LeHavre to Paris

I know we will not have much time in Paris..but does anyone know how much time we will actually have? And if you are with a ship's tour..is there time to walk around? Just what exactly do you do, I guess that is what l'm trying to find out.

Thanks..

Dream on 9/22/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheDivineMsM:

I know we will not have much time in Paris..but does anyone know how much time we will actually have? And if you are with a ship's tour..is there time to walk around? Just what exactly do you do, I guess that is what l'm trying to find out.

Thanks..

_Dream on 9/22/04 _

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would post this on the cruiseline's message board as those who have been may have a quicker answer for you.

Karen

Ü

I forget to mention that the usual ships tour may be noted at about 10/11 hours..there is 3 hours of travel time both ways.If they do a bus tour you will see most of the sights,probably have lunch,and maybe a little time to yourself,but not to take off some place as you do not want to miss the bus.You probably can get a transfer to and from Paris on the bus..go out on your won and then meet the bus for pick up back to port.

If you choose not to go to paris you can go to Honfleur or take the local boat to Deauville,a beach resort not far away.

Karen

Ü

We have always had a dilemma when going into LeHavre. My wife and I truly love Paris, and hate to ever pass-up an opportunity to visit. However, a 6 hour round trip bus ride for about 5 hours in town is not the best way to enjoy Paris. This being said, I can only tell you of one of our early trips to Paris. We were strolling along the Rue de Rivoli (not far from the Louvre) enjoying a gorgeous day. We saw a tour bus stopped in awful traffic with all the noses pushed up against the window as they gazed out at this wonderful street with its shops, cafes, and atmosphere. My wife looked at me and said something like "what an awful way to see Paris,, through a bus window." A tour will probably get you to Notre Dame, possibly the Eiffel Tower, and let you see a lot of streets between the two. But, you will miss the real soul of this wonderful city which is best seen from a well-placed outdoor cafe as you sip your wine, beer, cafe au Lait, etc. If you decide to go on your own and use the ships transfers, they will probably drop you (and pick you up) at the Place de Concorde (I tell you this so you can plan accordingly).

Hank

If she uses the tranfers,and the drop off and pick up is the Place de Concorde then she can walk some of the rue de Rivoli for some good quick shopping,some tea at Angelina's and take in some of the Louvre.I love that area of Paris!!! Also, the hop/on bus stops right there as well.

Karen

Ü

Hi Karen...

I appreciate your help..but since l am 'getting old' think l will stick to the ships' tour; at least l will be supervised in case my 'senior moments' become 'senior hours/days. I've never been to Europe..who would have thought at this late date, l would be striking out on my own! But l can die happy knowing I've been to Paris..even for a few hours and seeing her thru the windows of a tour/boat bus. icon_wink.gif

Dream on 9/22/04

Dear Divine,

Have a wonderful time..you will..

but by all means..take that bus ride and enjoy what time you get in Paris..it is the most beautiful city in the world..even through a bus window.

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheDivineMsM:

Hi Karen...

I appreciate your help..but since l am 'getting old' think l will stick to the ships' tour; at least l will be supervised in case my 'senior moments' become 'senior hours/days. I've never been to Europe..who would have thought at this late date, l would be striking out on my own! But l can die happy knowing I've been to Paris..even for a few hours and seeing her thru the windows of a tour/boat bus. icon_wink.gif

_Dream on 9/22/04 _

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You go girl!!!! I usually always suggest that a first timer to Europe do the ships tours no matter what the age.Who knows,you may like this trip so much you will book yourself a week in Paris next year!!!One is never to old to enjoy new things when they are able.I hope you have a wonderful cruise and just live it up!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Karen

Ü

If there is a tour that includes a "Bateau Mouche" tour...you will see a lot in a very pleasant way! We had lunch on one and dinner the very next day. It is a most wonderful experience to let Paris "float by!"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;28;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

...until our August 28, 2004 Splendour of the Seas

Nanette:

Is the Splendour cruise a repo by any chance. The shipis going to be here in Tampa for the season. We went on her for our Norway cruise and still think she is our favorite large ship.

Our review of the Transat on Caronia is on the Cunard board around April 1.

Flick (used to be FlRick, long story...)

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

The train only takes two hours from LeHavre to Paris. There is, of course, always the risk of not making the ship on your return. For this reason we spent the day in Rouen instead and gave ourselves plenty of leeway time. ALso took th etrain to Brugges and cut it a bit close taking the last shuttle from the train station back to the ship.

Diamond Princess 03/04

Sun Princess 12/03

Grand Princess 12/02

Royal Princess 08/02

Ocean Princess 08/01

Pacific Princess 12/00

Carla C. 03/83

Archived