A Wild Ride

jhannah

WOW!

At least the DR wasn't full of PAX at the time. That would have been a mess, with food everywhere along with people in panic.

This is just a reminder of how much Mother Nature is still in control!

Here's a little longer version of that same video which starts when everything is still 'routine'. Someone else posted this clip a while back and in the discussion that followed, I believe the ship, or at least the cruise line, was identified. Look at the uniforms of the head waiter/supv and waiters that comes into play

The ship was P&O Australia's 'Pacific Sun' (the former Carnival ship Jubilee) on her way between Vanuatu and Auckland, New Zealand in August last year. She was trying to avoid a storm when hit by a large wave. 42 pax sustained injuries. Damage to Pacific Sun was superficial

cruise20.jpg

[/url]

Ship+Photo+PACIFIC++SUN.jpg

Ship+Photo+Pacific+Sun.jpg

Wow, there are some major pieces of furniture sliding back and forth; I wouldn't want to have been in the path of any of it! I think it would have taken a little more than green apples and crackers to settle my stomach that night!

Smooth Sailing! ? ! :):):)

Last October, I met several people who were on the Prinsendam in February '07 when she was hit by two 75' waves. Two ladies were sitting by the window in the dining room, having lunch, when they saw the first wave coming. They said that they could not see sky just before it hit -- just water; another rogue wave hit a few minutes later. The ship went back to Ushuaia and passengers were offered the opportunity to leave the ship or continue. The ladies understood that only four people left the ship (other than the injured); everyone else continued on to Buenos Aires. I was boarding the Golden Princess in B.A. when the Prinsendam was there for the overnight before disembarkation and we met several passengers in a restaurant that night who were talking about it. That must have been a very big "Wheeee!!!" of a ride.

:D

Gives me a great idea for a TV reality show. A sort of Survivor At Sea. Hummm......

I somehow don't think that if you had been onboard Pacific Sun during this 'little incident' you'd be doing a lot of hand clapping and going Weeeeeeeeeee, Ruth! You would have been too busy trying to regain your footing and attempting to dodge fake palm trees, tables, chairs, food portions, crew members, your fellow passengers and what have you:eek: This wasn't pretty by the looks of it!

Archived