What perks do you get in the family suite?

sdptalk

I don't need it either. I was amazed by the amount of food they delivered. Princess gives you a few canapes and Holland America went overboard (ha). I have had the same on Princess where they misunderstood a breakfast order. We each wanted 2 eggs benedict. We wrote 4 on the card. They delivered 16 egg benedicts. All of us should be writing a book. Have a great day.

OMG, how funny. What in the world did you do with 16 eggs benedict? :p

That is hilarious about the eggs! I'll have to make that bar call when we board.

What time do they start letting people board? On other cruiselines we like to get to the port around 10:30 - 11:00. Is that too early?

This statement is true for Platinum and Elite Captain's Circle members who are sailing in non-suite staterooms, but I know from personal experience that complimentary internet usage in a full suite is unlimited. That was a good thing because we went through three 250 minute packages before we noticed the instructions to logout when using the wireless connection. We were getting the connection in our cabin, so we just left the laptop on all the time. Despite using several packages on that cruise, we were not billed for any of them.

Cathy,

Question the suite unlimited internet also applies to laptops? This has always been something I was curious about.

What is the family suite and do all ships have them? This is exactly what we were looking for on our Panama cruise on the coral, but I think the best we could do was a mini-suite. And, if I understand correctly, there are no additional benefits. If there is a family suite, I want to rebook. This will be my first time on princess so I'm trying to learn all the in's and out's. thanks.

What is the family suite and do all ships have them? This is exactly what we were looking for on our Panama cruise on the coral, but I think the best we could do was a mini-suite. And, if I understand correctly, there are no additional benefits. If there is a family suite, I want to rebook. This will be my first time on princess so I'm trying to learn all the in's and out's. thanks.

I know the Grand Class offers the family suites, but not sure about the others like the Coral.

Actually, the family suite is not all it's cracked up to be in the suite category. It is a mini suite and an inside stateroom put together with a common living room. The inside has all the features of an inside stateroom with it's own small bathroom with shower only, but also has a regular door that closes it off from the living room area, and a seperate entrance. The mini suite is exactly like the mini suites onboard, except it shares the common living room. There is no way to close off the living room area from the mini suite, so very little privacy there.

These family suites are not designed like regular suites or do they offer the extras in design that full suites have, but as I mentioned above, an inside stateroom and mini suite combined. The one major issue here is that the first four passengers are charged the FULL SUITE rate, so they are VERY expensive. Fine to be upgraded to if you weren't in a full suite already, but high in price to actually pay for, for what is offered.

They do come with all the full suite amenities, but the design is lacking. Plus they are located at the very front of the ship on Dolphin Deck with a large balcony with one entrance. The wind at the front can be grusome when underway which makes the balcony difficult to use except at slow speeds or in port.

Here are a couple of links to pictures of the interior livingroom and balcony;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79226&d=1210739303

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=79225&d=1210739283

Edited: I just checked the Coral's deck plans and there doesn't appear to be a family suite onboard. I know the Grand Class offered them, but didn't think the Coral did. Sorry! :(

Question the suite unlimited internet also applies to laptops? This has always been something I was curious about.

Whether with a package or totally free if you have a suite, wifi and the Internet Cafe machines are treated equally.

Thanks for the laptop answer, hardly ever use up the free minutes. But our next two week trip I may have to do some work related duties. That can only be done on a lap top so this is good news.

[quote name='Ula']Thanks for the laptop answer, hardly ever use up the free minutes. But our next two week trip I may have to do some work related duties. That can only be done on a lap top so this is good news.[/quote]

They are all free minutes in a suite, no matter how many you use or the device.

Mike:)

Archived