view from partially obstructed cabin

kentsabode

I had a 'Partially Obstructed" view room on the Westerdam a couple of years ago, and if you don't mind looking at a "Big" spool of greasy wire outside your window, hey go for it. Now granted, you can see the water between the boats and their davits, but that spool of wire ruined it for me.

Happy Cruising.

We had an obstructed view on the Eurodam-- right smack in the middle of the lifeboat. Floor to ceiling windows-- so great light and if you looked off to the side you could see the water but it was a lot more obstructed than the one in Rev. Neals photo. Didn't matter to us since we were traveling with friends and knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the cabin! Hope you have a great cruise!

We saved alot of $$ by choosing an obstructed oceanview. Yes, there is an obstruction but the cabin had floor to ceiling window and was definitely very bright. We kept the shears closed and you did not see the obstruction...

This was our cabin ... see for yourself...

DSCN1159.jpg

We had a partially obstructed cabin on the Amsterdam last year, which we booked without realizing the obstruction. We were directly under a lifeboat on Lower Promenade deck, so there was also a public walkway outside our window. While less than ideal, we didn't have a problem with the view. You get plenty of light, and you can see the general weather outside, if you're close to land, etc.

I've enclosed a photo, which was taken from our cabin while the lifeboats were away tendering. So the view was somewhat more obstructed that you see here, but not bad. If you can imagine the top third of the image obstructed, you'll get the idea.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

270.jpg.9bd1e680b830c817b3f3d63b4a0cd788.jpg

Hi

On looking at the photo's of rev neal it looks as if the windows are floor to ceiling. Are they all like that on upper prom G grade, all the plans on Hal's website show a window with bed underneath. In the photo's they show the bed to the side and full length window which would be brill.

Carole

Hi

On looking at the photo's of rev neal it looks as if the windows are floor to ceiling. Are they all like that on upper prom G grade, all the plans on Hal's website show a window with bed underneath. In the photo's they show the bed to the side and full length window which would be brill.

Carole

the cabin we had had the bed to the side and full length windows (see the picture I posted in post # 5) This is typical of obstructed oceanviews on Vista class.

We had a partially obstructed cabin on the Amsterdam last year, which we booked without realizing the obstruction. We were directly under a lifeboat on Lower Promenade deck,

On the Amsterdam, that wouldn't be considered an obstructed view. On the Amsterdam, and similar ships, the obstruction is the bulkhead across the deck from your window.

Hi

Carole

Carole, I'm pretty sure that all the "obstructed" cabins on the U Promenade on Vistas and Eurodam have the layout shown in RevNeal's photos! I think I might prefer it to the regular oceanview with the bed under the window.......seems more light and spacious.

Archived