Have you parasailed at Nachi Cocom? Need Q's answered!

Valeri8806

We'll be at Nachi Cocom in a couple weeks and are planning on parasailing. I saw this video on youtube on parasailing at Nachi:

It doesn't look like you go very high, like some of the other parasailing places. Also, in this video, the people appear to be sitting front to back. Can you not sit side by side? All of the tandem parasail videos I have seen before show the people side by side with a bar above them that they can hang on to.... now I'm questioning if this is really a good place to parasail!

My daughter and friend are booked for parasailing at Nachi Cocom in a couple of weeks so naturally I had to open your thread!

When I viewed the YouTube video, the next video that YouTube offered was called something like Nachi Cocom Beach (by a person called Sue, I think). I can't post the link here because I can't get to YouTube on this computer (long story). Anyway, if you look at that video, it looks like the parasailing gets up to a higher altitude, than it does in the video you referenced. On the other hand, in that second video there's only one passenger. On the other other hand, in "your" video, the second passenger is a fairly small girl, so extra weight wouldn't seem to be (much) of a factor.

As far as side-by-side, it's just a little unclear. I agree that it does appear that the passengers are front and back, but it's not 100 percent definite. I HOPE that the parasailing is fun and exciting. For my daughter, at this point, it's the thing she's most looking forward to on the cruise, her friend too. So it had better be big time fun and excitement!

We're booked at Nachi Cocom on April 23rd so in a little over two weeks, I'll have my answer.

My daughter and friend are booked for parasailing at Nachi Cocom in a couple of weeks so naturally I had to open your thread!

When I viewed the YouTube video, the next video that YouTube offered was called something like Nachi Cocom Beach (by a person called Sue, I think). I can't post the link here because I can't get to YouTube on this computer (long story). Anyway, if you look at that video, it looks like the parasailing gets up to a higher altitude, than it does in the video you referenced. On the other hand, in that second video there's only one passenger. On the other other hand, in "your" video, the second passenger is a fairly small girl, so extra weight wouldn't seem to be (much) of a factor.

As far as side-by-side, it's just a little unclear. I agree that it does appear that the passengers are front and back, but it's not 100 percent definite. I HOPE that the parasailing is fun and exciting. For my daughter, at this point, it's the thing she's most looking forward to on the cruise, her friend too. So it had better be big time fun and excitement!

We're booked at Nachi Cocom on April 23rd so in a little over two weeks, I'll have my answer.

We will be there on the 24th!

Our daughters parasailed at Nachi Cocum last month and loved it! I was in the boat with them taking pictures (they charged me $10 to ride along). The harness attached to the parasail they went on had room for three people - two in the back and one in the front. There was another girl about their age on the boat, and our two girls had the choice of going up together or having the other girl go up at the same time. The three of them decided to go all at once, and had a marvellous time talking while they were up there about everything they were seeing. It seemed that they went up quite high, and it was very professional and well-organized. Hope your daughter and her friend have a great time too!

Mousegirl, thanks for your information! When I viewed the video I thought it MIGHT be something like you described -- it sort of looks like there somebody you never saw doing the videoing. Looking forward to our cruise and ending it (well, except for our final sea day) at Nachi Cocom and parasailing!

My two teenagers parasailed a few week ago at Nachi. It was a spur of the moment thing. They went together and were side by side. It seemed to me like they went really high and they also were up there for a long time. I don't remember the cost... $100 something. I think it's less if you reserve online ahead of time? At least that's what I've read here on the boards.

They had a great time and I felt like the drivers and those in charge did a good (and safe) job.

B&Lmom is right - it would have been $90 for our two daughters if we had booked in advance, but we couldn't decide ahead of time whether they would be brave enough to do it or not. As it was, we ended up paying $120 for them, so anyone considering it should definitely book in advance through the Island Marketing website when you make your Nanchi Cocum reservation!

Probably booking your parasailing at the same time as you make your Nachi Cocom reservation would be best/safest thing to do (as far as getting the $90 tandem rate), but I was able (apparently) to add it a month or two later by paying an additional $10 deposit (with $80 more to come on the day). So if you decide later you may be able to still get the $90/tandem price, just probably not on the day you're there.

• 1 year later...

Archived