Walking Tour of Tallinn now in pdf format

Thanks for those comments chcats, leranbaum and bam1958. I hope your day in Tallinn will be with nice weather.

I might add, with regards to another post about guided tours in Tallinn, that when we were there a very large group of Italians were with one guide from the Costa cruise line ship. There must have been thirty or more people and there was no way that they could all understand what the guide was saying because the streets and most scenic spots are too tight and narrow. Reading about their itenerary you will find that I covered the highlights the guide company lists plus some more of the actual walk from the ship and back.

My point is that Tallinn is so easy to do on your own that it is really a waste of time and money to take a tour to see Old Town. It is one place where you can have more fun exploring. Of course, having a bit of knowledge about the main attractions helps. Other places are not necessarily so, because in Gdansk, for example, we did a guided tour via the ship.

If there are any readers from a Costa trip, I would like to hear from them about their experience in Tallinn.

Thank you so much lair bear for all the work you have done to make travel easier and more enjoyable for others. We now have expert advice to follow on our baltic cruise. Can't wait to get lost in tallinn!!!!

Having now returned, I can agree with all that Tallinn really is quite lovely. The walk from the port berth to the city walls took slow 15 mins and whilst we walked pretty much all over the town and back to the ship, the walk up to Toompea was too much for my mum so we sadly missed that bit.

Thanks Lair Bear for the walking tour - it was great!

I know recognise most of the photos posted on this thread;)

Linda

Hi Linda -- Unless we taxi to Toompea, we'll have to miss it too because of my husband's leg problems. Did you feel you had a good time skipping Toompea?

• 1 month later...
Hi Linda -- Unless we taxi to Toompea, we'll have to miss it too because of my husband's leg problems. Did you feel you had a good time skipping Toompea?

The walk up to Toompea on the backside, via the road running beside Kik in de Kok, isn't as arduous. Certainly not as steep as the walk up the cobbled street in the old town. Just a thought, in case that might work for him. Edit: The road is called Komandandi tee.

Edited by bigwally

I have to add my thanks for putting together this great guide to Old Tallinn. If people do nothing except wander around and take time to enjoy the views they will have had a great day. This was one of the alltime favorite stops.

• 2 years later...
Is there any way to see the actual website - I have *** in my file, so I cannot get to it - any help is appreciated. I'm going on the Holland America - out of Copenhagen on June 24th. Thanks

For some reason, CC will not allow posting of the weblink for Lair Bear's Tallinn walking tour.

here is the address:

www dot brent jes (this is one word...there is no space between brent & jes) dot com/tallinnwalk dot html

Edited by dogs4fun

For some reason, CC will not allow posting of the weblink for Lair Bear's Tallinn walking tour.

here is the address:

www dot brent jes (this is one word...there is no space between brent & jes) dot com/tallinnwalk dot html

You should work for the CIA :) Great way to get around the prohibition and provide the link to us.

LB, these were great - we are planning to go to Amsterdam after our cruise on June 24th, so we will use your walking tour for both Tallinn and Amsterdam.

We are also stopping in Helsinki, Stockholm, Kiel (which we plan to go to Lubeck from there) and Warnemunde (which we plan to go to Rostov) - we thought we would do touring on our own in each of these places and do either a Holland America excursion in St. Petersburg or a local excursion - any more suggestions/guidance. Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...

here is the address:

Looks like a great way to spend the day. And thanks, detective dogsforfun, for figuring out how to access the pdf.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - just joined this forum and found your links to PDFs for Tallinn etc which sound great! But I can't download them from the link - just get an error message that the URL is incomplete! I have an Apple computer, so this may be part of the problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated as we are cruising the Baltic in June

Cheers

Ron (aka kayakron)

Hi - just joined this forum and found your links to PDFs for Tallinn etc which sound great! But I can't download them from the link - just get an error message that the URL is incomplete! I have an Apple computer, so this may be part of the problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated as we are cruising the Baltic in June

Cheers

Ron (aka kayakron)

Scroll up to my previous post and you will find the web address. It does work. :)

jill

• 3 weeks later...

Lair Bear, my DD and I just decided today that we'll be taking a Baltics cruise next year so I've begun my research--love researching before a cruise! I did a search and your thread popped up. Like others, I so appreciate the time you put into these and will definitely be using the Talinn and Brugge tours. THANK YOU! And, thanks to the previous poster who spelled out the links!

Cheers!

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

• 4 weeks later...
Dear Lair Bear,

Thank you for the information. You must have put in lots of time to do this. I will be in Tallin in May and I am sure I will have a great time following your pathway. Your effort and help are very much appreciated.

Travel Fairy

I am from Toronto and wouldnt mind touching base in an effort to make private shore excursions arrangements. i am going on my own on Costa Deliziosa May 14 and 25 out of Amsterdam.

Lair Bear, sorry to ask, but what do the asterisks stand for?

Not Lair Bear, but I can answer the question for you. Apparently, we're not allowed to post links on the messsage board and when the name is stripped out it's replaced with ********. Take a look at post #85 and you'll see how to access Lair Bear's site. His walking tours are definitely worth taking a look at. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...