Just off the Dawn

LMHCruise

Just off the Dawn and have written a full review which should be posted soon...quick comments:

Food: Very average. I feel it should have been better.

Entertainment: Great

Service: Very good

Cabin: Mini-suite very nice and as expected

Overall: Very good expererience

A few annoyances...

Chairs by pool: People putting towels on chairs and leaving for hours at a time. We couldn't find a chair on sea days anywhere near a pool. NCL has a policy against this...I wish they would enforce it.

Dress code: States no shorts at dinner but always allows. I don't have a strong opinion either way but I think if they have a policy, they should follow...or do away with the policy.

we just got off the Dawn also. We never sat near the pool, because like you said, there were never lounges available. We went higher up and there were always lounges there. I agree with you about the food, though. We ate in the speciality restaurants (2x in Impressions, 2x in Cagneys). Liked the buffet. We will cruise NCL next time - would like to try a different ship to see what it's like. Did you find the ocean rough? I was walking sideways for a few days!! (this was our first cruise).

LMHcruise, what types of shorts did you see in the dining rooms? Short shorts, long shorts, jean shorts, dressy shorts? Just curious because I asked a question last week about when capris become shorts...

Thanks in advance,

coka

take the towel, book, shoes off the lounger & use it. When the people show they will see their stuff piled up on the wall and think NCL did it since they tell you it is again the rules.

Shorts are NOT permitted at dinner. They tell you nicely to go change to long pants or a skirt & return. We went to dinner after an excursions & just waked in without thinking of what we are both wearing. We changed & returned. Not even embarrased.

Guess it depends who the Exec Chef is, since some can really cook & teach their staff well and some don't care & it shows.

Just off the Dawn and have written a full review which should be posted soon...quick comments:

Food: Very average. I feel it should have been better.

Entertainment: Great

ink NCL took it to open up the seat.

Service: Very good

Cabin: Mini-suite very nice and as expected

Overall: Very good expererience

A few annoyances...

Chairs by pool: People putting towels on chairs and leaving for hours at a time. We couldn't find a chair on sea days anywhere near a pool. NCL has a policy against this...I wish they would enforce it.

Dress code: States no shorts at dinner but always allows. I don't have a strong opinion either way but I think if they have a policy, they should follow...or do away with the policy.

LMHcruise, whDat types of shorts did you see in the dining rooms? Short shorts, long shorts, jean shorts, dressy shorts? Just curious because I asked a question last week about when capris become shorts...

Thanks in advance,

coka

Definitely not capris...men in shorts (and t-shirts), women in shorts, kids in shorts...and very casual shorts...again, I'm fine with whatever policy there is...I just think if it states no shorts...they should stick to no shorts...

Archived