Cabins to avoid - royal caribbean

05mak05

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just booked a family ocean view guarantee room. I was told by my TA that I would not be put into a lower room. At the time of the booking this was the most expensive OV room. Now 2 days later I checked my reservations and fot the FO room guarantee it says they can put us into any OV room. I do not want a floor any lower than the 6th fl which I told the TA that and she called RC and they asuured her that wouldn't happe. However now seeing the reservation I'm not so sure. The only cabins available above the 6th floor were balcony rooms. Should I just call back and get a balcony room or hope I get the Fo which is what I really want. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank-you

Barbara

• 3 weeks later...

Two years ago we stayed in suite 1568 on the Mariner of the Seas.

Loved the location.

Minimal noise from above or the utility area catey-corner to the door.

The only noise we got was from the door bell ringing before 1am. when the young'ns would be playing DING-DONG-DITCH. One complaint to the main desk and the problem was solved.

Safe travels.

Hello there, does anyone know when RCI allocate guarantee staterooms? I'm now questioning my madness in booking a guarantee, but am wondering if they allocate early enough and I'm not happy, I could try and move even if I have to pay extra. RCI have told me I can move category. I've booked an OV guarantee. We are really not too worried where we will be except I don't fancy somewhere VERY noisy. Thank you!

Actually I've just looked again and they've allocated our room... deck 2 room 2324 which is an 'Accessible' stateroom. It's further down that the room that is talked about in this thread (I think Sunshine). Anyone has any comments please?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? How is the noise an most of all the view?

We love cabin 9692!

We did not hear any noise. A slight vibration is detectable but not significant.

Nothing like looking at the wake. The superstructure on the back of the ship becomes part of the scenery. Looks great in photos. Having 2 lounge chairs, table and two sit up chairs on the deck is wonderful. We enjoyed breakfast outside in the AM, sunbathing in the afternoon, (no chair hogs - chairs always available!) and cocktails before dinner. We could invite friends and there was room for everyone to sit.

It is a very long walk so don't forget anything when you leave the cabin. It is pretty open, the only shade comes from an overhead beam so, if it rains, you won't be able to sit outside. The cabin above can look down on you and you can look down on the cabin balcony below.

We booked 9392 for this year because 9692 was not available.

Edited by DianeMMHH

Hello fellow cruisers, I'm new onboard and I have a dilemma. Is cabin #2640 on RCI Adventure of the Seas a good choice? It's on Deck 2, Ocean View and near the aft? Above is Vivaldi Dining Room and below, engines??? I've read that being seasick prone, having a lowest deck is ideal but how about the noise level above and below? Or I should go for #6373 Inside Cabin. I'm given very limited choice as these are under the special senior rates. I'm so lost now and I need to book soon ... its for a 7 Nights Southern Caribbean on Mar 28 2010. Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

If you're prone to motion sickness, I'd suggest booking a cabin midship, a low deck. I had an inside midship on deck 3, Radiance, and didn't get sick once. I know I don't have to book an OV, or I'll have a tendency to look outside at the waves, and that's when I'll get sick. But a low deck midship would be perfect I think. Whatever cabin you chose, have a great cruise

Cindy

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that info. You have any pics? Are u able to lounge on the balcony an see the water without having to look through all those beams. I did not realize the aft on this ship was so different than others I have seen. Don't like they can look down at me or me look down at them. is there a small cover at all? I would think there would be. I liked it because there did not seem to be anything like dining or dancing below or above I have had that before an made for some restless nights. I enjoy hanging on my deck an relaxing i don't get into the noise at the pools but do enjoy a hot tub at night. Do they deliver dinner menu to the room on this ship? I always bring wine an relax in my room do they still allow u to bring wine on? This will be my first aft. do u think I will be impressed or try for a balcony on side ship?

We love cabin 9692!

We did not hear any noise. A slight vibration is detectable but not significant.

Nothing like looking at the wake. The superstructure on the back of the ship becomes part of the scenery. Looks great in photos. Having 2 lounge chairs, table and two sit up chairs on the deck is wonderful. We enjoyed breakfast outside in the AM, sunbathing in the afternoon, (no chair hogs - chairs always available!) and cocktails before dinner. We could invite friends and there was room for everyone to sit.

It is a very long walk so don't forget anything when you leave the cabin. It is pretty open, the only shade comes from an overhead beam so, if it rains, you won't be able to sit outside. The cabin above can look down on you and you can look down on the cabin balcony below.

We booked 9392 for this year because 9692 was not available.

Thanks for that info. You have any pics? Are u able to lounge on the balcony an see the water without having to look through all those beams. I did not realize the aft on this ship was so different than others I have seen. Don't like they can look down at me or me look down at them. is there a small cover at all? I would think there would be. I liked it because there did not seem to be anything like dining or dancing below or above I have had that before an made for some restless nights. I enjoy hanging on my deck an relaxing i don't get into the noise at the pools but do enjoy a hot tub at night. Do they deliver dinner menu to the room on this ship? I always bring wine an relax in my room do they still allow u to bring wine on? This will be my first aft. do u think I will be impressed or try for a balcony on side ship?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anyone have any problems while staying in 1568 - Grand Suite on the Voyger of the Seas?

Oh I am sorry for butting in on this particular thread, I have been trying for hours to find a way to put on a question (or new thread) I think I must be having a senior moment can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Don't book Balcony cabin 6298, it has water pipes running up the balcony and very noisy so much so that you can't keep your balcony door open. We have stayed on the other side of the same ship and no noise at all.

Booked Adventure of the Seas cabin 7598 for next year, anybody any complaints with this cabin?

Thanks

Edited by harvey27

Oh I am sorry for butting in on this particular thread, I have been trying for hours to find a way to put on a question (or new thread) I think I must be having a senior moment can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

at the bottom of the page listing the threads.. you will see "new threads" click on that and there you go to create a new thread

I just noticed that this was for RCI cabins and it's a great idea. My husband and I are planning a cruise on the Serenade. We are both light sleepers, so which rooms do you recommend and which rooms should we stay away from. We are not interested in a balcony, just maybe a room with a porthole or to where we are able to look outside. Thanks for your help !

Edited by funbythedozen

• 1 month later...