1st HAL Cruise - Check-in Question

SC_Sam

HAL Veterans:

This is our first HAL Cruise, and I've just completed online check-in and printed the "Signature Preferred Boarding Pass." Of course, in doing so, I input the passport and credit card info.

Then, I actually went through the Cruise Docs that arrived a few weeks back and find the "Immigration Questionnaire", which has on one of it's tabs the Credit Card info.

My question is do I still need to complete all or a part (the credit card portion) of the Immigration Questionnaire? It seems redundant, but I'm not completely clear from the documents.

I suppose adding to the confusion is that on the Boarding Pass for Princess and Royal Caribbean that's generated from online check-in, there's a signature line. I'm probably making this harder than it needs to be - just want check-in to go smoothly (in just 17 days!)

Thanks for the info.

Sam

You do not need to put anything on the paper form. That is just for people who don't have computers, or don't want to fill in the information on-line for some reason.

All you will need to check in is the one page Signature Preferred Boarding Pass and your passport. And in a pinch, you don't even need the boarding pass, really. They can look everything up, but having the B.P. makes it easier.

I was surprised when we checked in almost two weeks ago on the Westerdam that the online forms gave HAL everything necessary. I was expecting the woman checking us in to ask for the credit card, but she said everything was taken care of. When we sailed on Celebrity in December, they asked for the credit card to do an imprint of it when we checked in.

The other difference is that the check-in reps take the photos that are linked to your cruise card. On other cruise lines, that was done after check-in by security personnel as we boarded the ship.

Archived