Fajardo Bio Bay Kayak Tour

ElvisLover1

Let me start by saying if there is already a thread regarding this question I apologize for starting another one! I looked and did not seeing anything that I felt answered my question. We are sailing on the Freedom in July and stopping in San Juan in the evening. We would like to take the Bio Bay Kayak Tour but my DH is in a wheelchair. He is able to walk short distances with the assistance of a cane so I am trying to find out how far it is from parking area to the area where you get in your kayak. If anyone has done this excursion on any cruise line I would appreciate your input as I am sure all the companies that offer it pick up and park in the same general area. Any and all input is greatly appreciated as this is our first cruise since he became wheelchair dependent.

Let me start by saying if there is already a thread regarding this question I apologize for starting another one! I looked and did not seeing anything that I felt answered my question. We are sailing on the Freedom in July and stopping in San Juan in the evening. We would like to take the Bio Bay Kayak Tour but my DH is in a wheelchair. He is able to walk short distances with the assistance of a cane so I am trying to find out how far it is from parking area to the area where you get in your kayak. If anyone has done this excursion on any cruise line I would appreciate your input as I am sure all the companies that offer it pick up and park in the same general area. Any and all input is greatly appreciated as this is our first cruise since he became wheelchair dependent.

There are lots of threads on this tour.

I know your specific question might not have been answered, but there is contact info in these threads... you could probably just ask the tour operator and get an accurate answer... That's what I would do !

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=964671

We've done this in Fajardo a number of times, but never with a cruise line.

The distance to walk is not that far. You could drop him off near where your kayak operator puts-in and then go park the car.

If you do a Google search for "kayak fajardo bio bay" I'm sure you'll find contact info for some of the tour operators. You can then contact them to ask for sure.

Thank you both. I did contact a tour operator in San Juan and while they are not the company who services Carnival they were very helpful and were able to answer my questions! They did offer to book us independently of the cruise at a better price and promised that we would make it back well before our sailing time but I am still thinking about that as I would HATE to miss the boat!!:eek: Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Thank you both. I did contact a tour operator in San Juan and while they are not the company who services Carnival they were very helpful and were able to answer my questions! They did offer to book us independently of the cruise at a better price and promised that we would make it back well before our sailing time but I am still thinking about that as I would HATE to miss the boat!!:eek: Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Sounds like this will work out for you. :p

Archived