are 9a cat. really worth the xtra $$ on the Glory?

iluvdoxies

I need help making this decision- we have a 9a booked, 7440 on the Glory this spring.

Have never had a 9a, have had lots of cat 8 rooms.

I know the balcony is huge and wraps arounf--but how big is the cabin? Is it bigger than cat 8?

Anyone have pics?

Thanks in advance.....it's a big price difference, so I'm trying to justify spending that much more.

I had a 9a on my last cruise and have one booked for my up coming cruise this April, I just love my 9a cabin and balcony. A lot of people say they are not very private that is true of the very front of the balcony but the side which is the longest part is very private. The cabin is odd shaped but plenty large with lots of storage space and big windows facing the back of the ship and the ocean from the bed. You won't be disappointed in this cabin. Linda

Yes, my dachshunds would love room service!!! They would be dailing it constantly hehe.

I've heard that there isn't a couch, but 2 chairs in the cabin- is this right? The balcony doesnt have to be all that private lol- we are crusing with 2 friends who have an inside and will be spending some time on the balcony with them.

We were in 9A cabin 6452. The overall cabin size is a bit more spacious than a standard 8 category, but the room cannot accomodate a couch because of the unique shape of the cabin. For us, that was the sole drawback to the cabin. On the other hand you will enjoy the very large, wrap around verandah deck. The side area is 100% private, and has good shade. The rear section gets lots of sun. The view at all times from the rear of the ship is fantastic.We asked our room steward to bring us two lounge chairs from the pool area. These two chairs fit perfectly on the side verandah, and we spent lots of time out there. If you entertain friends or family, and size of the verandah means a lot, go for the 9A.

If the size of the balcony is important, and in you plan to spend a lot of time there vs. going to the pool, etc.. go for the 9A..! I have a stern/aft on the Miracle with an extended balcony for this coming April, but was able to get a JS corner/aft with a wrap-around on RCI Jewel of the Seas for 2006, and am just really excited.. If you can afford it.. DO IT! :D

That's the key. You have friends with you to share the extra space. We have done exactly the same thing and it's great to have a space to spread out and relax in your own area. On our last cruise with a wedding party of 50, we had a Cat 12 and it turned into a "hospitality suite" and we loved it. You and your friends will enjoy having this.

BTW - we have a female 14lb "tweenie" shorthair that rules our household.

Thanks for all the replies--think we wil enjoy it and the big balcony to shre with our friends--we just charge them a balcony fee haha. They have 2 insides. We've never had a 9a so I guess we should go for it.

Our 2 doxies- one standard and one mini rule our house too!

Archived