Freedom!!!

skwirt2

Ok I am starting a new thread about the Freedom;):cool:!! I am cruising for the first time with Carnival on the Freedom in Feb 2010!!! There is another thread that seems to be obsessed with the decor. It is getting long and it is hard to find other topics of discussion. Lets try to keep the decor out of this thread unless you would like to post pics!!!:D I hope there is no offense taken I am just hungry for a peak into the future!!!!:D

http://travel.webshots.com/album/569820890DQPHvV Here's about 700 pictures of our b2b cruise on he Freedom back in January. We had a great time on a beautiful ship. The food was great as was the service. We had the best room steward ever.

And yes, people do get obsessed with the decor. I personally cruise for the vacation and the fun. Oh and the buckets of beer, :D

All I can say is, I hope you have as fantastic a time as we did. I can't wait to book my next cruise, it'll be # 10.

Just booked my Sept. cruise last night on the Carnival Freedom. I am so very excited! Sailed on the Glory Sept. 2007 (my 1st cruise) and had such an amazing week. Originally was sailing on the Glory again, then decided to be adventurous and booked the Freedom. So THANKS for starting this thread. Booked my first balcony cabin and can't wait!! Want to hear more about the ship. I will ignore any negatives....it is my vacation and I will enjoy every minute of it!!:):):)

Wow, when I heard bucket of beer it brought me back to my college days when you got an actual bucket of beer. Looking back at it, pretty gross, considering all the cig ashes and other stuff at the bottom of the bucket, but hey it was college.

Was on the Freedom last week of December & had a blast! The staff was great. Food in the dining room was the best of all my Carnival cruises (up to 13 cruises now with one booked for Aug.). Ate mostly beef & it was so tender (though must warn you medium comes out really rare...but prob. why so tender). When we went on a galley tour we were told they got new grills on the ship that gives the meat the seared lines. Some people don't care for that (I loved it) so for those that don't, they also have the regular grills & will gladly cook the beef on those. Lobster tail was large & delicious. I'm not sure if they kicked things up a notch since it was a New Year's Eve cruise & higher priced but nothing to complain about (not that I do that much anyway...some cooking & clearing up..what's not to like). If you like chocolate, order the warm melting cake & asking for a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream with it. The BEST! There was also a chocolate buffet one afternoon but I ate lunch & didn't have room for any of it. If you want a burger, go to the grill in the back of the ship rather than the center pool area. Back always less crowded.

Upstairs in the buffet area (go up by the big Statue of Liberty...which I thought was great, especially since sailing the Freedom) there is a fish & chips counter. Like Arthur Treacher's & a couple of other seafood items (I'm not too into fish). Even if you don't want the fish there, it is a quite place to sit & eat (get your sodas before going up since no beverage dispensers up there).

DJ Eddie was in the club & my kids & their friends closed the place down every night. May not be there when you go, since your cruise is a while away (think he was on a leave for a bit right after our cruise) but my gang thought he was a great DH & a fun guy.

If you like Beatles music (who doesn't?) then go to see the show Ticket to Ride.

Sign up for Walk for a Cure. $10. donation to help find cure Breast Cancer gets you a t-shirt & you walk with a group for 10 laps (1 mile) up on deck. Nice to be part of something good.

Sure there is plenty more but it's way past my bedtime on a work night so just can't think of anything else.

Was on the Freedom last week of December & had a blast! The staff was great. Food in the dining room was the best of all my Carnival cruises (up to 13 cruises now with one booked for Aug.). Ate mostly beef & it was so tender (though must warn you medium comes out really rare...but prob. why so tender). When we went on a galley tour we were told they got new grills on the ship that gives the meat the seared lines. Some people don't care for that (I loved it) so for those that don't, they also have the regular grills & will gladly cook the beef on those. Lobster tail was large & delicious. I'm not sure if they kicked things up a notch since it was a New Year's Eve cruise & higher priced but nothing to complain about (not that I do that much anyway...some cooking & clearing up..what's not to like). If you like chocolate, order the warm melting cake & asking for a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream with it. The BEST! There was also a chocolate buffet one afternoon but I ate lunch & didn't have room for any of it. If you want a burger, go to the grill in the back of the ship rather than the center pool area. Back always less crowded.

Upstairs in the buffet area (go up by the big Statue of Liberty...which I thought was great, especially since sailing the Freedom) there is a fish & chips counter. Like Arthur Treacher's & a couple of other seafood items (I'm not too into fish). Even if you don't want the fish there, it is a quite place to sit & eat (get your sodas before going up since no beverage dispensers up there).

DJ Eddie was in the club & my kids & their friends closed the place down every night. May not be there when you go, since your cruise is a while away (think he was on a leave for a bit right after our cruise) but my gang thought he was a great DH & a fun guy.

If you like Beatles music (who doesn't?) then go to see the show Ticket to Ride.

Sign up for Walk for a Cure. $10. donation to help find cure Breast Cancer gets you a t-shirt & you walk with a group for 10 laps (1 mile) up on deck. Nice to be part of something good.

Sure there is plenty more but it's way past my bedtime on a work night so just can't think of anything else.

I'm cruising the Freedom in June. I was wondering if the had the Walk for a Cure. I'm glad to hear they do. That was one thing I definately wanted to do.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/569820890DQPHvV Here's about 700 pictures of our b2b cruise on he Freedom back in January. We had a great time on a beautiful ship. The food was great as was the service. We had the best room steward ever.

And yes, people do get obsessed with the decor. I personally cruise for the vacation and the fun. Oh and the buckets of beer, :D

All I can say is, I hope you have as fantastic a time as we did. I can't wait to book my next cruise, it'll be # 10.

WOW...thank you for the pictures!!!;)

Just booked freedom for b2b oct 2010, by the time we go we will know this ship inside out thanks to cruise critic. I love the big ships last two cruises were on glory and valor, loved both. really love the ports for freedom. can't wait. till then live thru all that have gone or going before me.

Just was on the Freedom this past Feb. It was fantastic. The whole staff was great! The disco was hopping everynight and we always ended up there. Great crowd, great fun!!

I agree, don't miss Ticket to Ride. Piano Bar was terrible when we were on....walked in and right back out.

Food was fantastic. The day they have the chocolate buffet, get a cup of the chocolate covered nuts (different kinds) then get the softswirl ice cream and dump the nuts on!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, so good!!

Oh yeah, and if the water aerobics instructor is the same......boy you gotta do it just to watch him......(we were 4 gals celebrating our big 50)

and we had a lot of fun doing this in the mornings!!:D

You will have a wonderful time!!! Have fun!!

We were on the Freedom last year in April, 2 weeks and we do it again! Had a great time, food was good, entertainment good, weather was good, ports were good. It was just a great time. Here are my pics:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2998457&alb=0

You need to download presenter to view (sorry no macs) but it's safe and harmless. Enjoy!

TinaJ

I was aboard Freedom for her March 8th cruise and enjoyed the experience. Lots of excellent musical entertainment during the day and I liked the fact that they rotate the groups through the various lounges. That way, if one has Happy Hour at a particular lounge each day, one experiences different entertainers.

Food quality in the dining room was generally good, but varied more than I expected.

Late night comedy shows in the International Lounge were always packed. Get there early for a seat. Piano Bar was always packed, too.

Stewards and bartenders with whom I had personal contact were friendly. But, I passed many crew members who did not give any recognition that I was a guest whatsoever. This is quite different from what I experience on Holland America.

Drinks were well priced and well made.

Try to have dinner at the Sun King Supper Club. The cuisine and service were the best I have experienced at any ships' extra tariff restaurant.

Standard veranda cabins are well laid out with comfortable beds. The furniture and decking on the veranda is much nicer and higher quality than what I have found on the Grand Class ships of Princess.

I am sure you will enjoy your cruise on Freedom.

What excursions have you done on your itineraries? I am going on the 6 day western caribbean but, I am sure others would be interested in hearing about other itineraries as well. I am interested your reviews and wether you would book thru carnival or on your own!!

Thanks

How do you get to take a tour of the galley?

What excursions have you done on your itineraries? I am going on the 6 day western caribbean but, I am sure others would be interested in hearing about other itineraries as well. I am interested your reviews and wether you would book thru carnival or on your own!!

Thanks

I took no tours at any of the 3 ports inasmuch as I have been to each and prefer to sightsee on my own. I did not leave the secure area of the pier at Ocho Rios. (I have had unpleasant experiences in Jamaica and prefer not to donate any of my money to their economy.)

I am not sure that a galley tour was offered. If there was one, I missed it. Check the Capers; if there is one scheduled it would be listed there.

A person can also call the Pursers desk and ask... we asked on whim when doing other work with them and they informed us days in advance (thus we could plan ahead).

Archived