for our Mediterranean cruise next summer without creating a website (although I may have to go that direction). I was thinking that there is something similar to LiveBinders but it lets you add multiple urls or images on each page (similar to WallWisher). Any suggestions on sites that may work?

I know I can bookmark and create folders but I want something that is easily accessible as a resource for all of us on our cruise and that others can add to as they find information. If this doesn't work, I think I'll be headed to Weebly to make a webpage!!!

I have just paid for 10 years of web hosting for $150 AUD, so a $1.25 per month which I think is cheap.

Domain name to go with the web site, $16 for 2 years.

This is with Crazy Domains in Perth Australia. 25 Gig of space and unlimited data transfer. Less than $2.00 per month to have it there.

Try logging on to wordpress.com where you can create your own blog and post your own pictures. You can also view my cruise blog to get ideas. I did not have ANY experience at all with blogging and found this site to be very user friendly. Hope this helps and glad you want to share your cruise travels with us.

http://5wheelsto5star.com/just-cruising/

If you want endless photo storage then why not use Google+

Google+ Photos: Only photos over 2048x2048 pixels and videos longer than 15 minutes count toward your storage limit.

You have 15 GB of free storage to share across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ Photos. If you use Google Apps at work or school, you have at least 30 GB of storage. While you may have a lot of files and folders in your Google Drive, only items that you've synced or uploaded use storage space. Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides or items shared with you don’t count toward your storage space.

Why pay?

I registered with BlueHost for unlimited storage for my website: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com. My site is built with WordPress. The WordPress templates number in the thousands with most being free. Since WordPress is the most popular website builder, there are lots of help sites. Building a website is just filling in the blanks and you don't need to know any coding.

NextGen Gallery is a free add-in image management database to manage all of your images. Copy and paste from your PC to the gallery and then link a group of images to a page.

By building your own website, you do not relinquish your copyright ownership and can limit who can view your images.

You can create a website using the hPage website builder easily - https://www.hpage.com

They have a slideshow gallery feature perfect for showcasing cruise pictures. The website can also host photos and other files too. It only costs 4.99 euros a month and it's cheaper than most website builders too. That includes all upgraded features already like the extra business features, custom domain, email address, etc.