Do you take ear plugs?

On the contrary kewlguy. I like to go to sleep with the radio on or other soft background noise. I can't sleep in the same room as SO without them and yet I can't wait to take the earplugs out in the morning when I have no choice but to wear them and don't use them at all at home.

I don't take earplugs. I've tried them, but they hurt my ears. :( My alternative is to take a white noise machine, (bought at Brookstone), plug headphones into it and sleep with those on. It drowns out hubby's mega snoring noise and everything else. Works for me! :)

ALWAYS!!! My favorite is called QUIET PLEASE - foamy ones you scrunch up and they conform to your ear. I even use them at home to drown out DH's snoring althought sometimes nothing can block that out.

I use earplugs when I am staying in noisy hotel & not used to cars, or whatever. Dont' need it on the ship, really. I like the sound it makes.

They come in colors, with standard colors of the industry. I recommend the orange (most dB protection ). 2 warnings for the new user:

1) At first your ear kind of creates extra ear wax to sort of push out the object (especially on the side you most sleep on), but you adjust (the body is amazing) &

2) As prev member stated, it does sort of hurt at first, but again, you adjust very quickly. The hurt is sort of like if you wore too heavy an earring. Hard to explain, esp to the guys. Or like when your sunglasses push down on your ears, achy.

Tip: roll the earplug and pull down on your earlobe and they go in easily.

TMI about earplugs, but it's helpful. You'll see.

Archived