2010 Europe Announced

nickcapp

HI,

Thanks...kind of hard to read but looks like some new ships (what is the Ocean Princess..is that one that is being re-named?) and a few new itineraries including more 7 day ones (which are a nice option as they allow for land extensions)...

The Ocean princess was formerly the Tahitian Princess. also what is interesting is the Star will be going over to Europe in 2010 rather than alaska. also did not see the Emerald over there. Only ships on that list was the ruby, Crown, pacific Princess 2, Ocean, Grand and the Star.

Marilyn

Thank you so much for this. We have been waiting for it to come out. We were going to take the British Isles cruise this year and friends couldn't go and waited us to wait until 2010. We are taking a Canary Islands and Casablanca cruise instead on Brilliance of the Seas. Can't wait. We love to cruise.

Thanks for posting this! I wonder if the absence of certain ships means they will be in Alaska or - dare I say it - the Caribbean next summer?

The Pacific and Star Princess are in Alaska in 2009 and in Europe in 2010. There are 6 ships in Europe in 2009, and there will be 6 ships in Europe in 2010. The Pacific Princess will replace the Royal Princess in Europe, and the Star Princess will replace the Emerald Princess in Europe. I don't see the Emerald Princess going to Alaska, because it's larger than the Diamond and Sapphire Princess. It would also have to travel around South America to get to Alaska!

Well this explains why the Star Princess Mexico cruises for April were canceled:)

Yes I saw that too. Now am just wondering where the Emerald will go and who will take the place of the Star in Alaska. Very interesting. Also the 14 day r.t out of Vancouver was the pacific Princess so maybe that one will not be anymore. Now the Emerald is a good question of where she is going.

Marilyn

Yes I saw that too. Now am just wondering where the Emerald will go and who will take the place of the Star in Alaska. Very interesting. Also the 14 day r.t out of Vancouver was the pacific Princess so maybe that one will not be anymore. Now the Emerald is a good question of where she is going.

Marilyn

The Royal Princess could do the 14-night cruises in Alaska.

The Royal Princess could do the 14-night cruises in Alaska.

Yes you are right but now that it is on a world cruise who knows about that either. They could stop and go to Alaska or continue on after I think Rome???

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Marilyn

Marilyn

I guess I can dream that they'd bring Emerald over to the Pacific:)

That would be a very expensive and time-consuming move, because it can't go through the Panama Canal.

Yes, but the Star was going to be coming around the horn from Rio in late March 2010 and up the west coast of South America to SF, so it is something that Princess and other lines already do on a regular basis. One can only dream:rolleyes:. We all will just have to wait and see as the schedules are released.

Thanks so much for posting this site !!!

Do you have any idea of the date when we'll be able to book????

Minette

Hi All, I spoke with my TA this afternoon and she indicated that we would be able to book these itineraries on April 1st... April Fool's Day... I shall indeed be a fool on that day... Now, how much can I afford???

Dave

Yes, but the Star was going to be coming around the horn from Rio in late March 2010 and up the west coast of South America to SF, so it is something that Princess and other lines already do on a regular basis. One can only dream:rolleyes:. We all will just have to wait and see as the schedules are released.

For whatever reason, Princess cancelled those cruises and will send the Star to Europe instead. Cruise lines seem to be cutting capacity in Alaska, so it's doubtful that they would send the Emerald Princess there. A ship that big is overkill in Alaska.

Hi All, I spoke with my TA this afternoon and she indicated that we would be able to book these itineraries on April 1st... April Fool's Day... I shall indeed be a fool on that day... Now, how much can I afford???

Dave

I got an e-mail listing the Europe cruises today from my TA and she said they open for booking on April 8th. Wonder which is correct???

Archived