New to Cruising - Boudicca 9th April 09

motorcar48

just finished ours.

first fly/cruise worried like mad about weight , went by cheapo airlines 15k each. after that said the hell with that, at least we have a laundry on , so we now always wash after the first 4/5 days saves bringing so much. Best tip mix and match.Its only about a £1 a machine and that inc soap/drying, ironing free.

As this is your first you must be getting excited, then you are hooked.

May see you airside , hilary should have wheelchair assistance and we hope to have breakfeast in witherspoons.

steve

Steve & Hilary

Us excited - No

Get hooked - No

Do I tell lies - yes

It can't come quick enough, last day at work for me tomorrow, unfortunately Sheila is working wednesday morning :( sad.

On the recommendation of a friend we booked into the exec lounge but we will come and look for you, to at least say hello, I assume by the time you have booked in you will be in witherspoons around about 07.00

Cheers

David & Sheila

:D :D:D:D

countdown.pl?name=&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Is%20it%20time%20to%20go%20yet&ship=Boudicca

I'm working Wednesday too - all day. I'm hoping it might help keep my nerves at bay. Not sure just how much work they expect to get out of me though! A mixture of "flight fright" and excitement will probably just send me loopy!

Exec lounge sounds posh.:) You'll be able to tell us how the other half live.:D

Phil already has the brochures out looking at next year! He even found a 106 nighter round the world which he tells me he'll take me on...................if he wins the lottery! Oh well it was nice while the dream lasted!!

I'm working Wednesday too - all day. I'm hoping it might help keep my nerves at bay. Not sure just how much work they expect to get out of me though! A mixture of "flight fright" and excitement will probably just send me loopy!

Phil already has the brochures out looking at next year! He even found a 106 nighter round the world which he tells me he'll take me on...................if he wins the lottery! Oh well it was nice while the dream lasted!!

Well I am the lucky one, finished work today, so plenty of time now to forget things I needed to do - already seems a lot on the list

Have a good flight all

Steve & Jan:)

Has anyone seen the forecast - YUK - looks like take the shorts and t shirts out and pack the sowesters and umbrellas

At least it will be warm rain.:D The temperatures are showing at 80F so hopefully that means the rain will be short downpours.

If all else fails there's always the bar.:D:D:D

All

After reading your comments looked at the 10day weather forecast for Barbados, never mind at least its warm rain.

What effect is Easter going to have on us when we call at the different islands, any thoughts or past expierience

David & Sheila

:D:D:D:D

countdown.pl?name=&date=4-9-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Is%20it%20time%20to%20go%20yet&ship=Boudicca

Sue

A colleague at work did it on a Bank Holiday flight last year and said it was worth every penny to have somewhere quiet to sit plus the other benefits. Finding somewhere to sit especially if there are any delays can be a nightmare. Cost £16 each, can afford it now so making the most of it, might be different when we retire.

Have a great flight, look forward to meeting you all on Friday

Remember its not rain but liquid sunshine

Cheers

David & Sheila

:D:D:D

At the request of my wife and seeing reason to what you said, i went to my penny jar and counting the halves and the pennies , i found just enough to be able to book in, at least if you need the drink before flying its free , but did not think about thepossible crowds at easter.

Thank you for putting that idea on the board.

will have 8022 embarkation labels on our hand luggage

many thanks steve and hilary

Steve we will be just down the corridor from you, 8010. So will say hi to you sometime if I see you there

Steve & Jan

lovely we can wave to each other from the balconies

fri forcast for barbados . seems each site has a different one . just like here bbc 1 differs from bbc yorkshire

01.gif

Sunny, breezy and humid. Winds from the ENE at 33 km/h.

Realfeel®: 32 °C

High: 29 °C

At the request of my wife and seeing reason to what you said, i went to my penny jar and counting the halves and the pennies , i found just enough to be able to book in, at least if you need the drink before flying its free , but did not think about thepossible crowds at easter.

Steve & Hilary

Are we going to play spot the luggage label ours is 5037, it feels like we are coming from below stairs when meeting you people from up in the clouds on deck 8

Had another look at the weather forecast, its got worse, how can they be so different, remember its liquid sunshine

Ive finished work no more until the 28th, I wont be counting this down. Sheila finishes tomorrow lunchtime

Hope you all have good flights

Best wishes

David & Sheila

Steve & Hilary

Are we going to play spot the luggage label ours is 5037, it feels like we are coming from below stairs when meeting you people from up in the clouds on deck 8

Had another look at the weather forecast, its got worse, how can they be so different, remember its liquid sunshine

Ive finished work no more until the 28th, I wont be counting this down. Sheila finishes tomorrow lunchtime

Hope you all have good flights

Best wishes

David & Sheila

Looks like we'll be needing oxygen when we reach your dizzy heights! We are down in the bowls on deck 3. Maybe all those stairs will help walk off the odd cake or two.

See you all Friday.

Leaving 9am tomorrow , stopping at the caravan to make sure its ok, then tea at daughters in cambridge and then to the hotel.

Good journey,s to all of you ,be safe and on time

Best regards steve and hilary

Leaving 9am tomorrow , stopping at the caravan to make sure its ok, then tea at daughters in cambridge and then to the hotel.

Good journey,s to all of you ,be safe and on time

Best regards steve and hilary

We are leaving in the afternoon, taxi to hotel at Gatwick (saves getting up extra early and in case of any problems on the road) then to hotel, ready for the flight.

Good trip to all out new friends and all others reading this

Steve & Jan

Thank you all for your replys you have made the last few weeks interesting and helped the time pass.

We leave home Wed 17.00 ish booked into a hotel about 2 miles from Stanstead

Hopefully we will see Steve & Hilary at the airport, look forward to meeting the rest of you Friday 17.30 in the observation lounge for a drink.

Wishing you a safe journey, hope the happy pills work Sue.

We are nearly there

All the best

David & Sheila

:D:):D:):D

• 3 weeks later...
To.

Phil & Sue, Steve & Jan, Steve & Hilary and others we met

Thanks for the company, hope we meet again one day.

David & Sheila

:D:):(

Hi all,

Was great to meet you all too. We had a fantastic time with great company.

Happy cruise hunting!!

Sue & Phil

Hi all,

Was great to meet you all too. We had a fantastic time with great company.

Happy cruise hunting!!

Sue & Phil

Sue - I have tried to send you a couple of emails, but no luck, they have bounced back

Can you send me one then i know I have the right one

Steve

Sue - I have tried to send you a couple of emails, but no luck, they have bounced back

Can you send me one then i know I have the right one

Steve

Hi Steve,

Just sent it. My e-mail was full so that could have been the problem. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

cheers

Sue

hi to all of you

hope your journey wether small or long went smoothly,

steve how could you say they were bad, lol , bloody bad, worst ever seen, should have been tipped overboard, even the sharks would want a refund.even a laughing policeman would have dried up.

best regards to all of you. no insult would be to harsh.

steve and hilary

hi to all of you

hope your journey wether small or long went smoothly,

steve how could you say they were bad, lol , bloody bad, worst ever seen, should have been tipped overboard, even the sharks would want a refund.even a laughing policeman would have dried up.

best regards to all of you. no insult would be to harsh.

steve and hilary

Really surprised they were not offered the airfare back from Tenerife - did you notice they were not mentioned in Rikki's round up on the final night.

Did you get back OK, I assume you did

Steve

really surprised they were not offered the airfare back from tenerife - did you notice they were not mentioned in rikki's round up on the final night.

Did you get back ok, i assume you did

steve

yes thanks , i did notice that they were missed off and were not on stage , packing very quickly? Or did not want to get the silent treatment? Or mabye ricky spared their blushes. Could not see jan in the choir was she there

steve

yes thanks , i did notice that they were missed off and were not on stage , packing very quickly? Or did not want to get the silent treatment? Or mabye ricky spared their blushes. Could not see jan in the choir was she there

steve

Unfortuantly Jan was not in the choir's performance - she had picked up the cold that was going around and she could not shake it off in time - pity as she was really looking forward to it.

I reckon Rikki spared their blushes as he would not have wanted laughter or derision - as I am sure he would have had - on that final night. After all he had the embarresment of introducing them, and thanking them the last few shows

now we know where hilary,s cold came from, she has developed it since we arrived back in southampton. I guess that it incubated in the air/con oh how women are swines, lol , dont mean it really.

steve

Archived