Liberty - 04/18/09

We are sailing the Liberty on 04/18/09. We have been been to all the islands many times except for Montego. Is Montego similar to Ocho Rios or is it better? Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do there?

Thanks!

Sally

We are sailing the Liberty on 04/18/09. We have been been to all the islands many times except for Montego. Is Montego similar to Ocho Rios or is it better? Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do there?

Thanks!

Sally

When we were on the Liberty in August 2008, we stopped in Montego Bay.

I took my two 20 year olds to the Sunset Beach Resort, which has a day pass program. For $40 each, we could eat and drink as much as we wanted, and use all of the facilities, which included several different beach areas, who-knows-how-many pools, including a wonderful swim-up bar, basketball, mini golf, pool games, kayaks, floats, loungers, on and on and on.

It's walking distance from the pier, but a cab is cheap and preferable.

sbrown201 - you should pop on over to the Roll Call thread, there are about 50+ people all over there on this cruise (me included). You can sign up for the Meet & Mingle Party, if that interests you!

This is our first cruise, and I have been give so much valuable info over there - the people are great!!! :)

I just wanted to address your original question which was " Is Montego similar to Ocho Rios or is it better?". In my opinion these 2 stops are NOT similar. I love Ocho Rios (I know I'm in the minority here) and for me, this is the better stop. We've taken some great excursions at Ocho Rios (we usually opt for water excursions here). But, I always enjoy just visiting "Island Village" or whatever the area is called right there at the pier in Ocho Rios, with all the shops and restaurants and the little beach area. There was nothing that compared to this at Montego. You really must leave the pier area to enjoy Montego (other than to shop the usual shops that pop up at every port in some little building by the ship ;) and since you've been to many islands, you know what I'm talking about!) Montego has lots to offer though, so you just need to do a little research and decide what YOU want to do while you are there. First and foremost...have fun! :D

I just wanted to address your original question which was " Is Montego similar to Ocho Rios or is it better?". In my opinion these 2 stops are NOT similar. I love Ocho Rios (I know I'm in the minority here) and for me, this is the better stop. We've taken some great excursions at Ocho Rios (we usually opt for water excursions here). But, I always enjoy just visiting "Island Village" or whatever the area is called right there at the pier in Ocho Rios, with all the shops and restaurants and the little beach area. There was nothing that compared to this at Montego. You really must leave the pier area to enjoy Montego (other than to shop the usual shops that pop up at every port in some little building by the ship ;) and since you've been to many islands, you know what I'm talking about!) Montego has lots to offer though, so you just need to do a little research and decide what YOU want to do while you are there. First and foremost...have fun! :D

I have to agree. If I had to choose I rather go to Ocho Rios, especially for shopping.

Ditto to Sunset Beach Resort! We did the same thing! We had a wonderful day there. We took a short cab ride to get there (and back). I'd do the same thing again in a heartbeat.

Bonnie,

Do you have to make any arrangements to go to Sunset Beach prior to sailing or can you just take a cab over the day in MB?

Also, I know you are the cabin info expert.

So, I was wondering if you could give me any info on the ov forward facing cabins on the Liberty?

Thanks

Bonnie,

Do you have to make any arrangements to go to Sunset Beach prior to sailing or can you just take a cab over the day in MB?

Also, I know you are the cabin info expert.

So, I was wondering if you could give me any info on the ov forward facing cabins on the Liberty?

Thanks

No prior arrangements are necessary at Sunset Beach Resort (at least it was not necessary when we went 2 years ago). The current rate at Sunset Beach Resort is $60 per adult/$30 per child. This is all-inclusive (food, liquor, non-motorized water activites). It was much cheaper when we went in 2007. Here is a link to their website...

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

Archived