Carnival Legend: HELP with Balcony Cabins

Eeyoregon

Hi. Brand new to Carnival. Trying to book the Legend and I am overwhelmed by the amount of balcony choices!

Is one category better than another?

Is the "extended" balcony that much bigger than a regular?

Are there "secret" balconies that are better/bigger.

It has to be a cabin that can accomodate 4 adults.

Anything we should avoid?

TIA!!!

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed in the Aft balconies category 8I like on deck 5 or 7? I am wondering if we got side-by-sides would we be able to see each other out on the balcony or are there solid walls between the balconies?

There is not a big choice for 'aft' cabins that accomodate 4! When you go to the websites, make sure you enter '4'....:)

All of them will only show you the cabins available.. Naturally, you could try for a lower category of BL cabin, and book two... More bathrooms, and some, the partitions between the balonies open..!!:D

Good luck....!:p

Thanks guys! I appreciate the insight and pictures.

I have booked 8G #6232. I also tried to book the one right next to it with the equally as large balcony (there are 6-8 of us going) but the Carnival rep told me that the other cabin is wheelchair modified and if we booked it and a handicap person needed it, we would be bumped/moved and I don't want to chance my friends ending up 5 decks away!

Gina

I have booked 8G #6232. I also tried to book the one right next to it with the equally as large balcony (there are 6-8 of us going) but the Carnival rep told me that the other cabin is wheelchair modified and if we booked it and a handicap person needed it, we would be bumped/moved and I don't want to chance my friends ending up 5 decks away!

Gina

Congrats on snagging 6232! ;)

I hope you find another cabin close by for your friends so you won't have to give up that great balcony! (How about 6224 or 6273? - not "next door" but pretty close by.) Even two adjoining quads with regular balconies won't have as big a balcony as 6232 by itself.

Taking a quick glance at the deck plans, I don't see any aft balconies on Legend that are quads. :(

Congrats on snagging 6232! ;)

Taking a quick glance at the deck plans, I don't see any aft balconies on Legend that are quads. :(

Woohoo...I am so excited and can't thank you enough for the inside tip on this cabin!!

My other friends might book one of the aft balcony cabins that hold 3.

Now I just have to wait 550 days :rolleyes:.

Gina

Woohoo...I am so excited and can't thank you enough for the inside tip on this cabin!!

My other friends might book one of the aft balcony cabins that hold 3.

Now I just have to wait 550 days :rolleyes:.

Gina

You are certainly more than welcome - I learned about 6232 here on cc boards - I am excited that you were able to book it! :)

The same balcony is above on deck 7 and 8- (the side cabins on each of those decks are handicapped cabins)

Dividers on this class of ship are removed-- not just opened-- which for me is nicer.

• 3 months later...

Still wondering if you get a breeze on your balcony in 6232 on the Legend with it set back like it is. Also, what about noise from the white space. I have heard it is the ice machine, stairs for the crew, laundry room so it will be interesting to see what it really is....maybe a combination of all.

Still wondering if you get a breeze on your balcony in 6232 on the Legend with it set back like it is. Also, what about noise from the white space. I have heard it is the ice machine, stairs for the crew, laundry room so it will be interesting to see what it really is....maybe a combination of all.

The white area across from here is crew stairs - these are also the stairs used for the muster drill.

You wont find ice machines on public decks.

(I dont recall a laundry room here- laundry rooms are across the back hall on deck 5)

if the moved it please let me know

I was told that 6232 by the Carnival rep who originally booked that cabin that it was behind the laundry room, where they store sheets and towels.

actually its across the hall- by the term laundry room I thought you meant the public laundry room that is used by the passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
Still wondering if you get a breeze on your balcony in 6232 on the Legend with it set back like it is.

I am curious too! To those who have stayed in this cabin, is there a downside to it's location and the fact that it is inset?

Gina

• 6 months later...

Many months have come and gone since I posted this thread and I am equally as excited about cabin 6232 as I was back then! Plus, the price dropped another $100!!

I don't see that anyone ever replied to the "is there a breeze" on the balcony?

TIA!

Oh, and my friends went economical and booked inside #6287 just around the corner...we can hang out on my balcony :D!

Gina

• 1 month later...

Gina

We just returned from the Spirit cruise ship (same deck plan as the legend)... we had 6232 - it was awesome! The balcony is HUGE, plenty of breeze as well. Not to mention that my mom had the room next door (6234) so we had them open the balcony partition up. It was like a football field!!

We didn't hear any noise at all from the storage/towel room next door. My mom had room 6234 and said there was a lot of noise partly because her beds were faced with the headboard on the interior hallway wall if that makes sense. She said she heard people walking by all the time. There is a storage room across the hall (from 6234) so when the crew opened it, she heard that noise as well. Also, she didn't have as much closet space as we did due to the room set up and the larger wheelchair roll in bathroom.

You will love 6232! I tried to book it for next year already and it's taken :( so I'm having to prepare myself for a smaller balcony but oh well, the trip will still be worth it!

We just returned from the Spirit cruise ship (same deck plan as the legend)... we had 6232 - it was awesome! The balcony is HUGE, plenty of breeze as well. Not to mention that my mom had the room next door (6234) so we had them open the balcony partition up. It was like a football field!!

We didn't hear any noise at all from the storage/towel room next door. My mom had room 6234 and said there was a lot of noise partly because her beds were faced with the headboard on the interior hallway wall if that makes sense. She said she heard people walking by all the time. There is a storage room across the hall (from 6234) so when the crew opened it, she heard that noise as well. Also, she didn't have as much closet space as we did due to the room set up and the larger wheelchair roll in bathroom.

You will love 6232! I tried to book it for next year already and it's taken :( so I'm having to prepare myself for a smaller balcony but oh well, the trip will still be worth it!

Thank you so much for your review!!! I am more excited than ever! How many chairs and what type did it have on it? Any loungers?

Thanx!

gina

• 2 weeks later...

Well we have been back for a while, and while I'm researching our next cruise I found this post. 6232 will have 4 chairs on the deck. We ended up right above in 7258 on the Legend, and it was the largest balcony you could imagine. Think party for twenty, so you are so going to enjoy this!!! We started out with 5 chairs on our balcony, but they took one away after the first day. Yes there was a breeze, you are going to get the morning sun while cruising, and I am so jealous !I really loved this cruise, and the destinations that we went to(sub in Cayman, shopping and Higlights tour in Cozumel, snorkeling at Goff's Caye, and nothing, ah wonder ful nothing in Honduras). I hope that you have a wonderful time!:)

Archived