18 pk beer and 4 pk wine coolers- best way to pack?

Valeri8806

We're in Miami and our cruise leaves tomorrow! I'm just wondering- DH picked up an 18-pk. of beer and I have a 4 pk. of Fuzzy Navel bottles. What's the best way to pack these? The Fuzzy Navels I will roll in clothes, but what about the cans of beer? Should we leave them in the box, take them out? If we take them out, pack them all in one suitcase or split them between the two?

Also, lock the luggage, or leave it unlocked? They can't go through your luggage w/o you being there anyway can they?

We're in Miami and our cruise leaves tomorrow! I'm just wondering- DH picked up an 18-pk. of beer and I have a 4 pk. of Fuzzy Navel bottles. What's the best way to pack these? The Fuzzy Navels I will roll in clothes, but what about the cans of beer? Should we leave them in the box, take them out? If we take them out, pack them all in one suitcase or split them between the two?

Also, lock the luggage, or leave it unlocked? They can't go through your luggage w/o you being there anyway can they?

Gift wrap the 18 pack in gift wrap that should be good to go in the checked bag.

We can bring an 18 pack of beer on board with us????? I didn't think that was allowed.

Wow, my husband will be happy! :D *lol*

Technically, you're not 'allowed' but it's moreso of if you get caught. We've taken alcohol with us onboard before, but found it to be a hassle more than anything. (We had it in a very good washed out mouthwash bottle). Best is just wrap it in clothes, and hope that nothing breaks!

Do you have a mini-fridge at least or no? How will he be icing it?

You don't need to disguise the 18-pack as long as it is in a checked suitcase. I would be concerned about the bottles breaking or leaking. What I suggest you do is to put each bottle in a ziplock baggie, then slip each baggie/bottle in one of your husband's socks and slip the socked baggie/bottle inside one of his shoes. All of this in a checked suitcase. This should be enough to prevent leakage or breakage.

We have often dedicated one bag to drinks - sodas, water, liquor, energy drinks. Not been a fan of bringing beer due to the changes in temperature. Put a nice, cushy towel (beach towels work great) in the bottom of the bag. We put 2 liters or 6/12 packs of plastic/aluminum in their own garbage bag just in case. For glass bottles, wrap in its own towel and put in a ziploc or other bag. Throw another towel on top.

If anyone has ever seen them load the luggage, you cannot be too careful. By putting drinks in their own bag, you dont worry about spills ruining your clothes. Not recommended for air though so make a stop before you check-in for the cruise. Throw in a soft sided cooler that you can fold up and ice is not a problem if you have a good cabin steward.

Archived