carrying liquor onboard

sdptalk

I'm sure there's been a gazillion threads on this subject, but can you take liquor (vodka) onboard the day of sailing? I have read where people have been taking wine in their luggage and/or carry-ons and have had no problems. Does Princess have a different view of hard liquor?

Thanks!

Sandy

I'm sure there's been a gazillion threads on this subject, but can you take liquor (vodka) onboard the day of sailing? I have read where people have been taking wine in their luggage and/or carry-ons and have had no problems. Does Princess have a different view of hard liquor?

Thanks!

Sandy

Since Princess 'does' allow you to bring your favorite wine onboard, there is no problem with a bottle or two of wine being carried on. They do have rules about bringing on liquor though, and it 'can' be confiscated and held until the last night onboard. ;) Enjoy!

I was on Princess the week of 3/1 and purchased several bottles on Grand Turk and they weren't confiscated. There wasn't the anyone to confiscate the bottles, which btw are bartenders. Granted this was the 2nd to last day on the ship.

This is rather tacky but a friend of mine who travels on NCL fills 2LTR soda bottles with liquor. He never gets stopped and has a real good time.

That's how I transport my Bahama Mama over 15 years of cruising (RCCL, Carnival and Princess). I am not sure if the means of transport make that much of a difference. I guess I should invest in rum runners...nah I would rather use the extra for tip. I guess to each their own!

Safe Travels and Blessings my fellow cruiser!

On the off chance that liquor is confiscated, if it is not in its original, sealed container, it will be destroyed. Otherwise it will be just be held and returned. It's a moot point anyway since I've never had anything confiscated when boarding the ship or during a cruise.

There are ways that work well. Rumrunners has a complete system for successful beverage cartage that we have used for years. If you don't abuse the system Princess has there shouldn't be a problem.

Pinot Noir

I thought I'd try that, but some people have said that they go through your checked luggage and pull the bottles out.

I just want to be able to sit on my balcony, watch the waves and/or sunset and have my Goose and juice without having to run to the bar to get another ;-) Is that too much to ask? lol

Pinot Noir

I thought I'd try that, but some people have said that they go through your checked luggage and pull the bottles out.

I just want to be able to sit on my balcony, watch the waves and/or sunset and have my Goose and juice without having to run to the bar to get another ;-) Is that too much to ask? lol

Never seen Princess go through anyone's checked luggage. I have seen people called to the purser's desk and they were asked to open their luggage and retrieve a knife or something like that but never liquor.

Mike:)

Probably a corny question (never cruised before other than an all inclusive--doing a Princess next January) but if you do manage to bring aboard liquor, do you have to worry about the cabin steward or other personnel seeing it and/or confiscating it? As in, don't leave it out in the open in your suite when the steward comes in? Am I paranoid or what?

Allways take something on board in our checked bags, never had a problem. We also take a soft sided cooler with for ice. We ask the room steward to keep it full of ice for us. Never had a problem having our bar set up for all to see. If princess would sell full size bottles for our cabin, we wouldn't even bother through. We do spend our fair share at the bars on board.

If princess would sell full size bottles for our cabin, we wouldn't even bother through. We do spend our fair share at the bars on board.

We can keep hoping. I fondly remember the last time (2005) when I ordered a liter of Bombay Sapphire from room service.

Mike:)

Archived