Babysitting Service on RCCL

aflynn3

We are booked on the Independence of the Seas RCCL in April. We are traveling with a 7yr old and 14month. Hoping to use in room sitter for a few nights for our 14month old son. Anyone have information on this service with RCCL? We are concerned that it will be hard to get as it is first come first serve. Also, we would like to have the same sitter for each night used. Any information experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Just go to the Customer Relations desk as soon as you board and put the request in for the days you want. :) And yes, from what I understand, if you like the person and they are available, then you can keep the same person for the next nights.

Price is per hour. It used to be $10/hour (cash), but I think it was raised to $12 (someone correct me please if I am wrong)

But make sure you reserve it for all of the nights you *think* you are going to need. Don't wait.

Last March we sailed on Voyager and decided to get a babysitter one night. So we went straight to guest relations upon boarding to reserve a sitter. She was great and at the end of the evening she said if you want me to babysit again just ask for me at guest relations. We ended up having her come back another night so I guess it doesn't always "sell out."

We sailed on the Explorer of the Seas during christmas and new year 2008, we have a 2yr old and thought the babysitting would be a no go due to demand, however we booked after a couple of days on board and was amazed to get all 3 nights confirmed, christmas eve, formal night and enew year, we had the same girl and she was great, it was stil $10 per hour in dec, not sure if it has changed now. I would def say book as soon as on board though just in case.

Archived