Going out of Galveston on the Voyager in February???

We typically go in early March. However, we are thinking of going in late February. I am wondering what kind of weather you have had going to Roatan, Costa Maya, etc. in February. Rainy? Cold?

Also, have never been to Roatan, and Costa Maya. What do you like to do there? Is it pretty?

Thanks for any information!

First and last day pretty cold..Pool water never became really useable.Cozamel was really hot,but beach water was still pretty cool.

Roatan was awesome,very hot and great water temp..Costa Maya was still closed on our run,but I would imagine it would be pretty much like Roatan..

Still had a great time,but I missed the pool....Laying out was still OK...

We were delayed 5 hours in Galveston because of fog,so it took us longer on Monday to get to warm air than it normally does.

Have Fun!

We typically go in early March. However, we are thinking of going in late February. I am wondering what kind of weather you have had going to Roatan, Costa Maya, etc. in February. Rainy? Cold?

Also, have never been to Roatan, and Costa Maya. What do you like to do there? Is it pretty?

Thanks for any information!

We've gone in both late January and late Feb....both itineraries. I would advise waiting a bit later.....it was cool everywhere but Roatan, we missed two ports, and the ride was rough both times.

We think a little later is probably better......but, after all, it's all dependent on the weather and that can be awful or beautiful at any of those times. We just didn't have beautiful weather either time.....

We were just on Voyager the last week of February. Leaving Galveston it was mid-50s. First day at sea we were by the pool (OK, we're from MN, so anything in the 60s is wonderful). All ports were warm VERY WARM. On Friday and Saturday the starboard pool was WARM, almost as hot as the hot tub. Port side pool was warm, but not as warm. Weather was HOT Saturday thru the afternoon, then we went thru a "front" and it was cool and rainy thru the evening.

thank you for all your responses. Keep them coming please. Trying to decide between February 21 and April 4. April is more expensive.

Also, why is the Starboard pool warmer? We found that to be true as well. Is it heated?

went out in Feb a few years back, and weather was fine, except for rain on return day--and another 4 or 5 (well seemed like it) ships in the harbor. Taxis were in short supply.

On the way out, we got to Galveston a day early. Good thing we planned it that way. We were the first place out of Baltimore, after desnowing and deicing. Not sure if many others got out. There were a slew of folks who caught up at the first port of call (think it was Cozumel). Major snow storm closed most of the East Coast for a day.

Keep in mind,they weather may be fine,but it will still be cold on day 1 & 6....

Even if its 90 in Galveston, it can be cold on the water.It would be somewhat warmer on deck.....Unless theres a freak cold front...In April....Just MHO...If its not too much more,take the April 4th....Just make sure its not Easter week...than you might have a "too many kids onboard" issue!

I've been on the voyager both in January and March, and both times the days as sea leaving and coming back to Galveston were a little chilly. Weather at the ports were beautiful though. Not too hot and sunny.

Here's something to wet your whistle for Roatan

n667166145_2063786_1844072.jpg

Cruiselover agent. I always look for you when we leave Galveston, I am never sure which one you are:). Hopefully, when we leave Galveston next time, I will find you. I will bet you have a lot of good stories. So, you are the one to see if you want to upgrade at the pier?

I just checked and April 4 is Easter.

thanks for everyones input!

Archived