what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....:D

With out a doubt the funniest post I have read on these boards yet.

...so I was walking down to the restaurant with my stuffed bird on the shoulder of my life jacket, trying to keep my Burger King crown on with one hand, when this wig comes at my face from nowhere....:D

That was a scream!! and it was 6 months ago... I wasn't even around then... so glad to have that one brought back to life!!

ROFL!!!:D

DH reminded me of this the other day and I thought I'd share it.

We were on the Fantasy in '98 at the late comedy show, adult only. Toward what became the end of his show he was polling audience members about what they or their partners called a certain peice of anatomy. Ex. moisture seeking missle, Dick Little...guy's real name was Richard Little, The General, and so on. He gets to this lovely Indian (I think, don't flame me) lady, dressed to the nines in a beautiful sari, and her answer was, and I quote " I don't call it, it just comes", everyone there burst out laughing, and the comedian, once he stopped laughing decided to end it on that note. Like he said, he couldn't top that. His show that night ran less than 30 minutes.

Maybe you had to be there, but it still makes us laugh.:)

On my first cruise on the Jubilee, we were at the disco a little early (they hadn't even started the music.) We noticed an elderly couple (probably in their 80's) sitting off to the side. DH and I were wondering if they were lost or something. The music started and it was loud with a lot of base, so we figured the couple would leave. The next time we looked over at them the woman was sitting there really enjoying the rap music with a drink in her hand, and the man had a smile on his face and his fingers stuck in his ears. They stayed there for about another hour or so.

DH and I went over to say hi to them and get a picture of them with the man's fingers in his ears. He didn't mind.

Hilarious sight. :D

The craziest thing I have ever seen on a cruise, A man walking around the ship with a stupied stuffed bird on his shoulder, with a stick hanging down from the bird so that he could make the head move around!! What an awful joke that was!!! He must of thought it was funny, but everyone else thought it was very dumb!!!!!

I can't believe what some people will do to be noticed..

I think that is cool he had a sense of humor. I would have loved it! You would have hated us...on a recent cruise one of our friends could not go so we made a life sized cardboard cut out of her and brought her to the disco, boat drill and even dinner one night. Oh, yeha you'd hate us..we bring trolls with us and have all kinds of Props and "antics" supplies. :D Lighten up!

We were aboard the "last cruise" of the original "Love Boat" (Pacific Princess) from NY to Rome 2 years ago. There was a couple aboard who each carried a Teddy Bear with them, everywhere, all day long. Whenever they sat down to eat or drink, the bears sat on the table and "shared" with them. Whenever they won at Trivia (which seemed like every day) the bears collected the prizes. I think the bears even had different outfits, including tux and formal for the formal nights. Everyone on board was familiar with the "bear people".

Makes me feel a little less weird with my troll and stuff...

There was a woman on our June 2004 NCL cruise who wore these crazy hats all the time. One looked like a birthday cake, one was remenisent of The Cat In the Hat, one had an alligator head and tail. I saw her in the dinning room one night, dressed up nicely, but had the birthday hat on. She appeared to be having a blast, so, I say, "to each their own!"

My husband would probably kill me if he read this, but here goes...

We were on SOS last May for our Anniversary and got addicted to watching the karoeke every night. We got up at one point and sang "I got you babe". The last night of the cruise, my DH finally gave into my dare from night #1. He got up in front of about 200 people and sang "Man, I Feel Like a Woman"! Complete with swaying hips and swinging the microphone. One of the ladies in the group next to me actually peed her pants! I've never laughed so hard in my entire life...my kingdom for a video camera... :D

Gina

We were on the Voyager with the first Hogs on the High Seas group. We found out that there were about 1500 bikers on that cruise when we first arrived at the pier. While waiting to pass through security. Two of the biker ladies arrived with their husbands. They both had on shorts and shirts, but what made them unusual were both had a squirrel tail attached to the rear of their shorts. It was interesting to talk to some of the couples, and hear the husbands/boy friends complain about how they were being forced to go on a dumb cruise by their wives/girlfriends.

About two days into the cruise, these same guys were on the elevator with us and were going on and on about how great their vacation was and how cruising was the only way to go.

This was a pretty fun group, and we had a good time talking to many of them. There was a lot of entertainment provided by the bikers when they were coming back from Carlos and Charlies just before the ship sailed one evening. There was apparently a woman, about two decks down and several cabins away from us that was flashing people on the pier when they returned to the ship. People on the pier were hooting and hollering, and taking pictures. Never did find out who she was (darn it)

Hypo

Hypo -

We too were on the same cruise! What an experience! If you look back far enough in this thread you'll see my post that came from this cruise. We were going to the first formal dinner in full length sequience gown and DH in a tux while the lady walking in to the dining room in front of us was wearing a black leather tank top and black leather chaps. Looked to my husband and said, do you think I'm a bit overdressed?! DH replies, "dear if you are wearing undergarments and not showing your bare a$$ then yes you are overdressed compared to this woman!"

This might not be weird to some, but I have lived a sheltered life... on our Honeymoon on the Conquest last August, we were on board with about 800-1000 "Women of Distinction" ... black lesbians. You sure could tell which one was the boy and which one was the girl... Nice expensive mens suits, and awesome formal dresses... but too weird for us country bumpkins!! There was also 2 other groups and one was a church group... they were the unholiest people I have ever seen... fights constantly, puking in the floors, putting cigarettes out in the carpet. One kid was going from table to table spitting in all the ketchup bottles!!! GROSS!!!!

The craziest thing I have ever seen on a cruise, A man walking around the ship with a stupied stuffed bird on his shoulder, with a stick hanging down from the bird so that he could make the head move around!! What an awful joke that was!!! He must of thought it was funny, but everyone else thought it was very dumb!!!!!

I can't believe what some people will do to be noticed..

This reminds me of this Puerto Rican man on my cruise last summer on the Carnival Destiny. This was a somewhat older man, and he always carried around this wooden snake on his neck.. and he insisted it was real! When you would notice it, he would start making a hissing noise and would try to convince you that it was really hissing.. and I have a picture of it too!

http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=Sara754&P=&AID=1758690&IID=81681553&T=1

This is a rather...embarrising story that happened to me last summer on the elation...

I'm 15, and my mom and I were cruing and we always went to the game shows, so one night we went before dinner and I was wearing this rather short skirt and I wanted to avoid pantylines so of course...I chose an alternative type of underwear to wear under my skirt. So the theater is full of people watching this game show and low and behold MY NAME GETS CALLED1 I'm so excited at this point I jump up and run up the stairs really fast, jumping up and down and what not and I see my mom cracking up and I start hearing these whistles, my skirt kept flopping up and everyone got a nice view of my rear, which looked liek I was wearing no underwear at all...needless to say I was mortified.

• Like 1

September 04, my sweet sweet boyfriend decides to take me on my first cruise, 7 days to Alaska on Radiance of the Seas. We had a great and pretty much uneventful week until the night of the farewell show. When we got to the theater there were very few seats left so he dragged me over to a barstool and sat me down. Well turns out not every seat in that theater is perfect, there was a very large post blocking my view of a large part of the stage. So me unthinking and after 7 days of constant companionship blurts out " I dont' wanna sit here, I can't f*%&ing see" at considerably more volume than is generally acceptable. Poor guy went purple when about 50 people in the balcony turned around and just glared at my faux pas. All he could do was walk away and pretend he wasn't with me. Anyway, if you were there I apologize, and not to worry, we have our next 2 cruises booked and I have been brushing up on my public manners.:o

• Like 1

This past February my DH and I cruised the eastern Caribbean on the Star Princess. I'm an early riser so I often go to the aft pool and sit on a stool overlooking the pool with a book, coffee, and a bagel. I was sitting and eating when one of the ship's officers approached said, "Good morning," and sat a few stools away with his breakfast and coffee. Directly in front of us in the aft pool a gentlemann was swimming and soon got out of the pool. He wrapped a towel around his waist and proceeded to pull his bathing suit off. All of a sudden he grabbed a second towel and started toweling himself off. While he was drying off the first towel fell to the ground and he made no motion to replace it. He just continued slowly drying off and eventually pulled on a pair of running shorts and strutted off. The ship's officer very calmly turned to me and said, "On behalf of the Princess Cruise Line I offer my apologies for that scene we just witnessed."

A few years ago while on a cruise my husband was feeling a little bad that we had done all the shore excursions he wanted to do but nothing that I had wanted, so he reluctantantly agreed to go snorkling so I wouldn't have to go alone. He has never snorkled before and doesn't really care for deep water, especially if it contains live animals..When the boat slowed and they anounced to everyone to chose thier masks and fins out of the bins on the deck. I quickly grabbed my size and sat down to put them on. After a few minutes I realized Bob was still looking for his flippers...When the deck hand approached him (in a bahama's accent) asked "Mon, do you got a problem?" and Bob says he can't find his size..So this guys asks what size and Bob says 14..The deckhand steps back and looks down at Bobs feet and says very loudly "Mon, wit feet like dat yoo dunt need flippers!!"....Everyone on deck just stopped moving and burst out laughing..I think I laughed the hardest..

My then-boyfriend (now husband) and I went on the Big Red Boat back in '98 - our travel agent sold it to us as a great cruise for people our age (we were in college), and we didn't find out until we were already on board that the BRB catered mainly to families and had Looney Tunes everywhere we went. But that's beside the point...

So, I was in the shower in our cabin one afternoon. I hear our cabin door open and assumed that it was my boyfriend coming back from the pool. I hear steps coming toward the bathroom and so I assumed that he was coming in to let me know that he was back. I open the shower curtain just as the bathroom door opens, only to expose myself to our cabin steward!! I scream and close the curtain, he drops his bucket of cleaning supplies right there, screams, and runs out of the room. I always thought I'd be mortified in a situation like that, but I couldn't stop laughing...I thought it was hilarious! So, we go to dinner later that evening. When we come back, our poor steward had left me a long apology note, along with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. After that, I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw the poor guy, and he turned as red as a tomato every time he saw me! :D

Now all my coworkers are staring at me wondering why I'm laughing hysterically :-)

That was TOO funny!